Purchase the AUGUST 2018 Monthly Bundle!

A curated bundle of games sent to your inbox every month. When you subscribe, you'll immediately receive A Hat in Time, The Escapists 2, and Conan Exiles with more to come and enjoy 10% off in the Humble Store!

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

Subscribe before the FIRST FRIDAY OF AUGUST(3rd AUGUST) for $12* to receive the AUGUST bundle

• Note: If you are a recurring subscriber, you will be AUTOCHARGED ON JULY 27th, 2018
  • Share your Humble Store discount with a friend!: When you share your discount, you and your friend will receive 10% off Humble Store purchases.

Also, it's too late to buy the July Monthly Bundle. You will therefore NOT receive that bundle by purchasing this one!

Notice: ⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

The Escapists 2

Sudden Strike 4

Sudden Strike 4 locks warning from HB

Forged Battalion

Forged Battalion region locks warning from HB

The Surge (SteamDB), Pathologic Classic HD (SteamDB), Kona (SteamDB) are all ROW keys. (confirmed)

Important! If you try to cancel the subscription and don't go through with the cancellation, you will get a $3 discount for your next monthly. source

If anyone tries this, please confirm.

Pay early and get: A Hat in Time, The Escapists 2, and Conan Exiles

Game Ratings Cards Achievements Bundled Retail Price
A Hat in Time 98% of 6816 reviews 🏆 0 $29.99
The Escapists 2 79% of 4214 reviews 🏆 0 $19.99
Conan Exiles 67% of 20015 reviews 🏆 0 $39.99
The Surge 73% of 2537 reviews 🏆 0 $39.99
Sudden Strike 4 72% of 2002 reviews 🏆 0 $49.99
Kona 84% of 1021 reviews - 🏆 0 $14.99
Forged Battalion 82% of 416 reviews - - 0 $19.99
Pathologic Classic HD 85% of 678 reviews 🏆 1 $12.99
  • 10% store discount

Retail:

• $227.92

CV:

• 34.19 (?)

Humble original: Woten

"Somewhere on this island sits the legendary Tree of Life, upon whose mighty branches grows a golden fruit of AWESOME power!"
Woten is a short and sweet 2D puzzle-platformer infused with the spirit of discovery! Jump, climb and headbutt your way through a strange and puzzling landscape. You'll need to observe, predict and manipulate the behaviour of a menagerie of cute and curious creatures if you hope to carve a path across the island. Can you unearth the secrets of the mysterious Fossil Range?

Note about referrals:

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
You can disable referral links from your settings panel:
https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/referrals

Read Rachel's detailed Q+A to these Humble Monthlies! Also, read HB's FAQ!

Are you interested in knowing other ongoing bundles? Feel free to check out the new master thread!

NB: SUBSCRIBE BEFORE 10 AM PDT, 3rd AUGUST!

Thanks to luckz for the poll!

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

This is the expensive subscription train, and you need a golden ticket to ride. Got one?

View Results
It's that time of the month again - I just stay subscribed, and some day my games will unlock. Yawn.
I'm buying a ticket for the Monthly train, and the Humble Conductor shall offer me a nice ride. Choo-choo!
The floppy genitals in Conan Exiles are a truly revolting sight. I'm pausing, and they better find something better next month.
I might be a Bundle Tycoon, but these unlocks aren't enough to make me buy in.
I'm on the fence (they have fences so people don't get run over by trains!), perhaps further unlocks will appear to make my decision easier.
I already rode on the initially revealed tracks, aren't these supposed to be exclusive & unbundled?
Didn't buy before launch, now it's August and I'm filled with regret.
After the bundle with Elder Scrolls Online, I subscribed to that instead of the Monthly. Not in the market for even more games.

Fantastc Bundle

5 years ago

Nice. I had The Surge in my wishlist for a long time. 😃

5 years ago

Personally not a fan of military and/or shooter games per se, damn. Also accidentally wasted points in some GEas before realizing the monthly was up haha. Damn again.

One of them is early access too? Not sure how I feel about EA games in monthlies XD

5 years ago

accidentally wasted points in some GEas before realizing the monthly was up haha. Damn again.

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/entered is where to reclaim your points (this is how 'point banking' works, for the record)

5 years ago

No the problem is the GAs ended just before I realized today was monthly day and found this topic, so I wasted some points that definitely won't come back haha.

5 years ago

Anyone else having problems redeeming the keys? I got 'invalid product code' on all four that I tried. Don't know if it's steam or not. Not so keen to approach humble about it as they seem to think giving away games on this site makes someone a trader who doesn't deserve help.

5 years ago

Send a ticket in, humble is really quick to respond.

5 years ago

Check your steam library. I had the same problem when I tried to redeem The Surge. I got "Invalid product code", but I checked my library and it shows I own the game.

5 years ago

5 years ago

Nope.. none of them are there.

5 years ago

oh no 😔. I guess it's time to contact HB support. Best of luck 🤞

5 years ago

I had a problem 4 hours ago too, that couldn't redeem any key, got the "failed redeem, try again later" error. Later could activate the keys.

5 years ago

Yeah I tried again later and they worked. But the weird thing was the keys were saying 'invalid key', so it's weird they then worked later. Maybe there was a delay in them getting activated on the steam servers.

5 years ago

Yeah, I forgot to say that I had the Invalid key error, and bought Forged Battalion and Sudden Strike 4 from G2A, so I felt fucked. Tried it on my brothers account on his pc and both worked. 4 hours later tried in my account the keys from HB and all activated without any problem.

5 years ago

Nope, other unlocks don't interest me at all. Redeemed them for the sake of a +1 to game count.

5 years ago

If you are only after +1s it seems like a waste to me. You could have traded those with people who want them and are willing to give you 2-10 times more cheap games in exchange (depending on the game)

5 years ago

Very nice bundle! Two WL games and the rest was sold in minutes. Never seen 2 nice games in one bundle, I am very happy.

5 years ago

the rest was sold in minutes.

On your Group Buys thread, we should clarify, not grey market website XYZ

5 years ago

It's a Steam group called group buys. Very handy.
I don't think I am allowed the give you the link to it here but you can easily find it on Steam.

5 years ago*

Well that was disappointing...
Already had Surge. The rest is trash to me. At least the unlocks were worth it. Meh

5 years ago

greatest monthly so far

5 years ago

I didn't end up keeping any this month, but got some decent trades from it so far (South Park: Stick of Truth, Anarcute, Meow Motors, Pizza Titan Ultra), and still have three games left to trade or give away.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

I played Kona just after it came out of Early Access. It's pretty good. I haven't played The Long Dark yet, but I doubt it's similar. Kona's story is more along the line of Twin Peaks without the huge cast of characters.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

So the reveal is in... and 4 of the games were on my wishlist - super pleased with what this latest bundle included.

5 years ago

I got a good trade out of this one, so I'm not complaining. But the bundle itself didn't have anything that interested me despite it being much better than the last couple of months.

5 years ago

Pathologic Classic HD and Kona were on my wishlist

5 years ago

nice bundle this time.

5 years ago

Whoa, there's not even a single game that I would like to win or get for free in this bundle. In fact, I probably would refuse even if they paid me the bundle price to taken them. Next month doesn't look any better.

5 years ago*

Dang that bundle was ridiculous! So many good games, best bundle in a very very long time.

5 years ago

Never heard of Kona, but it looks like it's right up my alley, so I'm keeping that one. Pathologic's interesting enough that I'll try it out too. The rest are whiffs, but I'm guessing I can trade the three of them for some other monthly games I missed and wanted. I was able to trade the other two early reveals for some I regretted missing, hoping it'll be the same here. Good deal for me overall with the trades and games I wanted. =)

5 years ago

Got to say... after months of meh this one is really, really good!

5 years ago

HELLO SHAKTI, Please Update in the OP

It seems FORGED BATTALION IS HEAVILY region locked

Check here

EDIT - Sudden Strike 4 Region Warning here

5 years ago*

well thanks for this info updated my giveaway of all the damn thing. i think i see why it took me so long to even try monthly. they trying to keep everything locked up

5 years ago

Forged Battalion is another Team17 game so the region locks should be identical to Escapists 2.

5 years ago

Second month in a row i can't afford to waste money and there is a game i really want.. Grrr :P Hopefully i can still catch them next month from trading.

5 years ago

I am stopping by here to say: if you got this bundle, give Pathologic a chance. It is a slow burn, but it is absolutely phenomenal. There's a great 3 part piece on Rock Paper Shotgun about it if you have never heard of the game and want some idea what the deal is with it.

5 years ago

I am not a horror fan, I am thinking of giving it away. After seeing your post, I have 2nd thoughts. Good Shepherd Entertainment seems to be a good Indie publisher too. How would you describe and convince someone whom isn't a horror fan to try it?
Regards and Cheers, Cruse~

5 years ago

It isn't a horror game, but it is very... dark. You are in a small down, and a devastating, perhaps supernatural plague strikes. It is the most oppressive atmosphere I have ever experienced in a game. The world building and writing is some of the best I have ever encountered. The plot is fantastic. It has this distinctly Russian feel to it that is hard to put into words, but you realize that this is not your normal type of game after you've spent some time with it. The mechanics will leave you stressed and anxious, as you scavenge in the garbage to find needles to barter for ammo and bandages. You will die when you are trying to sleep because you forgot to eat before bed and you were already at 95% hunger and you starved to death. But that is a huge part of the genius of this game. A game about a plague devastating an isolated town can't be immersive if you don't feel that you are bound to be consumed by it. I'm glad I got your attention, but I will now say: I am sure that this game isn't for everyone. You have to be extremely diligent about your saves (as in, multiple hard saves throughout an in game day, and extremely frequent quick saves, because things can and will go very wrong for you in seconds). The combat sucks. Things are extremely bleak throughout. But, if anything I have said sparks some interest for you, this may be a game for you, and you may find that you fall in love with it. If this all sounds awful, well, then you are probably right to avoid it and I can't say I'd blame you at all.

5 years ago

After reading your comment, I understand what you mean. I have also watched the trailers on Steam for the Classic HD and the upcoming Pathologic 2. It appears to be more of an Atmospheric Cult Survival. I play Don't Starve so I am used to a hard survival learning curve. I can understand the game isn't for everyone due to various reasons. Although the game is plot heavy, not many gamers now go for plots and heavy reading games.

Graphics wise, it looks similar to the 1st Mount and Blade. This might be an issue for me. I can't get pass M&B after playing for a few hours without getting motion sickness. Due to the Old 3D models. Its because of the visual perspective.

It is indeed looking to be a very atmospheric game. Reminds me of Betrayer that I had played. A very immersive cult universe. I kind of want to compare it to We Happy Few both being wonky and in their own universe. In that sense I choose We Happy Few.

The gameplay which after looking at Path 2 seems similar to 7 Days to Die without the crafting and building mechanic which I do not know if it exists in the game. I am a "Save-Scummer" if it helps to save, I will. hahaha

I'll be frank with you, I am more interested in Path 2 as it looks graphically more pleasing. I am not one of those who chases after graphics over plot but it will not give me motion sickness which is a huge pain the head. I will get headache, some times nauseous and it takes hours to recover. I play survival games so I can dig that genre, atmosphere wise I think I can learn to adapt to it. Plot wise if it gets too much heavy reading i might avoid it. As I compared with My Happy Few earlier, I would prefer a brighter universe. Its not a Horror game, I will keep it in my Humble inventory but it has a low priority of play.

I generally avoid horror games as I do not enjoy jump scares and blasting of noises. I have watched enough horror movies, real life jump scares from my siblings, roaches. You indeed made some interesting points and if graphically had it been a better model, it would be a higher priority of play. Its in category of "Interesting games to try". Thank you for your recommendation and feel free to do the same in future to catch the eye of individuals like myself.

Best Regards + Cheers,
:) Cruse~

5 years ago

Thanks for both of your comments. When I saw "Horror" and "Survival" tags I instantly thought I'll trade it away, but now I see I should do a bit more investigation before deciding what to do with it ;)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Path 2 looks interesting indeed. If there's a major plot behind it, I consider it similar to We happy Few. Gameplay mechanics wise though looks interesting especially the autopsy on the bodies. Still needs to see more gameplay though it looks dull on variation. Cheers, Cruse~

5 years ago

so any specific reasoning as to why all the games from this Monthly are this quickly marked as 'reduced value' in the list? as opposed to last month's ones - 5 out of 8? this time around it's 8/ 8. . .apparently I missed a memo with that particular bit of info explaining the demotion of monthlies into junk bundles category.

5 years ago

I read somewhere that it is because the overall value is over $210, there is a calculation formula but I think someone else have the better answer. I'll just give you a heads up since I was replying in this topic, Cheers~

5 years ago

tnx for clearing that up. peace!

5 years ago

Too high base value. Cheapest price for a Monthly is USD 10.80, so any pack around the ~205 USD full value range will almost surely put the entire pack on the reduced value/bundled game list.
Then again, faming CV with the HB Monthly was only a profitable business like a year ago. Nowadays, in the age of GoGoBundle, its CV/dollar ratio is nothing spectacular.

5 years ago

Damn, missed bundle regret for the first time in a while. This was certainly an improvement on recent months.

Oh well, probably better off without adding to my backlog!

5 years ago

Bundle full of wishlisted games, very happy that I did get it this time.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.