SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hey, I've tried to make a private giveaway with your tool, but is seems it doesn't work with region-locked keys (it says " Error: Giveaway is not private "). It's a bug?

8 years ago

It's currently a bug, someone reported it yesterday too.

I'll look at it when I get some free time, thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Ok, thank you for your efforts! :-)

8 years ago

Unfortunately SG doesn't show the bot anything about the giveaway because it's not in the correct region.

So unless there is a way to read the giveaway it would be difficult to bypass this.

8 years ago

Your account is flagged as having some unactivated win ?

8 years ago

Would it be possible to add a small feature where you can enter the name of a game (or even the appid), and the site tells you how much CV it would give to create a giveaway for that game? Currently it seems like I have to find someone who made a giveaway, and look at the real-cv page of that user, which is a bit roundabout.

8 years ago

Steam $ price * 0.15 if bundled. Not that complicated actually.

8 years ago

Look at the game in this list: http://www.steamgifts.com/bundle-games

If you find it the value will be 15% of the points needed to enter

8 years ago

Guild Wars Trilogy is false positive D:
http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/jatan11t

8 years ago

weird

do you now have to suspend yourself for calling yourself out? ;-)

8 years ago

Added to equivalence table, thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Still says I have some unactivated wins when I try to check requirements for a giveaway

8 years ago

Because your data are sitll in the short-term cache. Once it expires the tool will parse the new data and you'll be able to enter.

This is a measure to avoid massive parsing when a user wants to enter several GA and to avoid people trying to cheat the system to some extend

8 years ago

I haven't been able to access the new giveaways sections of the site at all, either using it myself or trying to see if I qualify for other's giveaways. It makes me sign in with steam and then always gives a 500 error.

8 years ago

Strange, I'll look at it

8 years ago

I figured it out. This character in my steam name messed it up. Once I removed it I had no problem signing in.

8 years ago

Thanks for the update!

It's strange because I use UTF8, but there must be something in between failing.

8 years ago

Hello!
I won Duke Nukem Forever, but sgtool count it as not-activated. In Steam Store game have ID 57900 (https://steamdb.info/app/57900/), I received with ID 57970 (https://steamdb.info/app/57970/). Can you make it whitelisted or something?

8 years ago

Done! Now you appear clean :)

Thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Hello. The tool can't detect that I already activated Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind.
http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/Slider7
http://store.steampowered.com/app/25808 (https://steamdb.info/sub/7172/)
It was a part of Europa Universalis III Collection (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/29112/)

8 years ago

Just ran across this as well when checking a winner.

8 years ago

8 years ago

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
and
XCOM® 2
are false positive.

8 years ago

Done, they where cached when no release date was set, updated the cached info and now they are being ignored until launch date.

Thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Thnak you for fixing!

8 years ago

i like your giveawayfilter, but is there a solution if i want only few options the filter? like everything doesnt matter but mulitple wins and not activated?

8 years ago

Just leave the ones you don't want blank

8 years ago

thx alot =)
on dark theme it looks like there are values but on light theme it looks right (light grey) =)

8 years ago

System says I didn't activate "Trine 2: Complete Story". But the giveaway I've won was for "Trine 2: Soundtracks & Artbooks".

8 years ago

8 years ago

Thanks for fix. Still, I'm getting "Your account is flagged as having some unactivated Win." while checking some giveaway rules.

8 years ago

You need to wait till the cache expires

8 years ago

Ah, it's working already. Thanks.

8 years ago

Didn't know if was reported already but still.
Your site says I won some games several times, but this is not true. I mean it's half true, because I really won them, but in first time I haven't recieved the key, and second time the key was already activated. So both giveaways checked as "Not recieved" on SG, which is true. But your site doesn't allow me to enter some guys' giveaways because of this.

8 years ago

Ah, this is one of those instances where the tool can't check if you marked as received or not. there were more then 3 winners, so not all are displayed in the overview, and both GAs were region restricted, so the tool can't look at them... guess this also needs some special handling...

8 years ago

That's exactly the case and that's why some hours ago I created this suggestion.

Thanks for keeping people informed :D

8 years ago

Both giveaways weren't region restricted actually.

8 years ago

nope, region locked to ru-cis

8 years ago

Nope, they're not. Double checked. You're watching something else but not the giveaways I was talking about.

8 years ago

Tool reports only "Retention" giveaways, both are locked for ru+cis.

8 years ago

You kidding me? I checked few times myself: THEY'RE NOT REGION LOCKED. Don't know about the tool, but I believe my eyes and SG.

8 years ago

Go to http://www.steamgifts.com/user/AlexFreez/giveaways/won/search?q=retent
See that little globe on the right side? This is icon for region restricted giveaway. Hover over it if you belive only your own eyes.

8 years ago

As I said, I wasn't talking about this giveaways in particular, and I never considered this ones "several" in my statements. So this is another misunderstanding here.

You were so helpfull, now ending the discussion. This was just a report.

8 years ago

The globe icon represents a region locked GA

8 years ago

"Not activated" DLC:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/25808 (Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind).

8 years ago

Solved, thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Thank You.

8 years ago

Thanks, it's very useful.

8 years ago

This is getting really annoying because I have activated all my wins but some were dlc the site can't see for some reason so I can't enter any of the giveaways using this because "Your account is flagged as having some unactivated win" -_-

8 years ago

The solution is really easy, post like you just did no need to get annoyed at all.

You received a strange license-based app. I added it to the equivalence list to the normal program and you are now clear.

8 years ago

thank you very much

8 years ago

Great work with the tool, its quite useful. I do have a couple questions regarding the Giveaway Dashboard though. Does it use cached data or does it obtain it live? If it is cached, how often it is updated? The reason I ask is that according to the CV checker I have a total of $3.15 Real CV on Public Giveaways, yet when trying to enter a giveaway with a required 2 it claims I have only $0.15. Feedback on my second public giveaway was obtained sometime earlier today.
Edit: And now it correctly detects my CV.

8 years ago*

It is a cached value as you already guessed, and it's short enough to not make you wait too much :)

The real values will be kept in secret though

8 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Keep up the great work :D

8 years ago

I have a question. For a long time I had multiple wins for the same game (2-year-old case, my first days on SG), but now it's finally fixed. As you can see, it corectly says I don't have any multiple wins. However, when I try to enter giveaway with "No multiple wins" condition, it still says that my account is flagged as having multiple wins for the same game.
Is there any way to fix it?

8 years ago

By now I guess you already notices that you can probably access the giveaways already. There is a caching time when the values are not recalculated to stop hammering Steamgifts, once this time passes new cached values are calculated :)

8 years ago

Actually, I was being lazy (didn't try to to enter since I posted here) and noticed it only after you replied. ;) Thank you for the answer, mate!

8 years ago

Is it possible to add a filter that uses number of giveaways entered? The data is only available through user list.

8 years ago

It could be possible but not very practical since the number raises every now and then and we use a cached value it'll easily made people who in theory can enter the GA wait until cache is renewed.

Apart from that, it means more SG parsing for a flat number that by itself doesn't mean much

8 years ago

Raising number isn't a problem. I am interested in unlucky giveaways and using number of entries (entries >= X) and maximum won value (value == 0) could be used to find those that haven't won but have at least tried to some degree. Can be done without the first but it then allows just registered members to pass through which isn't the point.

8 years ago

Can you also list the GA's which aren't calculated with lower than 5 entrants in a different tab? I think I have at least 500-USD worth of GA's like this :D

8 years ago

It's something requested some times and will be implemented in the future since alot of private groups have difficulties on getting to 5 entries.

8 years ago

Any ETA on this feature?

8 years ago

"The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom: Deluxe Gold Edition" may have false positive.
I just encountered someone who won this and it shows they did not activate it. When I manually check their game library, there is "The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom - Gold Edition", store page automatically redirects to the Deluxe Gold page.

Please double check, thanks!

8 years ago

+1 for me too flags as false positive :c The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom - Deluxe Gold Edition, preventing me from joining GAs when people use SGtools to handle the link to GAs, I was commenting it in old discussion few days back, so I copied it here too now.

8 years ago

Thanks for the report, added to equivalence list and now you are clean.

8 years ago

yay, it's working now, thank you =)

8 years ago

False Positive report: A strange case of AppID games being played.

Some older Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 GAs are linked to
http://store.steampowered.com/app/115300

The AppID is 42680
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
https://steamdb.info/app/42680/

But the store page is:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/115300

example: http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/DrPixel

8 years ago

8 years ago

Tool is reporting that my real CV for public games is 25.95, getting that from This GA.
Here is my page I have over $100 in non-bundle games alone.
Not a problem, just wanted you to be aware.

8 years ago

It seems that steamgifts died during the caching values requests for your account. Try again and you should get the real result.

8 years ago

Hi,

I won and activated http://store.steampowered.com/app/73020/ but it shows this as not activated: http://store.steampowered.com/app/25980/

Seems like another one for the false positive list.

8 years ago

Added to whitelist, thanks for the report!

8 years ago

I won and activated this game - http://store.steampowered.com/app/236870
But sgtools said its not activated - http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/XardasM
Can you fix it? =)

8 years ago

Done thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Does the GA Tool sync at a different time than the rest of your site? I have everything activated according to your Activation Tool, yet the GA Tool says I have not.

8 years ago

Giveaway part caches your data for a small period of time, the others parts are real-time

8 years ago

How long is a "short period of time"?

I've been having problems entering giveaways the past couple of days ("Your account is flagged as having some unactivated Wins or your profile is Private."), but a manual check shows me clean.

I never used to have to open up my profile to pass the check (I presume that's the caching in action?).

Also, I've had a manual check tell me my profile is still private shortly after I open it up...

8 years ago

A short period of time is a short period of time, not too little not too long.

As from some days ago I changed the rule to count private profiles as not activated. If you don't show the tool what you have activated, it assumes that you didn't.

8 years ago

As far as I know, I did show it (opened profile, tried to enter giveaway).

I also tried other things such as logging out and in again, etc.

8 years ago

Cache won't be fooled by any tricks that you do, it has to properly expire to renew.

8 years ago

I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm not trying to play any tricks. How I am supposed to do it?

8 years ago

Sorry I did not write it properly, I was not referring to you, but in general to avoid malicious uses of sync.

Cache renewal is semi random (fixed part + random offset) to try to prevent some people cheating the system, and to have time to recover what they cheated from the database to have proof about their activities. (There has been people trying to cheat it)

That's the reason that the timing is not specified :)

8 years ago

OK, I understand that you can't tell exactly how long the cache period is for any given instance.

What I'd like to know is if my "couple of days" is likely to be longer than the typical cache period, i.e. is what I'm seeing likely to be cache-related or something else?

If it's cache-related, what's a roughly reasonable additional time to wait to let it sort itself out (another day? a week?); otherwise, is it likely some other problem I'm seeing?

8 years ago

With 2 full days, it must have expired for sure.

8 years ago

OK, so my question now becomes: how do I persuade sgtools that I have no non-activated wins for the purposes of entering giveaways?

8 years ago

Set your profile public and have it that way until it syncs

8 years ago

Back to my original question: how long is that?

If it's longer than, say, a minute, and I can't force sync, then sgtools is incompatible with private (or, in my case, friend-only) profiles.

8 years ago

is the cache the reason why the following happens to me right now?

i tried to enter a giveaway, but my account was flagged for multiple wins in March 2013. that was some days ago (not sure when exactly). i then resolved the issue by contacting the GA creator from back then. so when i check now, i don't have any multiple wins anymore. sgtools says my status is good. but when i try to enter this specific giveaway again, i still get the message that my account is flagged. will this resolve itself over time?

8 years ago

It's because of the cache, but I just invalidated yours. Try to enter again and it should be fine :)

8 years ago

awesome, thank you! :)

8 years ago

Hm, how could people cheat the system with a steam sync? I can imagine situations where forcing a SG sync could be abused, but a steam sync?

8 years ago

[Sorry, I think we hit a limit on forum's nesting level, so in case you didn't get a message flag for my deeply-nested response, please allow me to repeat it here.]

You said: "Set your profile public and have it that way until it syncs"

Back to my original question: how long is that?

If it's longer than, say, a minute, and I can't force sync, then sgtools is incompatible with private (or, in my case, friend-only) profiles.

8 years ago

Then I'm afraid it is incompatible with your friend-only profile

8 years ago

Please make this clear to anyone who creates a giveaway affected by this recent change.

sgtools generally helps people automate checking SteamGifts policies or additional policies of their choosing for giveaways, but this is a serious divergence from SteamGifts policy (i.e. SteamGifts has no problem with private or friend-only profiles). and it must be an explicit choice by the giveaway creator.

I will do my part to discourage use of sgtools until/if this changes, at least by people who respect the privacy of others.

EDIT: I started a poll/discussion here: http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/Js88O/

8 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.