SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Well, I just wanted to check requirements for a train but sgtools is saying that I am flagged for not having activated some wins or my profile is private, none of it is true. So I wonder where is the problem. I activated all my wins and my profile is not private and was not private at the time when I was trying to do it.

7 years ago

Try to sync SGtools and wait for 20 minutes.

7 years ago

Worked, thanks. I was just surprised that it suddenly happened without me changing anything.

7 years ago

Most probable cause: Something went with SGT syncing to Steam, so a game was flaged "not activated".

7 years ago

20 minutes cache is only for displaying rule breakers.
Sync ignores cached data and refreshes it at the moment for giveaways purposes (1 day cache).

Both caches are independent :)

7 years ago

Hello! What type of hash you used for url?

7 years ago

7 years ago

Thanks

7 years ago

Not sure if someone already reported that, but when im on my phone and I try to press the Check requirement button it doesnt work, using iOS system and last Google Chrome update.
If you need more info ferl free to tell me.

7 years ago

When that happen, does any of the other javascript powered things work? Like the top menu for example (dropdown functionality, not the links itself).

7 years ago

Just tried and no, the dropdown menu doesnt work...

7 years ago

Can you try now? It should be fixed

7 years ago

Now it works, wow thanks a lot for have fixed that problem so fast! ^^

7 years ago

I was just trying to enter a giveaway but SGtools is erroneously claiming that I either have unactivated wins or that my profile is private, neither of which is correct

edit: okay, so wait 20 minutes and try again then? never had this happen before

7 years ago*

Same on my account. From half of hour.

7 years ago

Not sure if it made a difference but I manually synced on SGtools (under the 'Home' menu') and got it to work now. Never had to do that before though.

7 years ago

Works after resync.

GA: "Ended 5 minutes ago"
lol

7 years ago

And that is why I didn't want to implement a second cache, a lot of you mix them both.

Giveaways doesn't care about the 20 minutes cache, any problem that you have with giveaways it can be solved with a sync (if steam is up again).

There are two diferent caches:

• 24 hour long giveaway cache: Used to check giveaway's filters, can be updated with a manual sync
  • 20 minutes rule checker cache: Only on /nonactivated/ and /multiple/ pages, cannot be updated manually.
7 years ago*

Seems there is a bug in the wagon entry system, that resulted in my list of games I can check invalid entries for, showing a game I didn't create, instead of the one I did. What seems to have happened, is that someone else at one time or another put in a giveaway into sgtools, such that the 5 character unique GA identifier, when you ignore its case, collided with mine. For obvious reasons, due to my GA still ongoing, I won't be posting the unique identifier, as that would leak an entry point into my on-going active train.

However, it is something along the lines of my giveaway:

the colliding when case is ignored giveaway, https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/BcDeF/crow```

As a result, I am NOT able to check if all my entries are valid in my giveaway, because it is checking the wrong giveaway.

The unique identifiers are in fact case sensitive.   The GA train in question where this happened is http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/5943adf1-f234-11e6-96a2-fa163ee2f826
7 years ago

Interesting, that shouldn't happen as giveaway id's are case sensitive. I'll look at it to see where and why did a foreign wagon got added to your train.

Thanks for the interesting report!

7 years ago

This was the exact block of giveaways pasted when I created the SGTools Gate. (IDs changed for obvious reasons.)

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xxxx2/wormhole-city
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xxxx3/acro-storm
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xxxx4/blaite
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xxxx5/fearful-symmetry
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xxxx6/orbox-c
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xxxx7/klocki
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xxxx8/spirits-of-xanadu
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xxxx9/the-spirit-underneath
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xxxxa/mistwood-heroes
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xxxxb/dungeon-escape```

It definitely is strange that the xxxx7/klocki got replaced with Xxxx7/crow, that I didn't catch right away.  That definitely never should have happened.
7 years ago

It's fixed now, it was the db collation that was case insensitive.

Thanks for the report!

7 years ago

So long story short a long time ago I won a game in a mass developer giveaway and neglected to activate it. I still have the key and it is technically still valid (unused). However since I won the game the developer has removed the game from steam. This means that I cannot redeem the game and therefore unable to pass the 'Has activated all won games' criteria. Is there anything that can be done about this or am I doomed to never be able to enter giveaways cover by sgtools?

7 years ago

It's quite unusual for steam to invalidate the game keys already generated for a game even if they remove it from store.

Did you try activating it?

7 years ago

When I tried before I thought it gave me a generic error. However on reattempt it is telling me that someone else redeemed the giveaway. I am fairly sure that I didn't give the code to anyone (despite an attempt to regift, the giveaway was deleted, I know this is against the rules but I was young and foolish and have served my time for it. The code should still be valid). What I think is most likely to have happened is that given the extensive amount of time the key was valid for, someone with some sort of key cracking software grabbed it. Unfortunately I don't think this is valid reason for any exceptions to be added to my account so I won't complain about it.
Thank you for your time.
Edit: Just in case you were interested the game was Sins of a Dark Age

7 years ago

You can try to trade for it, check here

7 years ago

not saying it's what happened here, but saying it's not impossible and may happen in the future as well as happened in the past - if Valve remove the game because it was used to market exploitation (like it happened with Digital Homicide Games who generated millions of keys for their games before they got removred from Steam) they may have make unused keys invalid so they can no longer be used to farm cards. At least that's what was happening at the beggining with DH keys, now they just make cards unmarketable, yet still it is something that can happen.

7 years ago

Bump for awesome SGTools! :3

7 years ago

Hi,

In sgtools, I always get this error message : "Your public real CV is too low : 74,4"
But when I check my CV on https://www.sgtools.info/sent/ then I get 92.35 in which 86.65 is public.
So I believe I should be at 86.65 and not 74.4 or am I missing something ?

For info, I checked yesterday and again today, same value whereas my contributor level raised a bit in steamgift...is this normal ?

EDIT : I just saw there is a force synchronization....I thought it parsed automatically the profiles at each check but it does not apparently !

7 years ago

🆙

7 years ago

As a small improved variation on this suggestion, how about just adding a simple parameter wishlisted and making it check that the date is earlier than GA creation? I don't think any GA creator would want to allow people to enter a GA by adding a game to their wishlist after the fact, so it should be sufficient for almost all cases (and would be much simpler than the current syntax).

7 years ago

It's a nice shortcut, but I'd like another name. Whitelisted alone seems like it only checks that, to be whitelisted.
The old proposed one was way too long.

7 years ago

prewhitelisted
prewhite
prewl

if i even understand you correctly anyways, a cple parameter examples.

7 years ago

It's about the Steam wishlist, not the whitelist :-)

7 years ago

oops, i meant prewish/prewishlisted etc. ^^

7 years ago

How about already_wishlisted? I think it's self explanatory that this means "already had the game wishlisted before the giveaway was created".

Also note that it's about the Steam wishlist, not whitelist. I frequently mix between those too.

7 years ago

I'll add it to todo list, since I'm really busy lately and it can be done already with the other command.

7 years ago

Thank you! :-)

7 years ago

Three new customers, of which two are from probably the usual forum. Also, I'd swear I have already met at least one of them on the non-legit entry list.
bcc8d2fa-f137-11e6-96a2-fa163ee2f826
cdf6ef1b-f137-11e6-96a2-fa163ee2f826

7 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

Yeah two of them are usual suspects, already striked out of the system for having too many infractions.

7 years ago

VAC Bans stop appearing on public profiles after 3,000 days. The ban is still tied that account, though. If the VAC ban doesn't appear on the profile page can people pass that rule?

7 years ago

I use the api to get the VAC Bans, so I assume they'll show there even after 3000 days. If you have an example user just tell me on an old giveaway or mine or add me to steam, so I can check.

7 years ago

I just read about this the other day, and I assume it will only start to get more and more common. I don't use SGtools, I just wanted to contribute :D

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

7 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks!

7 years ago

Not sure if it is proper to post here, but I cannot figure out why I cannot pass the rule below (my numbers are 416 sent/182 won=2.3):

Minimum ratio using number of gifts Sent/Won on Steamgifts: 1 (It says my value is '0')

7 years ago

CG changed some things, I have to change the parser.

Edit: Solved, do a synchronization

7 years ago*

Thank you!! It worked now :)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Rule is not well constructed, well technically it is but I don't think is what you expect to be.

You are trying to apply a modulo of 0 (because modulos work with integers) and that of course causes an error.

If you want to use a division, please use "/"

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Modulus is calculated using euclidian division, and this requires two integers.
It's not a limitation on SGT, it's how it works.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Modulus is only calculated on integers per definition. What fmod does is a "remainder" operation, not a strict modulus :)

But I'm curious what are you trying to achieve there with that custom rule?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I won a giveaway for a game where the keys got revoked (Galaxy in eclipse), so it was impossible for me to redeem the key. So I am getting flagged for not activating gifts.

7 years ago

change it to not received and notify the creator that it was revoked. it's allowed to change feedback if the status of the gift changes.

7 years ago

Hello room :)
I have a question: I've just discovered today that I'm seen as "Not activated Gifts on" account. SG website shows me a giveway won : "Chicken Shoot Gold" and actually the gifter made a mistake, after activated the key I saw the game was Chicken Shoot 2, not the 'Gold'. Since the game looked to be insteresting and the game name looked similar, I've assumed this was a simple error on the name, then I marked the gift as received.
Now, what can I do to fix it in my SG status ?

Thank you :)

7 years ago

The giveaway creator most likely tried to game the system by gifting a free game under a similar name, to earn CV from it.
Or they could have made a genuine mistake, let's give them the benefit of the doubt...by the looks of it, you aren't their only "victim".
Mark as not received, then you can either:

• ask them for a key/gift for the advertised game, Chicken Shoot Gold;
  • or report them for a "misleading giveaway" - providing proof that you got a key for a different game than advertised.
7 years ago

Thank you for explanations :)
But since the GA is old and I accepted the key, my opinion is that is too late to fix it by this way and not fair... I think about another way: simply buy the Gold by myself, that will clear the situation...
Now, I will aware in the future :D

Thank you again for your time to explain it to me. :)

7 years ago

Mike already told you what to do with the winner.
In order to enter giveaways in Sgtools that requires you to activate all your wins, just sync you account to refresh the cache.

7 years ago

OK, thank you :)

7 years ago

Hello!
So, what i need to post here if I want an invalid entry?
is it this?
9e6ae9c2-f6db-11e6-96a2-fa163ee2f826

7 years ago

Yep, with the id is enough.

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

1a4a7ac5-eb04-11e6-a31e-fa163ee2f826

Has no valid main SGT gate entry but a stowaway in the Daydreamer, Demon Hearts, Enslaved, Fault Milestone, Gnomes, Infinitum, Payday 2, Pony Island, Rust, Sacred Lines Genesis Remix and The Guest cars.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Thank you and you're most welcome Knsys!

7 years ago

Two more customers:
29993c67-eab4-11e6-a31e-fa163ee2f826
501a609f-eab4-11e6-a31e-fa163ee2f826

7 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the reports!

7 years ago

I got a problem, rule checker says my profile is clean, but when I try to enter any giveaway it says that my account is flagged with unactivated wins, what could be the problem?

7 years ago

Sync with sgtools here: http://www.sgtools.info/sync

7 years ago

It actually worked, thanks a lot!

7 years ago*

Thankfully I didn't have to send any re-roll requests, but I had 3 people on my train that obtained the entry url by means other than by sgtools gate 4be6f06d-fd56-11e6-96a2-fa163ee2f826. The train in question was https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/wm2Dc/sgtools-all-aboard-the-friday-special-46-train-for-a-48-hour-ride

All 3 of them have been personally blacklisted by me. They were stowaways in most of the GAs in that train.

7 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

Could I make a suggestion for the unactivated wins page. How about showing a timestamp on the page. The use case for this, is say, a user prefers to keep their steam profile private. As a result, I ask support to review their history. Now, a timestamp could allow for me to ask the user to do a process where they make their steam profile public, check themselves out with sgtools non-activation, and post a screenshot, then they make their steam profile private once again.

Without the time stamp, how do I know they didn't use a screenshot that is one month, two months, one year, or even older, as their proof. At least with a timestamp, I can be 100% certain they did it at the time of being asked, and didn't prepare a screenshot for the eventual case of being asked.

7 years ago

support won't care what the screenshot timestamp says. they still have to verify anything from that page for themselves. the only time i can think of where a timestamp would matter is when a person is kicked from a group, support may need proof of the kick time. but nothing on the multi/nonactivate pages would ever need timestamp to verify. regardless if they failed the test 2mins ago or 2months ago, they manually have to check the library of the user.

edit: don't get me wrong though, that feature still could be useful for our own record keeping. i just mean it's useless for that specific reason though.

7 years ago*

What it would actually be useful for, is proving a pass, rather than a fail, with the pass being subject to pretty much the same rules that sgtools does when you use an sgtools gate that requires no non-activations. It is true that the timestamp won't be of much use to support, just that I would like to offer a faster way that bypasses support entirely, when they ARE able to pass, and it can be proven that the pass was 2 minutes ago, rather than 2 months ago.

7 years ago

what i mean is that support doesn't go off of those at all though, they check the library for themselves to see if games were activated or not. but yes, there are other good uses for it, certainly agree there. ^^

7 years ago

That user could change the profile to not private, synchronize with sgtools and then change it back to private.
This way he'd be able to pass giveaway restrictions having his profile set as not private only for a few seconds.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

Hi there! I have a bad entry:
40c8e13e-f06d-11e6-96a2-fa163ee2f826

7 years ago

7 years ago

My account got flagged because i won 2 a payday DLC 2 time, is that anything I can do to clear that, I'd be more than happy to giveaway that DLC. (I gave the second copy I won to my friend as soon as I realize i already own it :P)

7 years ago

You should check Yirg's thread about it.

7 years ago

ok, thanks!

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.