Purchase the AUGUST 2018 Monthly Bundle!

A curated bundle of games sent to your inbox every month. When you subscribe, you'll immediately receive A Hat in Time, The Escapists 2, and Conan Exiles with more to come and enjoy 10% off in the Humble Store!

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

Subscribe before the FIRST FRIDAY OF AUGUST(3rd AUGUST) for $12* to receive the AUGUST bundle

• Note: If you are a recurring subscriber, you will be AUTOCHARGED ON JULY 27th, 2018
  • Share your Humble Store discount with a friend!: When you share your discount, you and your friend will receive 10% off Humble Store purchases.

Also, it's too late to buy the July Monthly Bundle. You will therefore NOT receive that bundle by purchasing this one!

Notice: ⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

The Escapists 2

Sudden Strike 4

Sudden Strike 4 locks warning from HB

Forged Battalion

Forged Battalion region locks warning from HB

The Surge (SteamDB), Pathologic Classic HD (SteamDB), Kona (SteamDB) are all ROW keys. (confirmed)

Important! If you try to cancel the subscription and don't go through with the cancellation, you will get a $3 discount for your next monthly. source

If anyone tries this, please confirm.

Pay early and get: A Hat in Time, The Escapists 2, and Conan Exiles

Game Ratings Cards Achievements Bundled Retail Price
A Hat in Time 98% of 6816 reviews 🏆 0 $29.99
The Escapists 2 79% of 4214 reviews 🏆 0 $19.99
Conan Exiles 67% of 20015 reviews 🏆 0 $39.99
The Surge 73% of 2537 reviews 🏆 0 $39.99
Sudden Strike 4 72% of 2002 reviews 🏆 0 $49.99
Kona 84% of 1021 reviews - 🏆 0 $14.99
Forged Battalion 82% of 416 reviews - - 0 $19.99
Pathologic Classic HD 85% of 678 reviews 🏆 1 $12.99
  • 10% store discount

Retail:

• $227.92

CV:

• 34.19 (?)

Humble original: Woten

"Somewhere on this island sits the legendary Tree of Life, upon whose mighty branches grows a golden fruit of AWESOME power!"
Woten is a short and sweet 2D puzzle-platformer infused with the spirit of discovery! Jump, climb and headbutt your way through a strange and puzzling landscape. You'll need to observe, predict and manipulate the behaviour of a menagerie of cute and curious creatures if you hope to carve a path across the island. Can you unearth the secrets of the mysterious Fossil Range?

Note about referrals:

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
You can disable referral links from your settings panel:
https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/referrals

Read Rachel's detailed Q+A to these Humble Monthlies! Also, read HB's FAQ!

Are you interested in knowing other ongoing bundles? Feel free to check out the new master thread!

NB: SUBSCRIBE BEFORE 10 AM PDT, 3rd AUGUST!

Thanks to luckz for the poll!

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

This is the expensive subscription train, and you need a golden ticket to ride. Got one?

View Results
It's that time of the month again - I just stay subscribed, and some day my games will unlock. Yawn.
I'm buying a ticket for the Monthly train, and the Humble Conductor shall offer me a nice ride. Choo-choo!
The floppy genitals in Conan Exiles are a truly revolting sight. I'm pausing, and they better find something better next month.
I might be a Bundle Tycoon, but these unlocks aren't enough to make me buy in.
I'm on the fence (they have fences so people don't get run over by trains!), perhaps further unlocks will appear to make my decision easier.
I already rode on the initially revealed tracks, aren't these supposed to be exclusive & unbundled?
Didn't buy before launch, now it's August and I'm filled with regret.
After the bundle with Elder Scrolls Online, I subscribed to that instead of the Monthly. Not in the market for even more games.

I was thinking about Humble Bundle region restrictions earlier, and now I've got myself confused. I feel silly asking this, but when Humble Bundle gives you that pop-up that says a key is region locked for, like, "AM, AZ, BR, BY, GE, KG, KZ, MD, RU, TJ, TM, UA, UZ," would users in those countries be able to activate the key if it's a ROW key purchased in the US? Or do the restrictions only apply when the key is purchased in those countries? Ugh, I hate region restrictions.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago*

I'm from the US though, and I've gotten the pop-up on multiple games. For example, the countries I listed above were from the pop-up I got for Borderlands GOTY. I just became confused as to whether I had a key anyone from any country could activate, or if the countries I mentioned are restricted.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

It basically comes down to SteamDB detective work. Each key will have a corresponding package. And each package may have restrictions to it. Using Borderlands GOTY for example, clicking on the Borderlands app and looking at all the packages that have it...
Searching through all the Borderlands GOTY Packages that have restrictions:
Sub 95290 - Can only be activated and run in AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA
Sub 95214 - Can only be activated and run in Brazil.
All other Borderlands GOTY packages can be activated or run anywhere.
(There are also non-GOTY packages for Germany - but we'll ignore those for this discussion)

So the key you get has to be either one of the two above subs or one that works anywhere. Those are the only options unless it's a different product like a Germany only non-GOTY base game.

But each case is different. It depends on the package. They can restrict activation to a list of countries or restrict it against a list of countries for each package. And the same applies to restricting where it can be run.

So in this case Borderlands GOTY keys for the U.S., can be activated worldwide. But most stores are safe about it, so if they have Brazil or Russian region restricted keys, they often tell you that each key cannot be used in any other region, which is not always true depending on the particular package restrictions.

5 years ago

Ok. Thank you for the explanation.

5 years ago

Hmm, I understand what you mentioned as i had a similar discussion with a group member recently. I am from Asia so I always worry about my region. For more information of gifting from Humble: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202712460-Gifting-Steam-Keys-From-Your-Bundle

I am curious though @RWarehall on Steam US residents can not gift to EU so is it the same on humble? Of course when you had created the gift link, you would see the regions. Have you encounter such particular situation or took notice of?

Thank you + Cheers, Cruse~

5 years ago

I usually just gift the key and not a gift link for Humble extras. And I check SteamDB because store region restrictions are notoriously wrong. Your best bet being from Asia is to read the comments or ask people in the thread about it. I often see people mentioning what package number they activated. And that makes it even easier to look up on SteamDB.

Our German friends probably know far more about this. So many games missing from their store, but many keys will still activate there. But if you need to know, there are usually people here talking about the real region restrictions right after the bundle releases. Trust the people mentioning package numbers or SteamDB over those just quoting Humble.

5 years ago

Oh that's very informative. Humble now notify buyers that the product in the bundle if its region restricted like when Dark Souls III was offered in the Monthly recently. It was restricted for me and they offered me Civilization Beyond Earth instead.

After the group discussion that I mentioned earlier, it is also my best bet to use a gift link as it was said that the gift receiver will activate the gift with a key of the region. All this is just nonsense from Valve, all they need to do is price everything in USD . . . Thank you for your information, Cheers, Cruse~

5 years ago

it is also my best bet to use a gift link as it was said that the gift receiver will activate the gift with a key of the region.

That might happen with a few games, but I think with the majority it will still give the receiver a key for the region the bundle was bought in.

5 years ago

So many games missing from their store, but many keys will still activate there.

EU law kinda mandates games meant for other EU countries to work.

5 years ago

I'm reading all this with interest because I just cancelled a GA for NBA 2K17 - as a US buyer I thought I had a ROW key, and looked up the package in Steam DB to confirm. But my winner was from Viet Nam, and the Humble pop-up at the gift link generator said that the game wouldn't play in Viet Nam. So I had the giveaway deleted (and gave the winner a better game from his wish-list anyway, so no harm done there - in fact, my Steam notifications tell me he's playing it now, so he seems happy).

Was I wrong to delete the giveaway? I don't mean to be obtuse, I understood your words, I'm just looking to ease a bit of confusion. I use gift links rather than keys, in part because Humble support has been so bent lately on the subject of gifts, so the region pop-up warning, which I had not been expecting, alarmed me.

(I don't mean to ask you to do work on my behalf - I did a lot of Googling on this and found a very mixed array of information about how this all works. If I'm being a burden, do feel free to say so.)

5 years ago

The (your) USA NBA2k17 is worldwide. The EU one is for Europe only. That's what I wrote into my obese key spreadsheet.

The Humble popup is because Vietnamese buyers get a different key, essentially. Or the information on their page is just random and there's no logic behind it. Pick either alternative.

5 years ago

Thanks for answering. Then I should really have just gone ahead and sent my ROW key to the Viet Nam winner, rather than believing the hype. /shakes fist

The reason I'm so irritated is that I actually did look all this up when I was making the GA, and then I doubted myself at the very end.

So they'd get a different key if they BOUGHT IT IN VIET NAM, but my ROW key would have worked.

5 years ago

HB basically don't bother looking up the actual locks; the publisher goes "give these keys to people in South East Asia <insert list of countries>" and then HB tell everybody else to be careful that people there might be unable to activate it.
Also, it's in their interest (both HB's and the publishers' really) to discourage cross region trading and especially grey market reselling, thus they have no motivation to display accurate region locks.

No idea if their region warnings for UPlay and Battle.net games are more accurate.

5 years ago

Yup, the U.S. key works worldwide but the Asia key is both redeem and run locked to Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Brunei Darussalam, and Macau. It's easier to just think of each "package ID" as a separate entity and the trick is to figure out which package ID they might be giving you. If every package they might be giving you works worldwide, you are good. Sometimes there are conflicting packages where some are region-locked and others not.
That is when it gets confusing.

SteamDB pulls their information straight from the Steam API, so their is nothing subjective there. But guessing which package your key actually activates is an issue. Sometimes you need to wait until someone reports what they activated in the thread. That's why if you look at the OP, they are trying to confirm which key people from various regions have actually received. And the links go straight to SteamDB and the packages. Just check the "Information" tab, if you don't see any restrictions, it's a worldwide key.

I'm sure it's confusing to Humble as well, because many of the region-locks don't work both ways. And then there is Germany who may get censored versions of the games which may or may not be region-locked vs the rest of Europe. So they take the easy way out, and if a publisher gives them Asia, Europe and RoW keys, they assume none of those keys work in any of the other regions.

5 years ago

You have both been so much help - thank you.

5 years ago

Can't wait to see next month bundle, in August wil be my birthday and maybe i give HB team a chance.

5 years ago

I'll still only buy if you like what you see and not lower your expectations. For the past 2 months I paused my Monthly only to find out that I prefer the unrevealed games more that the more expensive Revealed games.

I might had gotten last month if I know there is Shiness and Titan Quest with DLC!!! Titan Quest has never fallen lower than 50% and it includes its latest DLC, that alone is worth the price of the whole bundle for me. Shiness is a game I will like to try but not necessary buy it outright. I will not get Destiny 2 no matter what but I was interested in STYX, The Pillars of the Earth and Bear with Me Collection. Although its a shame, I will wait for favorable game bundles.

I will probably save the money up for winter so I can get more games for what its worth or the coming months. Cheers, Cruse~

5 years ago

That's how they seem to do it these days, early unlock trash like Destiny 2 and then put in good games people want after everyone has paused. I think I'll just leave it running until they manage to completely ruin one so it's not even worth giving away here.

5 years ago

I think there's a long while before that happens. There are games which is priced above $50 but is not everyone's favorite like Destiny, Yooka-Laylee, etc. There is however, sufficient of Indies that look fairly decent like recent titles of Chasm, Death's Gambit, La-Mulana 2, all under the tag of Metroidvania.

Do the games deserve a look, certainly especially if you are a Metroidvania fan. Are they fun? Most of the mechanics look the same just different art. Aren't you tired of looking at Pixel Art and the games flagging "Retro"? Probably yes, and my definition for Retro games, apart from an older edition of the games, its the gameplay that should be Retro, not the art. Pixel Art is just overused at this point.

So, I feel there's still plenty of headways before they hit rock bottom. Especially with the number of games generated daily. Alot of nice indies are just piled below them that is actually interesting looking. Cheers, Cruse~

5 years ago

Titan Quest has never fallen lower than 50%

Back in the day it was a "worthless bundle game" xD
The new DLC indeed hasn't been given out cheaply before.

5 years ago

Was the worthless Titan Quest the Standard Edition or the Anniversary Edition? By the time I notice the game, its already an Anniversary Edition release.

I was talking with a few others that the Current Monthly or 3:1 exchange. For Tomb Raider, I am guessing the Season pass might be included in the reveal if you chose TR. It makes sense and it also balance out the value. I got the idea from Titan Quest DLC. Were DLCs packed in Monthlies before? Cheers, Cruse~

5 years ago

less than one hour my dudes

5 years ago

Where's my Thumper? :(

5 years ago

I know right? :(

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

228$, looks like another bundled monthly, no?
not interested in any of new unlocks :o

5 years ago

Early Unlocked:
A Hat in Time
The Escapist 2
Conan Exiles

Newly Unlocked:
The Surge
Sudden Strike 4
Kona
Forged Battalion
Pathologic Classic HD
Humble Original: Woten

5 years ago

Pathologic Classic HD ?
Rebundled third or fourth time.

5 years ago

How so? I am only aware of one bundle, The Forgotten God GameBundle (you have the ITAD link there).
Can you point me to the other 2 / 3?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

I'm happy with this one. Almost bought it on sale recently so now I don't have to try to decide next time it goes on sale :)

5 years ago

Kona + The Surge + Hat in Time = worth it for me

5 years ago

Wow, this bundle is really hot

5 years ago

HOLY FUCK

5 years ago

wasted my moneys...

5 years ago

Not bad, not bad at all! I shouldn't have bought The Surge few months ago though!

5 years ago

I think this is first time when I'll keep every game from humble monthly for myself :O Really good and defo staying subbed for Tales and Sniper Elite 4 :3

5 years ago

pretty good bundle in my opinion,glad for new unlocks.

5 years ago

Pathologic and Kona are on my wishlist, really nice. I'm going to try to trade the rest for Tales Of Berseria.

5 years ago

It sounds funny if you say "I like Kona" in Portuguese. :-)

5 years ago

Not too bad, but I don't really care about Sudden Strike 4, Kona and Forged Battalion,
The Surge is pretty nice and I always wanted to try Pathologic.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Hey, not bad. The Surge is a good DS clone, and Kona is just my type of game.

I'm pretty happy with this month.

5 years ago

I'm pretty satisfied, from early unlocks only Conan didn't intrest me, from today reveals there are two games I've had wishlisted (Surge and Kona), and as for 3 remqaining didn't hear about them, but as I love RTSes and RPGs surely will give them a try ^^

5 years ago

Holy fuck. These are... Really good games. Many of them at least. None I want to play (besides Hat) but I'm happy with the quality!

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

At least Monthly was good! Like, really good!

5 years ago

fuck you HB - why the heck you haven't revelead The Surge and Sudden Strike 4 together with A hat in time ?

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.