SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hi, for a few weeks now sgtools tell me i have inactivated games on my account, which are apparently DLC's not recognized by the steam api. Still, i can't join sgtools protected giveaways. Could somebody please advice how to get around this issue?

Have a great day folks.

7 years ago

I would say it's highly unlikely that his is happening to you "for weeks", since that only can happen when you synchronize and steam is api is down.

Every 24h the cache is invalidated and rechecked again if you try to enter a giveaway, that means everytime that happened to you, steam api was down. But don't worry, the solution is easy, go to Home-> Synchronize.

7 years ago

Hi there =)

SG Tools thinks that someone has bypassed the check to my giveaway: d025d8be-0fdb-11e7-940a-fa163ee2f826

While it's true, that I did not give away the direct link to the giveaway, I checked the user that's been listed as invalid entry and judging from his/her profile, I don't see any reason why this user would have to circumvent the SG Tools check. AFAICT, all requirements are met.

So would you please answer me the following questions:

1) Would this be the right place to report an infraction (if it is, is there any special information required, other than the SG Tools ID?)

2) Did the user really bypass the SG Tools check or is it just a false-positive?

Cheers =)

7 years ago

Hi :)

Most people that bypass the giveaways do that because they get the url from a friend and join right away, without thinking that breaking in a private giveaway that they are not invited in is a bad thing to do.
It's not the first case, not will be the last, that the user could just have passed the SGTools requirements of a giveaway, but instead just enters the giveaway with a leaked url.

There is no way to get a false positive out of the invalid lists, so yes he bypassed the SGTools giveaway.

The correct way to report it is just linking the id as you did (and if it's a train, one of the wagons were the infractors break in). So you did all the necessary, but since it's not really a report I have to ask you, do you want me to apply an infraction to that invalid entry?

7 years ago

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, I don't think it's neccessary to apply an infraction, because IMHO the user would have been able to join anyway.

Cheers and have a nice day =)

7 years ago

Hi, I'm experiencing a strange thing on SGTools. I'm trying to join a giveaway with standard rules (activate all won gifts, not won a game multiple times, not VAC banned) but it tells me that I either have unactivated gifts or my profile is private. But that can't be right, because I have activated all my games, and I've sync'd SteamGifts to Steam just fine just now.

I've been joining SGTools giveaways for a while now and this is the first time I've encountered this problem (but I have encountered that set of rules without problem before).

If it helps, the giveaway is <giveaway identifier removed>.

7 years ago*

You synced SteamGifts but did you sync SGTools?

https://www.sgtools.info/sync

7 years ago

SGTools also syncs correctly yeah

Edit: Oh, it works now. It must've been that. lol thank you! ♥

7 years ago

You're so welcome Tsugumiwinters! :3

This can happen when SGTools does an automated sync when Steam is down at that same moment.

7 years ago

I'm activated all won gifts but no pass (profile is public)

Your account is flagged as having some unactivated Wins or your profile is Private.

http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/basteryus

7 years ago

7 years ago

After I tried to synchronize, I posted a comment here. it did not work then but now it worked, interesting LOL

7 years ago*

Steam is kind of down, when I told you to re-synchronize I tried your nonactivated and it reported steam api down.

It seems api has been (and still is) extremely unstable lately.

7 years ago

understand, thanks for help :)

7 years ago

Reporting 3 invalid entries for a1db378f-03ba-11e7-96a2-fa163ee2f826
Only topic where I've posted the link was here. The OP also only links/linked the sgtools link.

7 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

Thank you so much Knsys for making, user supporting and updating your great SGTools that I used to make XII SGTools trains and will use again for sure! ^^

7 years ago

You should start a train company business :)

7 years ago

That's not a bad idea because there will be more SGTools trains in the future. ^^

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

New Infraction system.
Infractions replaces bans on "entered sgtools protected giveaway without a valid entry" cases. This new system will use a strikes based calculations to ensure that a user is really aware of those infractions before being permanently denied of getting thought sgtools giveaways.

Strike system details:
1. First Strike -> 1 month
2. Second Strike -> 3 months
3. Third Strike -> 6 months
4. Forth+ Strike -> 3000 years (aka perma infraction).

Users currently serving an infraction will see a red bar on the top of every giveaway-related page informing of the time it'll expire. They can do every operation on sgtools apart from qualifying for giveaways and getting the url.

There is still permabans in place for the following cases:
* Users that misuse giveaway feedback to bypass giveaway rules
* Giveaway url leakers
* Trying to exploit in any other way the system

Sorry, but leaking a giveaway URL is punished with a permanent ban.

7 years ago

Reporting another batch of invalid entries. These sgtools links were only shown to users who preformed a task here.
1 invalid entry: 3bc91ead-0b64-11e7-96a2-fa163ee2f826
1 invalid entry: 15bca6a2-0b64-11e7-96a2-fa163ee2f826
1 invalid entry: 2ac99666-0b64-11e7-96a2-fa163ee2f826
3 invalid entries: d29d24ee-0b63-11e7-96a2-fa163ee2f826

7 years ago*

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

In sgtools i check the requirements for a game and it says that "Your account is flagged as having some unactivated Wins or your profile is Private."

Now i activated all my games ( i forgot one, but now i have activate it) and i synked my account with steam.
The problem is that it tells me again that i do not match the requirements and that is false. The game is level 0 and my accont is not private and i have activated all the games i won (3 games)

7 years ago

Did you do the synchronization on sgtools (not on steamgifts)?

If so, try again, steam may have been down while you tried.

7 years ago

yeaa, now it works
thank you so much :)

7 years ago

Thank you again for helping me Knysys, that problem is completely solved now! ^^

7 years ago

SGtools keeps saying ''Your account is flagged as having some unactivated Wins or your profile is Private.'''
I synced both sgtools and steamgifts.

The game that is being a pain is ''10 Second Ninja''

7 years ago

that's because you do not own "10 second ninja" you own "10 second ninja x" instead. you need to report the mistake to the gifter and either request the title change, give permission to delete, or request the proper key. which route to take is upto you however i'd take into consideration that 10 second ninja X is newer and less bundled game and that it was likely a genuine mistake.

7 years ago

Thank you.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

hello!
I've recieved a message on sgtools, like this- 'You are currently serving an infraction until2017-06-26 21:27:34 NY Time'

and I got no idea how I got that, I don't even know how to bypass SGTools...
I 've just resync-ed my account in sgtools, nothing changes :(

any help, please?
Someone told me that the ban is applied if I didn't get the giveaway URL from the sgtools website.

I guess I did something wrong...? Just wanna know how and why. Thanks!

7 years ago

You entered two different sgtools protected giveaways without getting the url from sgtools.
Those giveaways are Mini Metro and Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition.

As a rule of thumb, entering a private giveaway without getting the url from the owner in some way (directly, a post in the forum, a group you share with him, etc.) is not a very good idea...

7 years ago

I went directly through giveaway owner's giveaway thread... :(
anyways I guess there was some issue there, but well, rules are rules...
at least I'm glad that I didn't got something really bad like permanent ban.
thank you for your concern. Was rly helped me a lot. Huge thanks!

7 years ago

There was no giveaway url in that thread, only a url to a webpage, so no you didn't get it from the creator's thread.
Please don't try to blame others for your own mistakes, those concrete giveaways were placed on a nice select-only-one website that requires some effort to make.

7 years ago

yes, it was nice website with 4 doors...
Yes, It was my mistake that I tried more than one giveaway from that one, and I'm not even trying to blame anybody on my mistake. If you understood that way, my apologies on that one too.

7 years ago

According to Steam gifts support, I need to contact you to have a bug fixed on my account. Below is the information concerning the problem. Thanks

Jorgon

I just won a game called Blood Harvest. I activated the key with little thought and marked it received. Once I went to play the game I noticed it was sweat shop. While disappointed that it was a game that had been given away free before, My big issue is that now I'm having issues entering giveaways. It's saying That not all my wins are not all activated. This just happened. The giveaway is from ____. I notified him but, I , want to get this issue corrected right away. Please feel free to look into the giveaway and key. Thank you for helping me to get this resolved.

A very long time Steamgifts user
6 hours ago
3 Comments
Jorgon

I almost forgot to let you know, I all ready owned Sweat shop so the key that was issued should still be valid. Thought this information may help in getting this resolved=)
5 hours ago
Edit
Delete
Jorgon

Latest update. ------ contacted me and said he made a mistake and posted the wrong key. I activated the correct key and let him know that the sweat shop key should still be good. Now the Only issue that is left to resolve is it's still saying my account is still flagged with unactivated wins or my account is private. My account is not private. So, I just need to get that removed.
thanks again for your help.
4 hours ago
Edit
Delete
jatan11t
(Moderator)

Hello Jorgon.

Your account is fine. SGTools is a third party site developed by knsys. Issues and bugs should be reported in the official thread. You could try syncing your account with the website.
We have no way to fix or update it.

Have a nice day.
Dear Knsys, u can see the issue I have above. Syncing my account did not work. I'm still flagged with unactivated wins or my account is private. My account is not private. So, I just need to get that removed.
(Thank you in advance for resolving this issue)

7 years ago

Looks like you need to sync with sgtools (not SteamGifts). Go here: http://www.sgtools.info/sync

7 years ago*

Giveaways use a 24hours cache, to avoid recalculating everything when it's not really necessary. You can however refresh that cache doing a manual synchronization on SGTools (and not on SteamGifts).

So as combatbeard said, just do a SGtools synchronization

7 years ago

Two new customers:
9b2305f3-ff77-11e6-96a2-fa163ee2f826

7 years ago

Two new infractions applied :p
Thanks for the report!

7 years ago

Bump! :3

7 years ago

Hello there, I was planning to submit this report after the giveaways over, but something made me to do it right now.

So I have got this train going on and I noticed one invalid entry (also there is another invalid entry on my other ongoing train). The problem here actually is that the invalid user would have passed the SGTools rules I set, but he showed up as invalid entry. I would want to ask them how they got the giveaway link, so I went ahead and sent him a friend request. He ended up declining the request and kept declining my requests afterwards. I actually recorded footage of my friends window showing the pending friend request and then the user is no longer there but not added to my friends. Anyway due to this I decided to report the infraction before the giveaways end.

It's this one and should only have 1 invalid entry:

42001d0b-1700-11e7-940a-fa163ee2f826

The other one also has an invalid but I can wait until that one ends.

7 years ago

7 years ago

You're welcome and thank you for processing it. For the other train I have sorted out with the guy who entered so I will not be putting up another report against him. For this one though, I think the best result is keep the infraction in place.

7 years ago

The 'Check requirements' button isn't working for me. It's been like that for a few days now :/

Upon inspecting the button it says 'ReferenceError: $ is not defined'
So it appears the button isn't doing anything at all.

Firefox and Chrome both have the same problem. They're up to date, and I updated java as well, but no luck

7 years ago

You are somehow blocking the loading of jquery, that's why you are receiving that error.

Check out for any browser plugin that may be blocking it, or maybe your isp is blocking the access to the cdn.

7 years ago

No browser plugins are interfering.
Also, the rules checker and cv pages all work just fine. If they are working I wouldn't think it would be the isp either, would it?
A bunch of other sites have java/javascript working just fine as well.
I've had this problem a few other times, but it always goes away after a little bit. It hasn't lasted this long before

7 years ago

Something is really blocking your access to the CDN serving the JavaScript. That error is clearly saying that Jquery is not recognized, and since you tried on both chrome and firefox up to date, that is the only possibility left.

7 years ago

I'm definitely not doubting you know what you're talking about. I just wish I knew what to do about it.
Is the CDN for that javascript the same as the CDN for the rules checkers?
I have no clue why it's happening, or why the ISP might block it. If it's the ISP, I wonder why would they only target your script?
I'm not sure why it would be intermittent either

7 years ago

There are local scripts and remote scripts. The one that is failing to execute and throws the error is a local script, that needs the remote script to work. All SGTools custom scripts are local, while all standard libraries and frameworks are remote.

You are loading local scripts, but not loading the CDN (Content Delivery Network) remote ones.

7 years ago

Cube Master: Light Adventure was previously recognised as activated on my account, but I'm currently failing entry requirements because it's showing as non-activated. Synchronising didn't help. Any ideas?

7 years ago

cube master appid = 562650 (what you were given)
cube master: light adventure appid = 581690 (what the giveaway was actually for)

that's an easy mistake to make and it's not a free key swapout afaik.. i'd just request a title change in the GA and leave it unmarked until the title changes. (edit: or agree to delete)

or if that's not the case, maybe it was revoked for some strange reason?? idk, but i don't see the titled game in your account. - (edit: i'd check license history date and see what lines up with the redemption time.)

7 years ago*

Yes, that's the game I received - I thought it was just one of those examples where the game title doesn't quite match up, and because neither are available in the store (in my region, at least) I wasn't able to double check. I'll let the GA creator know, thanks.

7 years ago*

yeah, i used steamdb to figure out appid difference. ^^
you may want to show them that so they can see the difference for themselves. xD

np & gl

7 years ago

Also, I now realise it wasn't ever showing as activated, I was just confused by the timings because the GA only rerolled to me yesterday.

7 years ago

Hi.
In checking the requirements for an SG, SGTools says I am serving infraction until 2017-06-05 15:19:00 NY Time, but my account is active normally and I have no unactivated games. I would like help with this please.

View attached image.
7 years ago

You entered two SGTools protected giveaways without getting the url from SGTools.

• TASTEE: Lethal Tactics
  • Life Goes On: Done to Death
7 years ago

So this punishment is being imposed by SGTools and not by SG, correct?
So I will not be able to participate in any other GA that is protected by SGTools until the mentioned date?

7 years ago

That is correct

7 years ago

Right. Your site, your rules and punishments, but, where are the rules of use of SGTools and their respective punishments written?

7 years ago

second to last code block here on this page:

New Infraction system.
Infractions replaces bans on "entered sgtools protected giveaway without a valid entry" cases. This new system will use a strikes based calculations to ensure that a user is really aware of those infractions before being permanently denied of getting thought sgtools giveaways.

Strike system details:
1. First Strike -> 1 month
2. Second Strike -> 3 months
3. Third Strike -> 6 months
4. Forth+ Strike -> 3000 years (aka perma infraction).

Users currently serving an infraction will see a red bar on the top of every giveaway-related page informing of the time it'll expire. They can do every operation on sgtools apart from qualifying for giveaways and getting the url.

There is still permabans in place (currently only 5), for the following cases:
* Users that misuse giveaway feedback to bypass giveaway rules
* Giveaway url leakers
* Trying to exploit in any other way the system

edit: oh and the rules part is upto the GA creators that utilize the tool combined with general steamgifts rules.

7 years ago

The punishments are totally disproportionate, but ...
Thank you for info.

7 years ago

Bump! :-)

7 years ago

Hey Knsys, do you have the stats for March?

7 years ago

STATS (07/04/2017)

• Number of users: 27.683
  • Number of users that are giveaway creators: 1.282
  • Number of users serving infractions: 40
  • Number of banned: 19
  • Ad-block Activated: 60,23%
  • Ad-block Not Activated: 39,77%
7 years ago

Thank you Knsys, I've updated the stats in my latest SGTools train. ;-)

7 years ago

Bump for very nice and pleasant tools. :3

7 years ago

1 Invalid entry: 8d4c6e60-1a12-11e7-940a-fa163ee2f826

7 years ago

7 years ago

Thanks for the tool!

7 years ago

i am so sorry :( My girlfriend sent me the link and told me to join the giveaway and I didnt even ask questions as I was tired as hell. She didnt mention anything about a SGtools link.
Lesson learned - I will never enter a GA again when she sends me a link to one...

7 years ago

I tried to enter this giveaway: http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/e17e75a4-1e16-11e7-9500-fa163ee2f826 but it says Failed requirement <1000 games owned
I only have ~660 games, why does the condition fail?

7 years ago

That is because rule is not well constructed, it's not a problem on your side.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.