SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Thanks for this! Unfortunately, the website appears to be down.

8 years ago

It's not really down, it's the free tk domain that is failing to resolve.

I'll get a decent domain soon, but sgtools.com is already taken :\
I'll have to take .net or .info probably

8 years ago

Never thanked you for this amazing tool so I grab the chance now. Thank you very much!
Also, I found a problem affecting my count for the real CV. At first I noticed it was showing 39% to Lv.6 while on SG I'm at 5.35, then I've seen Biology Battle is shown as non-bundle even if I gifted it after its bundle date (Feb 12, 2015). I guess that's what is pumping my CV.
Hope I helped :)

8 years ago

2 things that should be whitelisted aka false-positives on my profile ;) http://www.sgtools.tk/nonactivated/PapaSmok/papasmok:

8 years ago

Thanks for the report, added to whitelist!

8 years ago

Hi, I'm trying to resolve a difference between the Real CV tool and Steam Gifts. SG calls me Lvl 8.02 but the tool reports 8.21816, a difference of about $200. The discrepancy was only noticed a week or so ago.

Is it possible the Real CV tool's database is not up to date or out of sync with the SG bundle list? It shows the non-bundled price (and color code) for the following games even though the games are in the bundle list and retroactively dated back to my giveaways.

Suspect listings:
Hello Kitty and Sanrio Friends Racing

Frozenbyte Collection

MadSpace: To Hell and Beyond

It is also possible I am missing something totally obvious because it's very late. If so, just call me names and tell me to go to sleep.

8 years ago

I'll take a look at that in the near future.

Right now I'm refactoring all the tool from simple php/html/cs/js to Symfony 2 so I'm in the middle of a process on which i should not touch too much the "old" code >_<

8 years ago

Take your time; I'd rather see your work completed correctly.

8 years ago

I'm having problems with the calculator indicating that all the games I won have been unactivated! I checked my account and all the games I won are registered in my Steam Library. I don't want to be Blacklisted by people thinking I don't activate any of the games I win D: Can you help me out?

8 years ago

It seems that you are not inputting the correct steamID or steam vanity name, you can check your activated status with the correct parameters here

8 years ago

Thanks so much for your help! This is such a great tool.

8 years ago

How precise is the CV calculation tool? According to it, I should be lvl 7, but I'm actually 6.99 (Q_Q). Any way to know how much I actually miss?

8 years ago

It seems it got corrected now, levels begin at XX.01 instead of XX.00 :)

8 years ago

Can't seem to find the server right now.

8 years ago

I just moved to production the complete remake of the tools under symfony2, so expect some bugs. Please report them here :)

8 years ago

I'm breaking the server (The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".).

8 years ago

Thanks for the report, working again ;)

8 years ago

In sent gifts think there should be '%" in xx.xx to level x. So its more clear what that number xx.xx means.

btw
what is the purpose of button "sign in through steam"

8 years ago

Oops, that % should be there, maybe it run away when I was busy moving to symfony, sneaky %!

The sign in through steam will be useful on new features only, so right now you can ignore it :)

8 years ago

This one maybe should be whitelisted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23455 - Grand Ages: Rome - Reign of Augustus

It's an expansion package that requires the base game and is part of Grand Ages: Rome GOLD - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2996/ and I believe it's not returned correctly from steam as owned.

8 years ago

Thanks for the report, added to whitelist

8 years ago

i have to ask... is there a way to change how multiple wins are detected by the tool?
because right now if someone wins a game twice, it doesn't matter if he marks 1 copy as received and the other as not received (ie: waiting for a reroll), the tool will show that game as a multiple win.

since there are a lot of people blacklisting because they spot something bad with the tool, this is a problem. specially for new people that have no idea what to do when they win twice and the GA creator takes weeks to reroll.

8 years ago

That is not how it should be working, it must be a bug. Can you link me to someone where this happens?

8 years ago

I also have a user that the tools is not showing as winning twice when it should. I've sent a Steam friend request to send you the link.

8 years ago

I guess the whole tool is bugged then, it was working before the migration to sf2. I accepted your request but I'm not in home, just send me an offline message and I'll read it later!

8 years ago

that's pretty complicated here because of the call out rule and also because most multiple winners are new members and it's hard to put in contact with them... if i spot someone willing to help i'll direct them to this thread.

8 years ago

You can add me to steam and send me a message with the details to avoid calling out here

8 years ago

The issue that made this false reports appear was multiple copies giveaways that the tool couldn't check the not-received status since it was not displayed in the won page.

Now the tool enters the giveaway to check the real received/not received status for the winner we are checking, but this has a limitation. It works for public giveaways but not for Private/Group ones, since the tool can't enter the giveaway to check.

8 years ago

ah ok, pity it can't be fixed 100% but it will help most people that entered massive public GAs. thanks :3

8 years ago

That's why I (and more people) keep asking CG to implement a public/private API to access SG data easily and with precision.

8 years ago

the site have a problem ? now http://www.sgtools.tk not work again for me :(

8 years ago

Working here, is a problem with the domain name resolution, free tk domain's nameservers are just bad

8 years ago

now that work :) thanks for the reply

8 years ago

Hi, I won Agapan, activated, but SGTools give me false positive.
http://www.sgtools.tk/nonactivated/Wissaul/76561198153339132

8 years ago

The game doesn't show up on your account when I look at it. And it's not one of those invisible game, because it does show up on my friend's accounts, whether they played it or not.

Maybe you should check back if it's actually activated.

8 years ago

It is activated.
http://i.imgur.com/mURzuNH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/okDvAvT.jpg
But I don't see this game in my library. I found this:
https://steamdb.info/depot/344261/subs/
https://steamdb.info/sub/58627/history/
https://steamdb.info/sub/58628/history/
58627 and 58628 was removed from the package
Also I will write to steam support...

8 years ago

I was going to add it to whitelist... but it seems that it got solved by itself. Maybe Steam did something with the appid's?

8 years ago

Yes, steam added Agapan back to the package. I have it now in my lybrary :)
https://steamdb.info/sub/58628/history/
Anyway thank you :)

8 years ago*

Ownership of Agapan is definitely bugged.. I have it among activated licences, by activation date I would say that it was key from Groupees BaGB 6 (8th July).. Steam store says that I own it and I don't have the game in library !?! I noticed that yesterday when I saw giveaway for Agapan that I could enter; I had to blacklist it on sg, just to be safe not to enter one by mistake.

8 years ago

Big fan here. Couple of suggestions (pardon my non-technical language though):

• Your real CV sent tool already provides value breakdowns (you know, when you hover over the number). Can it provide the n of giveaways?
  • It would be nice to see which GAs were public, group, whitelist and private separately. Tabs, probably? I thought it would not be too difficult, since all the data is already there.
  • Finally - and this is a big one - since you're already peeking at a user's owned games list, would it be possible to check whether a user already has a game they won? Like, we select the game from a drop down list, then the tool does its thingy? Maybe couple it with the nonactivations tool? Yes, yes, I know I can check this one manually, but Steam game search always crashes my browser so maybe you can spoil me yet again? :P

I also noticed that the tool tends to give a connection error recently, I dunno whether that's on my end or yours... or maybe it's punishing me for using it too often :-\

8 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions

1. Seems like a good idea, I'll add it to the breakdown
  2. I can do a tabbed view, default tab is all with all other tabs filtering the giveaway types. Since there are giveaways of more than one type, some of them will get repeated in other tabs thought.
  3. This one is a little problematic. Steam only allows a relatively small number of API queries per time, so throwing some of them in a thing that you can do in their website with no value added is not efficient. What happens with your browser? did you try using private browsing?

It's the DNS resolution of the free domain, I'll get a paid domain soon to correct that.

8 years ago

1. Yay!
  2. Yes, this is what I had in mind. Although if you group Group/whitelist GAs together the overlap issue will be solved ( I think there is not much difference between the two anyway, from a philosophical point of view)
  3. Ah, now understand better how the tool works :3 In that case, nevermind, I agree it would not be efficient.

In case you wonder, I use Firefox mainly - and it gives me the ol' freeze (for a good 5 seconds or so) everytime I look at another person's games list or inventory. Dunno whether this is a browser issue, internet issue or a hardware issue. It works, but it could be better.

8 years ago

Do you have Enchanced Steam? It adds achievments to the "all games" page so it took ages for this page to load esp if someone has got lot of games.

If you open this same game list in browser (with and without ES) you will see how less time it takes to load all games in browser without ES.

8 years ago

I occasionally enable it, but the issue pops even with ES disabled.

8 years ago

It's live now, go check it ;)

8 years ago

IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

...Well, not really, but it really is neat. Thanks for your hard work!

8 years ago

Nice tool :)

Btw, if i want to log out from the website, what should i do ?

8 years ago

Delete the cookie from your browser.

Right now there is no account management, neither an account itself it just gets the steam open id data and stores in the cookie to display the avatar. Accounts will take a role in the future, but right now is a placeholder.

8 years ago

So I don't know if this is important or has been reported before, but when I try to list my sent for Real CV
While it lists the number and level correctly, it lists all the games twice.

8 years ago

I just checked it and it works well, force a reload on the page to update css? Usually Ctrl+F5
Do you block javascript execution?

8 years ago

The Forced reload fixed it. That was weird. Thanks :D

8 years ago

Finally I got a decent domain, it's working already here but it could take up to 48 hours to propagate to your DNS servers. Once this time has passed I'll redirect all traffic from .tk to the real domain.

New domain http://www.sgtools.info

8 years ago

Congrats, well done :)
Works for me already.

8 years ago

"sign in through steam" direct to old domain :)

8 years ago

I'm aware of it, I plan to change it after the domain is online for 48 hours, just to be sure that everybody can actually use the new domain.

8 years ago

Unfortunately I have a monitor 1024 x 768

and the layout is "broken"

It has something that can be done to correct?

once again thank you for this amazing tool =D

View attached image.
8 years ago

Ouch a 1024px screen? Right now the size of the side is 1300px wide, but since Steamgifts is 1400px wide so I assumed everybody here will have at least that size.

I'm not able to remember the last time I've seen a screen with a resolution of less than 1300px.

8 years ago

unfortunately I still own a monitor 1024x768 =(

The part that is visible only after using the scroll bar ... it's possible? the background continue to be displayed and not just white (as can be seen in print)

View attached image.
8 years ago

Try it now, it should work ok, small but ok.

If you don't see any change, do a force-reaload on the webpage (crtl+f5)

8 years ago

I'm not sure if it was mentioned already, but the site seems to return incorrect results when the username is entered through the form, but correct results when called from the script. See this example.

8 years ago

As I told you in the other post, you are passing the steam username not the steam vanity name or steamid. For more information on how to get the correct value check the base landing page.

8 years ago

I see, thanks for explaining. Is there any way to identify that the user typed the wrong name or otherwise reduce the likelyhood of this issue? As you can see, many people use it incorrectly and come to the conclusion that false positives and much more common than they actually are (when used properly).

How about offering an option to fill in the SG profile URL (e.g. this) instead of Username + Vanity name combination? This would bring usability very close to that of the script.

8 years ago

Unfortunately it can't be done, CG blocks steam url for profiles to non-users (the bot is not a user)

8 years ago

Any reason not to register it as a user so that it can access this data?

8 years ago

A permaban for multi account?

8 years ago

Your site is a great aid to all giveaway creators and is actually endorsed by SteamGifts Support. I'm sure they'll be willing to make an exception if the other account is (1) used to improve the service and make it easier to use, and (2) is not used to enter or create any giveaways.

8 years ago

The best solution would be that Steamgifts had an open or private API that developers of tools could use to get better and faster information, instead of having to parse it from normal views.
That's something I asked on a support ticket long ago, and I know that some more people did the same too, but there is still no response from CG.

The problem with another user is that I'm pretty sure that most of the support people are not able to do that, and if it relies in CG... well he has a lot more important things to do than to create a limited account for tools like mine just to parse one single value out of profile pages.

8 years ago

As you'll see when entering the tool's website, now there is a left column with a Google Adsense ad on it.

Why after nearly 8 month I decided to put an ad in the site? The response is quite simple thought, the first free year of amazon ec2 micro instance hosting has run out and now the only option is to pay for the hosting and of course for the new domain.

If it's too much to handle for anyone of you you can block it with any of the ad-blockers out there, but I hope you can get along with them. I think it's situated on a place where it will not interfere with the site, so if you feel like you want to help to maintain the hosting and you use an ad-blocker, you can whitelist the domain in you blocker.

8 years ago

Whitelisted :)

I was recently thinking about joining them as well but I could not really figure out what kind of costs I would face when my free year was up. It would be nice (after some time has passed) if you could give me a rough figure what kind of cost it generated for you :)

8 years ago

It's quite expensive if you want to maintain it running all the time, so I'll most likely change to Digitalocean soon.
My calculations shows 14,9$/month for a micro and that's alot for the shitty server that a micro instance is.

Digital ocean got a 5$ and 10$ a month tiers that are far better than EC2 ones.

8 years ago

Thanks to a change on steamgifts the tool now only needs steamgifts username to check "not activated" status.

Profiles include links to Steam for logged out users browsing the site.
8 years ago

Brilliant! Thank you so much!

8 years ago

8 years ago

Done! Thanks for the report! I nearly missed it without message notifications >_<

8 years ago

did I bump this already ... if i did oops.

Bump again. thank you <3

8 years ago

Bumping and also noticing a minor bug in the formatting of multiple wins:

Ruzh Delta Z (won 3 times) (on x x, 2015, x:xxpm <strong>and</strong> x x, 2015, x:xpm <strong>and</strong> x x, 2015, x:xpm)

The message includes the tag <strong>. Also it is larger than the red rectangle (attaching image), and if there are several multiple wins the long text overlaps with the text below.

Also thanks for the new update from 3 days ago, you were fast :D

View attached image.
8 years ago*

Done! Maybe you'll need a force reload to not use your browser cached CSS

8 years ago

I would like to suggest an enhancement for the Real CV tool. It currently tells the user what percentage of they way they are to the next level, but I think it would be more useful to display the equivalent value in money they need to spend to get there. For example, when I check my real cv I see:

32.40% to Level 5

This is difficult to "feel", especially when each level has very different pace. I think showing the amount I need to spend ($101.4 if I'm calculating correctly¹) would be more useful.

¹ I calculated it this way: (100-32.4)/100*(250-100)=$101.4 ...not sure if it's right.

8 years ago

+1, that would be nice

8 years ago

I can add it, of course, but I think you are complicating the calculations needed. It's really easy to know how much yo need to level:

You take the value at the right side and substract your CV, thats what you need to give. In your case: 250 - 149.05 = 100.95

8 years ago

Overcomplicating indeed. It's funny that my CV was staring and me right there, wearing the largest font, and I somehow missed how it's related to the bar and the next level. Me stupid.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.