Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Survival of the Dead (2009)

Worse than the one before. Not much of a story. Cheap zombie flick compared to the others of the series. But I guess I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I watched it anyways. At least it's not very boring.

4 years ago

Spiderman Far From Home.

Far from good I'd also say. Wasn't bad but wasn't good either. They could have done better for the final movie in phase 1.
Easily a 3/10.

4 years ago

Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949)

Excellent black comedy with a captivating story and a great cast (especially Alec Guinness who played 8 different characters!).

Didn't like the repeated use of the n-word near the end of the movie, though.

4 years ago

Hale County This Morning, This Evening (2018)

Very well made documentary, just not really my cup of tea.

4 years ago

Animal Behaviour (2018)

Nice animation style, interesting story. Not great as a standalone short film, but would be a nice pilot for a show about these characters.

4 years ago

Just rewatched Taking Chance. Wow. I forgot just how powerful and moving that was. An amazing performance by Kevin Bacon.
Everyone should watch that at least once.

Makes me want to extend a world wide thank you to all those that have served.

Funny how I never realized that Emily Wickersham (best known as Bishop in NCIS these days) was the sister until today.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Ford v Ferrari (2019)

Watched this masterpiece yesterday evening at the cinema. It's incredible. Might very well be THE best car movie of all time. Highly recommended!

4 years ago

The Haunted Curiosity Shop (1901)
Pretty good special effects for the time.

Faust et Méphistophélès (1903)
Not the greatest adaptation of the source material.

The Hasher's Delirium (1910)
Fun early animated film.

The Infernal Cauldron (1903)
Great special effects for its time.

After the Ball (1897)
Okay. First adult film ever.

Electrocuting an Elephant (1903)
The infamous publicity stunt by Thomas Edison. Fuck that guy.

Carmencita (1894)
Nice. Good dancing.

4 years ago

For the greatest adaptation of the source material, I'd recommend https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0016847/reference.

4 years ago

Already planned on watching this one, but thanks anyway. :)

4 years ago

Raising Arizona (1987)

Good Nic Cage movie. Interesting story, good cast. Maybe a bit too short.

4 years ago*

Ford v Ferrari (2019)

Went to the cinema again yesterday afternoon to watch it with my dad because when I told him how good it was he wanted to see it too. Still amazing. Maybe my favourite movie of 2019 right now. Again, definitely go watch it!

4 years ago

The Thing from Another World (1951)

Good sci-fi horror classic. Obviously not as great as the 1982 version (John Carpenter's The Thing is my favourite horror movie of all time) but still enjoyable nonetheless.

4 years ago

Yesterday (2019)

Very good movie. Great soundtrack, interesting story, good cast. And the scene where HUGE SPOILER, DON'T CONTINUE TO THE SECOND HIDDEN PANEL he meets John Lennon is truly special.

4 years ago

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

Didn't know that I needed more Breaking Bad after the fantastic finale, but this is a very good epilogue. Obviously this "movie" only works, if you have watched the show before, and to completion at that. Aaron Paul is purely amazing in this.
As a movie on its own I'd give it a 9/10
As an extended BB episode, this is one of the best.

10/10

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Turbo Kid (2015)

Very entertaining post-apocalytpic adventure, great soundtrack, lots of (very campy) gore. It's like Mad Max on bicycles. Great way to kill 1.5 hours.

4 years ago

I don't watch movies. They're always way too long. I prefer shows.

4 years ago

Good on you, prefering a 10 hour show over a 2 hour movie because movies are too long. ;P
But to each their own, I guess.

4 years ago

Kuroneko - visually stunning rape/revenge ghost story that is a clear follow up on Onibaba.

Two Evil Eyes - A duo of horror films (orginally intended as a quartet but Carpenter and Craven bowed out) by George Romero and Dario Argento and based on EA Poe's "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar" and "The Black Cat", respectively. The first is workmanlike and entertaining enough, but the second is quite good and very dark.

4 years ago

Yesterday night : Pusher (1995). Tonight I'll watch Pusher 2.

I recently discovered Nicolas Winding Refn because of Death Stranding and Too Old To Die Young and I want to see more of his movies. Bonus points for movies with Mads Mikkelsen in them.

4 years ago

Watch Drive (2011) and The Neon Demon (2016).

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Arctic was a piece of art. Loved it and agree with you

Escape room was a bit of a disappointment to me. Was waiting for it.. but they kind of botched it. Acting felt mediocre and story as well.. I gave it 6/10.. I may watch it again, but I nothing memorable..

And thanks for bringing up Childs Play, had missed this movie. April Ludgate fighting a chucky. What can be better :D Time to watch it, hope I'll like it

4 years ago

Went to see Doctor Sleep and loved it. Its pretty dark and production value is really high. Quality is spectacular. Cast is great as well and all in all it took me by surprise.
I watched The Shining for another time as well to recall what happened there. As a side note - I was wondering whether I liked it because it is considered a great classic or because I genuinely liked it. I came to conclusion that I would love to see it another time and realize that I actually like it. But now I see why Stephen King himself didnt like it. While its mysterious and scary, it really doesnt do justice for the hotel. I never really saw the hotel in such a light as it was shown in Doctor Sleep (I havent read the books so didnt know whats the setting)

To recap - beginning felt scrambled. Like a drunk trying to get up. He cant really do it but slowly he does it. Once the movie gets into its grove its awesome.

4 years ago

You REALLY need to read the books!

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Alphaville (1965)

It's definitely a pretty good movie. Just not great. That said, I did like it a bit more than Breathless.

4 years ago*

Freaks (1932)

Very good movie, great cast (a lot of the performers played themselves). It's a very thought provoking drama, not a horror movie like you might've heard. I think it only got categorized as a horror movie because a big part of the cast actually had bodily disabilities and those would have been very shocking at the time. Maybe also because of scenes that have been cut from the original and are now lost like this is not really a spoiler because it doesn't appear in the existing version of the movie but I'll put a spoiler tag on it anyways
when they are castrating and mutilating Hercules.

This thing I've read somewhere else really does capture my thoughts about this movie well:

Watch it, it will change you and the way you look at others, especially those less fortunate than yourself. Very moving. If you get a chance to watch it don't hesitate as it really is a fascinating piece of 30s cinema. It is shocking and reminds us of the days when these poor souls could only get an income from being paraded across the state fairs of the USA in the early part of the 20th century.

4 years ago*

Great film. that confrontation scene gets a little distasteful, but it returns with a very humane ending

4 years ago

Inherent Vice (2014)

What a movie! Great complex (but not too hard to follow) story, brilliant cast, fantastic cinematography, long runtime but any shorter wouldn't really have worked imo. Joaquin Phoenix is an excellent actor.

4 years ago

Taxi! (1932)

Very good Cagney flick. Not his best, but still very enjoyable. Good story, good cast.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.