SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

7 years ago*

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

7 years ago

Is there a reporting mechanism? I have two things that I need to report to you (one good, one bad) and I'm not sure how. It's private, so you can add me on steam if you need to. Just post a comment that it's you.

7 years ago

Add me to steam and send me a message :)

7 years ago

I win Sins of a Solar Empire®: Trinity after it was added in "bundle list", but sgtools mark it as full priced non-bundle game -
Sins of a Solar Empire®: Trinity (20$ Total) (Public giveaway)
Its normal?

7 years ago

Limitations #2

The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
7 years ago

game was added in bundle list 11apr, i enter GA after check that on https://www.steamgifts.com/bundle-games bcoz dont want discrease my notsogood ratio, GA ended after 1 hour.
Now 14 apr - but still mark as full-priced, 2.5 days already x) thats why i write here

7 years ago*

sorry, i was thinking of the "Endless Space" that should of been added for yesterday instead. honestly no idea then tbh.

7 years ago

Bundle list started to refuse to update on 9th, I'm currently checking why that is happening.

7 years ago

oh thats bad, hope u dont have many problem and fix it soon, good luck =)

7 years ago

Fixed the issue.

There is a bugged entry in bundle list, a game without url/appid .

7 years ago

Confirm, all ok now =) That was realy fast, thanks :D

7 years ago

Two invalid entries: http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/6b34debe-1fc2-11e7-9500-fa163ee2f826
(Husk as a different one than Mushroom)

7 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

Hi knsys, I have a suggestion that may save some confusion for users:

change the variable owned_games to owned_game with no s ... I've seen a few rules where folks thought owned_games == num_owned_games and I can understand why they might think that.

7 years ago

I understand the confusion but owned_games work with an array, so ownedgame is not really representative.
The majority (if not all) of the variables that have a count of something on SGTools starts with num
*, so it should be easy to remember.

I'm open to change it, but I need a better name than the singular, if you get more ideas for the renaming just tell me :)

7 years ago

I understand, how about owned_games_array or is that too technical? Maybe specific_owned_games?

7 years ago

Not really a fan of those either, let's see if more people suggest other ideas :)

7 years ago

Can you add this script to the User Script section? I find it to be the most convenient option to check winners.

Thanks!

7 years ago

Added, thanks for the suggestion :)

7 years ago

Great, thanks!

7 years ago

Hi, knsys...do I need to tell you about extra users I allowed into an SGTools-protected giveaway (who show as "invalid"), or is it simply that I don't report them as invalid?

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Thanks, Sighery. Yes, I specifically handed the link to this user despite not passing the rules. I simply won't report anything to knsys unless I receive advise to the contrary.

7 years ago

I never apply infractions without the owner of the giveaway asking for it, exactly for those cases.
People are allowed to share the url or create multiple gates with different rules for a giveaway as they see fit. So only when someone reports a real invalid entry I act. And don't worry, the infraction system accepts a list of excluded users to not apply the infraction to them :)

7 years ago

I might have found a new false positive:
Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum 5 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/393330) is shown as not activated, but there's "Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum 5 - Mac" in the game list of the user's profile.

7 years ago

It doesn't seem to be the same game (from steam point of view), I can see both of them in the store at the same time.

7 years ago

Oh, okay, didn't expect that. Usually Mac and Windows versions use the same app ID and keys.. thanks. :)

7 years ago

Bump! ^^

7 years ago

I was just trying to enter a train with an sgtools check and it tells me my account has unactivated wins or my account is private? But my account has never been private, and I only have 7 wins, all of which most certainly are activated. Never had an issue like this before.

This is the train I was trying to enter: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/JiQ3A/i-think-i-will-reach-level-8-with-my-first-train-lv-3-5

7 years ago

Sync with sgtools (not Steamgifts)
http://www.sgtools.info/sync

7 years ago

Works now. Thanks :)

7 years ago

Since the weekend, SGT is reporting my account as having unactivated won keys. This is untrue, as you can see just by comparing the two accounts - my steam account is fully visible to anyone who wants to have a nosey around...I'm not shy.

Oh, and since everything being fine and this problem.......I have not won anything on SG.

Please can someone take a look and advise when the problem is fixed.

Cheers

7 years ago

Have you tried to sync your SGT?

7 years ago

Thanks, but yeah....first thing I tried. Then I went back and made 100% sure I hadn't missed activating a key...same result, no help.

7 years ago

If I remember correctly, there have been cases like that in the past. Some kind of error/bug knsys has to fix manually.

7 years ago

Note that syncing with sgtools is not the same as syncing with Steamgifts.

7 years ago

Thanks - I didn't see that. Maybe that will fix it - can't find the GA I was trying to get the link to, so I shall try it tomorrow.

Thanks again.....

7 years ago

Steam is down for the moment.

When Steam is up again and SGTools shows you a false positive non activated win, then manually sync SGTools:

7 years ago

Well, that reminds me that I should retake FAQ, it's been on the works for nearly a year now :\

I don't really like to write down things >_<

7 years ago

And if Steam could stay consistently up that would help too. ;-)

7 years ago

Hi knsys, I have a problem with sgtools. I can't enter to giveaways by sgtools. This problem is new. I have never have this problem. All gifts are activated and profile is public. Pls help me ;) Look at this screenshot http://screenshot.sh/ov6wy8TD2BoGs <FIXED>

7 years ago*

7 years ago

Thank You ;)

7 years ago

Hi! I have three multiple wins from waaay long ago :D Europa Universalis IV: Guns... (won 3 times) (on 2014-10-30 21:20:00 and 2014-12-05 17:30:00 and 2015-01-27 12:44:00).

I had more 4 more DLC's from same time range before this but i was able to sort things out with GA makers (giving them some game, giving them the original GA or something else), but i had no luck with these EU: IV GA makers. I asked about it from two and did not get response and got blocked and i cannot write on their profile either and the third is not responding.

Is there anything i can do to get my multiple wins go away? I already spent about 15€ to make those other multiple's go away and now i am stuck 😭

View attached image.
7 years ago

Try to comment in the giveaways. At least two of the GA creators still use SG.

7 years ago

Oh, gotta try to do that! Thanks, that did not even cross my mind! :]

7 years ago

Reached one and only one to go now :D

7 years ago

:)

Give it some time. Depending on real life and timezones many do not check their SG messages daily, even when being online.

7 years ago

Yeah i know. But if i remember right i tried to talk with this one and he/she blocked me so i do not know how cooperative it is going to be 😤

7 years ago

Hi! I have an issue with Telltale's Guardians Of The Galaxy game. I made a thread about it here, and everyone suggested I bring it to your attention :)

Basically I won Guardians Of The Galaxy two weeks ago and activated the gift onto my account. It showed up in my activity feed, licenses and client library, but it doesn't show up in my games. When people search it in my library, it says I don't have it. Sgtool doesn't recognize me having it either.

I'd hate to look like a rulebreaker and miss out on some great Sgtool giveaways, so If you could help me out that would be great!
There is no rush and thank you for taking the time to read this!

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago

Added to the whitelist, thanks for the report!

If you try to enter a giveaway and get the not activated message, just do a manual synchronization.

7 years ago

thanks!

7 years ago

It is possible to forgive my punishment. Punishment should not be indefinitely!
I have not used sgtools for a long time. Could you make an arrangement for this?

Google translate ;)

7 years ago

Strike system details:
1. First Strike -> 1 month
2. Second Strike -> 3 months
3. Third Strike -> 6 months
4. Forth+ Strike -> 3000 years (aka perma infraction).

You have 5 Strikes, the first three are not permanent, reaching 5+ is quite an achievement though, you put real effort there.

7 years ago

I'm trying to use sgtools for the first time, and think I need some help. There are a bunch of value spinners for real CV that I set all to zero because I thought that's what I had to do to turn them off, but apparently that's not right? I only want a single custom filter not all these other ones; is there a way to remove all rules except custom?

7 years ago

It may be different now, but you just didn't fill them in before.

7 years ago

Just don't input anything in the fields you don't want to use :)

7 years ago

Thanks! I just made a giveaway over here to see if it works: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/lYrsd/small-giveaway-for-the-generous-users-testing-sgtools

Guess it's not working right though, hmm...

7 years ago

It seems that you already corrected the rule and have it working :)

7 years ago

Yep, thanks for the help :)

One final question though, is it possible to have a range value? Such as (level == range(4, 8)) for users that are from level 4 to 8 ?

7 years ago

Yep, just look at the documentation (below the rule generator GUI, you have a Show/Hide variables toggle).

Arithmetic Operators
+ (addition)
- (subtraction)
* (multiplication)
/ (division)
% (modulus)
** (pow)
.. (range) - e.g. level in 1..7

Remember that levels are doubles and not integers, so specify the decimals when needed.

7 years ago

Hello everyone, i need some help.Few minutes ago i tried to join a giveaway but sgtools saying that i have one non activated game.

Name of the game : 123 Slaughter Me Street . Actually there is a problem because i won '' 123 Slaughter Me Street '' , but i got a key for 123 Slaughter Me Street 2 , newer version .There is a difference.

I won this : http://store.steampowered.com/app/405180/123_Slaughter_Me_Street/?snr=1_7_15__13

I got this : http://store.steampowered.com/app/551190/123_Slaughter_Me_Street_2/

What to do ? Do i need to contact support ?

EDIT : I think i will contact support.I can't wait for some answers :)

6 years ago*

you'll have to contact the GA creator, leave a comment in there asking if they were aware of the key being for a different game. They can then contact support asking for a change to the GA

6 years ago

The best course of action is mark as not received and contact the giveaway creator and support, so they can change the game's giveaway.

6 years ago

Problem solved after i contacted creator and support .GA is deleted and everyone is happy .

6 years ago

Glad to hear that :)

6 years ago

One new customer: e172cc62-17a9-11e7-940a-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

any chance i can get a micro adjustment to my sent games list to make it accurate for me? basically -1x zeohell copy from a multicopy that was manually removed.

if not, it's not that big of a deal really. i've lived with it being slightly off for a while, but all my tickets of that type have now been settled so i thought i'd ask. ^^

giveaway = /gdlbG/

photo should help clarify what i mean better >

View attached image.
6 years ago

oops, that's not the only one that needs correcting though, that was just the final one thats ticket just went thru..

full list:
4 copy ga /gdlbG/ down to 3 copies
50 copy ga /Wl2Gs/ down to 46 copies
4 copy ga /VTzH0/ down to 2 copies
2 copy ga /XVbNU/ down to 1 copy (<-- this one your system may already be aware of, idk how entirely it works)
5 copy ga /Vvsje/ down to 3 copies

sorry and thanks if that's not to much trouble. ^^

6 years ago*

SGTools just parse what it sees (and what SG allows it to see), so it can't read info that is just not accessible to it.
Those are group giveaways and edge cases, not much I can do about it.

There is no mechanism implemented to alter results on the fly because I don't think it's really necessary. What we do need is better information given by the website (exact number of marked as received and not received and names) in the profile listing of a user.

6 years ago

ok, no problem. just thought i'd check. =)
thanks anyways.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago*

I think it's better to let it finish and then apply the infractions. But if you still prefer to apply them now, just say it.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Ok no problem, infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago*

I've just looked it up a bit and didn't found anything that points to what you say. Please add me on steam or write me in an old giveaway of mine with more details about that.

6 years ago

I don't think this is right:

View attached image.
6 years ago

Not my fault, look at the giveaways and you'll see that they are worth 70 points each...

Blame on Steam Api that reports pack price on individual games and tricks Steamgifts.

6 years ago

if you look up those games, you'll see they are showing primarily as the "new reality studio pack" in the store page atm because the 90% off that pack is the better deal then the full price individual game by itself. the steam api goes off the lowest price on that page even if its only due to a discount.

that's why it's temporarily showing as 10.50 for each copy of game from that pack that costs more then the full discount price.
it will correct itself it 2.5days when that sale ends. xD

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.