Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Shape of Water (2017)

Thanks to BHTrellis188's recommendation I watched this today.

Positively surprised by how good it is. It's so much more than "the fish sex movie". Great take on the Gill-Man. Interesting characters. Stunning performances. I see why it got nominated for Best Picture. (still would've preferred if it didn't actually win, I mean it was good but not Best Picture good. and with all the other great movies that were nominated...)

4 years ago*

Caged Heat (1974) Jonathan Demme's first first outing is a tongue in cheek women in prison exploitation flic, where inmates get to wear their own clothes (or not wear them), forced farm labor is called "agricultural therapy", and the prison doctor enjoys experimental psyhcosurgery. But the characters are memorable and engaging and the story is a lot of fun. A nice surprise.

Stunts (1977) Just okay 70s drive-in fare about murders on a movie set, elevated by a solid cast who would go on to bigger things, including Robert Forster (RIP).

Terminator: Dark Fate Serviceable entertainment with some solid action sequences and a few that challenged credibility and the laws of physics. Best for me, Mackenzie Davis (who seemed to be channeling Princess Buttercup) and Arnie. Overall a bit meh and a little too PC for my tastes.

4 years ago

The King.

Great cast, good direction (Michod also works with "his buddies", Edgerton even co writes it and Brad Pitt is one of the producers).

However, everything is "Pro England", Pattinson's acting is very... eccentric, he does a good job, but I can't see an actual prince behaving like that during war negotiations (only 2 scenes and they feel like comic interruptions). Everything seems to be done to praise Chamelet's character (the next Paul Atraides, by the way).

Good movie, nevertheless.

4 years ago

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Great horror classic! Still chilling after all those years. Very good performances, interesting story, good gore.

4 years ago

Just watched Hobbs and Shaw.
It was actually really good. I love their chemistry on screen. And it as funny as hell.

All in all, a good 8/10.

4 years ago

Zombieland (2009)

Rewatched it yesterday because I'm gonna see Zombieland 2 at the cinema tomorrow. Still a very entertaining movie. Can't wait for the second one.

4 years ago

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Continuing with the series after I watched Night of the Living Dead (1968) two days ago.

Another zombie movie classic. Makeup and blood effects are a bit lame, but the story is still very gripping. Good cast, nice gore. Lots of memorable scenes. Not as good as the first one imo, but still a strong movie.

4 years ago

+1. I LOVE the Romero classics. I do have to admit that the Zack Snyder remake from 2004 was pretty good too. As long as you watch the directors cut. You can actually SEE where scenes were missing in the standard version.

4 years ago

Just got home from watching Jojo Rabbit. Wow. The trailers made it out to be a lit funnier than it was... But that isn't always a bad thing. The entire movie was EXCELLENT! Scarlett Johansen did a great job as Jojo's mom and Taika Waititi was as funny as usual, when needed, as Jojo's imaginary friend Adolf.

EASILY a 9/10

4 years ago

Zombieland: Double Tap (2019)

Very good sequel. Easily as fun and entertaining as the first one. Expands on some old ideas like the rules or Zombie Kill of the Week/Year and brings in fresh ones too like the different kinds of zombies and the pacifist community. If you liked the first one you'll like this one. I recommend you watch them back to back. I'd do that too if I had the chance.

4 years ago

Day of the Dead (1985)

I really enjoyed this one! Way better make up and blood effects than Dawn of the Dead (1978) and the gore factor also got turned up quite a bit. Great cast and a very interesting story with the "teaching a zombie how to behave" kinda stuff.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Detective Pikachu and Adams Family (new CGI one).

4 years ago

Good Boys (2019) Solid movie for some good laughs but the story was kinda meh.

4 years ago

Land of the Dead (2005)

A logical step-up in the zombie evolution intelligence-wise. Great cast, just not THAT great of a story. The gore is on a level with the previous movie of this series, there's just a bit more of it.
I like it, it's surprisingly much better than I feared it would be.

4 years ago

I loved that one. For some odd reason, it made me actually feel bad for the zombies this time. All they want, besides to eat, was to be left alone. So they finally took the offensive retaliation.

Also, now you need to see Diary of the Dead. It was REALLY good. One of those Cloverfield kind of movies where the whole thing is being filmed by the main character as they go but it worked VERY well.

You can actually stay away from the follow up movie Survival of the Dead, though.

4 years ago

Planned on watching all 6 anyways, so right now I'm in the middle of watching Diary of the Dead and tomorrow or friday it's gonna be Survival of the Dead.

4 years ago

Since you are on a zombie kick, allow me to recommend two others.
Cockneys vs Zombies. One of my favorite horror/comedy mashups of the kind. Alan Ford is awesome in that.
Zombie. The Lucio Fulci classic that was inspired by remero and actually had a cameo with Romero's own daughter in it.

4 years ago

The Dead Don`t Die: Worst movie i ever saw... horrible acting, horrible jokes and the dialoges... omg, i was so annoyed after watching the movie.

4 years ago

Ralph breaks the internet

4 years ago

The White Dragon. Was going through my dvd's and forgot I had this. Re-watched it and has a great laugh. I forgot how great this movie is in both a martial arts and a humor standpoint. Now I remember why I HAD to track this down. It was before Amazon started selling more than just books, if I remember right,

4 years ago

Joker (2019)
I think enough has been said about this movie already. The script is a little on the simple side, but Joaquin Phoenix' performance alone elevates this movie immensely. Probably the best movie I've seen all year.
9/10

4 years ago

Just rewatched Avatar (2009)

4 years ago

Diary of the Dead (2007)

Not a great movie but also not really bad. It's good for what it is. Slow start, but it gets more interesting later. Positively surprised, though. I thought it would be a lot worse.

4 years ago

Dia de Muertos

Superboring cartoon. What a waste of money. Even my son was bored.

4 years ago

Men in Black: International - Going in with lowered expectations, this was a lot more entertaining than I expected, and though it gets off to a rough start - too many boxes being checked - it gets better as it goes along. No doubt, much of that was down to the charisma of the 2 leads.

Ashik Kerib - A weird, surreal and often beautiful trip through Azerbaijani culture and folklore by one of the Soviet Union's great directors (though they locked him up for his trouble).

4 years ago*

Finally got to watch Goodfellas. It amazes me how Scorsese keeps making really long movies feel like it wasn't that long at all. Insanely entertaining and a classic for a reason.

4 years ago

Watched Joker yesterday. Not a fan of how they portrayed Thomas Wayne as a rich asshole.
Other than that, really enjoyed it.

4 years ago

Overlord.
A Wolfenstein story in everything but title and that it's not in terminator mode, rather commando. Horror starts with WW2 and being behind enemy lines. While not a perfect one obviously, it was super enjoyable for me :)

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.