SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

552780 (Dexodonex) moved to "No Value Games", "Real CV for Sent Gifts on account" with it show incorrectly

6 years ago

Made changes, but still there is a difference. My account CV SG:1,001.16 vs SgTools:1,005.98

6 years ago

No Value games are still not handled by SGT, so there will be difference until those changes are applied.

6 years ago

Bump! :3

6 years ago

Just to check that http://www.sgtools.info/won calculates CV different from how it's used in ratio of Real Value Sent/Won?

6 years ago

For filters it uses official data from profiles. So in the case of ratio real CV it uses Real CV sent/won from SG data.

6 years ago

Thanks for the info. Ah fun, all the less than 5 entries get counted then.

Hmm good to know for future.

6 years ago

Unfortunately it does, but at the end it's the official data, so it's the valid one.

It's still nonsense that CV is no longer a parity calculation, so it's no longer is a 0-sum game, at least for official data.

6 years ago

Reading this long thread while I have free-time (at work) and found this message.

I made a tool for accurate check of the CV and CL (Contribution level). I did it for different reasons. One of them is I have an error on my Real CV for Sent Gifts page and had to find it : Project Surviving Giveaway should be considered as reduced value. It started "May 29, 2017, 2:02am" but is bundled since "May 29". Is it possible to change this?

Another reason is SGTOOLS dont use STEAM USD Value like Steamgifts but a rounded value. So Real CV and CL are different from SG. I still have to read this thread to understand why, I suppose it's for a historical reason. When I developped my tool, I first used rounded value but then I just change to real Steam Market value by subtracting 0,01. Why not use real value?

My tool is OSS - Tool to plan Steamgifts giveaways.

6 years ago

Hi again :)

Problem with bundle dates is that they are not specific enough. It lacks important information like the timezone or specific hour/minute/second.

Timezone has been changed multiple times when someone reported some specific case of bundle/non bundle conflict like the one you just told here, but it seems it's not in the right spot. Server seems to run on CET, but that generates bunde/non bundle errors too, so maybe bundle date does take into account hours and minutes and they are just not displayed? We don't really know for sure.

SGT uses "point" values to calculate CV because updating app prices every day would consume the vast majority of the number of api calls to Steam that it can do a day.

Keep the good work with your tool! :)

6 years ago

that shit ruined my life

6 years ago

is sgtools down?

6 years ago

It's working fine here

6 years ago

It is showing the site is taking too long to respond.
It seems strange because, i can access the page on my android device connected via same internet provider, but can not on my computer.

My location: India.
Browser Chrome and Firefox
Internet connected via wired broadband.
Adblock disabled.

Edit 1 : cleared cookies and tried, no luck.
Edit 2 : pinged www.sgtools.info, getting request timed out.
Edit 3 : No active firewall rule in place. Turning off the firewall also didn't help.
Edit 4: hosts file in windows system32 folder is default
Edit 5: reset winsock and dnsflush using cmd and restarted
Edit 6: it is also not working in Ubuntu system

6 years ago*

started working after a day. strange issue i guess.

6 years ago

Well, it was something on "your end". One possibility is that there was a network linking error on your ISP to the server's network.

6 years ago

yeah it sure was a pc related issue, not sure what exactly. will update if i can recreate the same.

6 years ago

Sgtools started giving me "Your account is flagged as having some unactivated Wins or your profile is Private." past couple days, even though I have no unactivated wins. I checked my wins for last two weeks again to see if I somehow forgot to activate. They are all in my library. What is the problem, help!

6 years ago

Usually means you gotta go to SGTools and do a sync from the pull-down options on the "Home" menu.

6 years ago

Yes that was it. Thank you very much BigBlueWolf :)

6 years ago

A "few" have tried to sneak into my sgtools protected GA
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/b838f955-8cea-11e7-a309-fa163ee2f826/invalidEntries

Thanks for your effort

6 years ago*

Please note that link for one giveaway (The Elmian Warrior) was initially given directly in your unedited post.

6 years ago

Only at the "example" thing in my thread. Not at the highlighted link part for clicking.
This error was fast (under 1 hour) solved as one say me that.

YOU and others joined over this "example" link (not as link highlighted so you must copy&paste it and there was, in the description, the first sentence "!! You have only the permission to be here when you passed the sgtools protection and nobody gave you the direct Link ( when you are here from a direct link you get only a reroll from me :-P ) !!"

So each one that sneaked in this (short) time in know it was a mistake that it is open (and only over the example "sentence" in the thread, not over the link there !).

From my sight the people should tell the error to the GA/thread creator.
None of you have done this and EACH ONE of you read this sentence in the decription.
So you join with full purpose to a GA that you not have the permission to.

So punishment is well earned.

6 years ago*

Pretty sure I clicked it & stuff is hidden in plain sight on SG all the time... seriously uncool, dude.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago

It was only "open" over the example thing NOT over the Links (by the links i edited it after secondes -not possible that 10 sneaked in in this time-).

Example thing:
Giveaways formatting (copy and paste, replace with your info):
'The Elmian Warrior sgtools.info/giveaways/b838f955-8cea-11e7-a309-fa163ee2f826 | Masafor | Level 1, sgtools'
Please look into my thread, i cant bring it to work proper here. I dont know why :o(. Ah and think yourself that by the example was first the normal link for a few minutes
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/rkZn9/masafors-giveaways

Links:
The Elmian Warrior | Masafor | Level 1, sgtools
And 2-4 links more to other Games.

It was only as long open if someone tell me this error. I looked now exactly, i was informed yesterday 11:20 PM from Myrsan and 8:48 PM started the GA, i set the link LATER in my thread and the example too. So MAYBE it would be 1,5h open (i think lesser time).

If any of the sneakers say anything it would be closed faster AND they can't join (and they know that)...so nobody of them tell it.

And as sayed before ... the first sentence was VERY CLEAR:
""!! You have only the permission to be here when you passed the sgtools protection and nobody gave you the direct Link ( when you are here from a direct link you get only a reroll from me :-P ) !!"

Anyone need a explanation to this sentence ??? Surely not....

So tell me if this behavior is right or not ?
In my sight not.

They (try to) exploit .... thats the fact

6 years ago*

Sorry for all the editing. I am sure now i am finished with the post :o)

6 years ago

Let us make it easyer i don`t want trouble in my freetime.

Nobody should be banned or anything like that.

Let us say i am guilty because i had this backdoor open for ~1 hour.
And let us say they are guilty for not read a VERY clear desciption AND not inform me over the backdoor.

I am sure you can find a pusnihment that fits or let it by a message to all of them.
I am new at sg and can't and don't want give a advice.

I hope with this middleway all can be "pleased"

6 years ago

As sgtools is a 3rd-party software, there is no way that knsys can get "message to all of them" in any SG context.

Only "punishment" you can apply would be to blacklist the users, so they can't enter any of your future giveaways.
But this would not be appropiate in my opinion, as you "had this backdoor open for ~1 hour".

From my experience here, best left it rest and make future GAs without open backdoors ;)

6 years ago

Oh be sure all 10 are blacklisted from me ( i won't not support such people and such behavior -before i do that i throw the games in the trash :-D -).
Because all of them read the first, very clear, sentence. exploit the "backdoor" and don't informed me over the mistake. So each one knows what he does.

6 years ago

I just read the whole conversation and since the giveaway was open and visible on the forum, I can't apply any infraction as they could have legitimately gotten the url from you (the giveaway creator).

Your best course of action is to blacklist them for not reading the clear description and forget about it. Next time you won't leak the url and you'll be able to report the invalid entries (if any).

6 years ago

One invalid entry for this one: http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/af192d17-8ef2-11e7-a309-fa163ee2f826
Their highest level friend entered the GA just before them 👀

6 years ago

Infraction applied and leaker banned.

Thanks for your report!

6 years ago

you may wish to check timestamps (for example if they entered almost the same time) as it may indicate multiaccount. I had similar situation with my recent train, lvl 0 entering without SGT, having lvl6 on his friendlist who entered through SGT, but after checking timestamps it turned out they were entering from seconds to 1-2 minutes from each other which would be impossible if it wasn't the same person operating both accounts. I reported it to support and it ended up with both accounts getting permabanned ;)

6 years ago

Oh... didn't know you can see the timestamps... They entered the same minute indeed, but I guess that could be possible if they were chatting live. Do you think it make sense to report it just based on 1 entry? (it's not a train, so I only have 1 simultaneous entry, not a huge series like you had)

6 years ago

still worth a try ;) them entering the same minute indicates something may be fishy, let support look deeper into it (they can see logs for example - so can check logging times - do they both always log in in similar time? they can check IP - do they have same IP, or maybe one account uses different IP from all over the world every time indicating VPN etc). It is always worth a try ;) Worst case scenario - nothing changes, and they remain banned on SGT, best case scenario - you get a multiaccounter permabanned over a free game which would be hillarious :D:

6 years ago

http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/4bfa5f7a-7de6-11e7-a309-fa163ee2f826

I've got a stowaway in the individual Doom car who doesn't have a SGTools gate entry.

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

You're welcome Knsys! :3

6 years ago

The First Tree is reported as not activated on my profile, but the game will not be released until the 14th.

6 years ago

Changed release date to match the new one.

You'll be able to enter giveaways with unactivated rule checks right now, but it'll take 20 minutes to change in unactivated page (short term cache).

6 years ago

Thanks!

6 years ago

Has the bundled status stopped updating?

6 years ago

It was broken indeed, it's fixed now. Thanks for the heads up!

6 years ago

Now SGT uses a Free Games List for Sent/Won CV.

You'll see the entries in light purple when listing the CVs. The list was filled using Rafael's api plus some manually added games.
If you find games that are not added yet to the list, please report them here :)

6 years ago

Thank you for the continued support and updates, Knsys! :3

6 years ago

Thanks a lot!

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

6 years ago*

6 years ago

Infraction Applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Hi! I want to report multiple leaked entries by the same user in my last train: http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/b27ff9e9-9254-11e7-bc56-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Hi, I keep getting message "Error: Giveaway is not private", yet, I'm sure that it has "Invite only" option on.

6 years ago

sgtools can't be used with region locked giveaways.

6 years ago

gosh, I hate this ****king site... thanks for the fast answer and pointing out the problem.

yet, I can't use non-region restricted giveaway because it's a region-locked gift and I can't use public giveaway because I have deluxe edition of the game and I don't want people with base game entering it

6 years ago

Mods will grant you a reroll for anyone who already owns the base game. But yes, it could be a pain with the number of people who would ignore your request not to enter for DLC if you put one in the description of a public giveaway.

6 years ago

Indeed SGTools can't see through region restricted giveaways. That's a Steamgifts feature :\

6 years ago

any solution about "not active won game"?
I can't pass that rule now, coz....

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/Cdqty/another-dev-tripping-death-penalty-beginning-removed-from-accounts

6 years ago

Maybe add Death Penalty: Beginning to whitelist temporarily for a few days until users can get support to change received status.
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/Cdqty/another-dev-tripping-death-penalty-beginning-removed-from-accounts

6 years ago

Done :)

6 years ago

Game has been returned to all owners, so the exemption can be lifted :-)

6 years ago

Let's wait some more until it stabilizes for everyone

6 years ago

Could you add Tiny Bridge: Ratventure to whitelist or something, until some people can get the problem solved, due to this giveaway: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/aKhtZ/tiny-bridge-ratventure giving keys to the wrong game? (I know the giveaway is old, but I didn't even know until recently)

6 years ago

Correct procedure is to mark 'Not Received'. (Right back when it happened actually.)

6 years ago

Unfortunately I, as possible a few others, did not pay attention as to what game was activated and since it worked I marked it as received. No need to punish me for something that wasn't really my fault.

6 years ago

Feedback is locked after being in the "received" state for 30 days.
Please create a support ticket if you need to modify this feedback for accuracy.

Contact support

6 years ago

I did, but it's been 2 days with no response. Look, all I want is temporary whitelist until this is resolved. I don't see why this would be an issue, since other people had their request approved.

Plus, this game hasn't been in a GA for a long time, so I doubt it being whitelisted would matter much. I just hate not being able to pass that rule because some dude gave me a key for another game. I've been framed! I am innocent officer, I swear I activated all my games! D:

6 years ago

I don't see why this would be an issue, since other people had their request approved. 

Because problem other people had was not because of them, but because of developers (game getting removed from Steam, devs massively revoking purchased games etc), while your problem is because of you not following SG rules correctly. That is a huge difference. Whitelisting game simply because theres one or a few users who didn't follow rules and marked it wrong is a no-go because all actual rulebreakers who got right key from other GA but didn't activate it will basically go unpunished. Thus proper way is like said - wait for support, when support replies you will be free to join SGT again.

Plus, this game hasn't been in a GA for a long time, so I doubt it being whitelisted would matter much.

The game is still given away with last GAs for it ending yesterday.

6 years ago

If I buy the game myself, would this just pass over or something? I feel like this is just a needless wait if I just have the option to end this with a loss on my side.

6 years ago

if you buy game yourself and activate it and then sync both SG and SGT accounts you will no longer be marked as non-activator. Still even if you decide to do so I would still keep Support ticket open (eventually edit adding information you already bought game yourself, but still want to change marking) - cause even if you will be able to access ASctivation filers it will still be one game affecting your ratio, and it would be a shame if one day you fail some ratio SGT requirement because of the game you never actually received ;)

6 years ago

Alrighty, thanks for the info. I guess I will wait for the ticket response. See ya next summer xD

6 years ago

As other have already told you, the correct procedure here is to mark it as not received.

I won't add this game to the whitelist just because of this.

6 years ago

I got one invalid entry on the giveaway of Massive: http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/e1807cf6-9967-11e7-bc56-fa163ee2f826

The 'invalid' entries on other giveaways are valid because I shared the link with that user.

6 years ago

Infraction applied on giveaway Massive. Thanks for the report!

6 years ago

I get "500 Looks like we're having some server issues." on http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/manage.

6 years ago

Should be working again, thanks for the info :)

6 years ago

thank you

6 years ago

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report :3

6 years ago

Thanks!

Altho not really sure what 'infractions applied' really means.......
Guess it is some kind of penalty?

6 years ago

Infraction system

Infractions replaces bans on "entered sgtools protected giveaway without a valid entry" cases. This new system will use a strike based calculation to ensure that a user is really aware of those infractions before being permanently denied of getting thought sgtools giveaways.

Strike system details:
1. First Strike -> 1 month
2. Second Strike -> 3 months
3. Third Strike -> 6 months
4. Forth+ Strike -> 3000 years (aka perma infraction).

Users currently serving an infraction will see a red bar on the top of every giveaway-related page informing of the time it'll expire. They can do every operation on sgtools apart from qualifying for giveaways and getting the url.
6 years ago

Thanks a lot for the explanation!

6 years ago

Viktaram appid 562300, has been removed from steam

6 years ago*

+1

Was a little worried when I noticed sgtools said I had unactivated wins. But noticed game was removed and figures that must be it,

6 years ago

Added to the whitelist, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Hi,
I'd like to build a train for group, whitelisted, and "public" members but with SGTOOLS control. I'll build "Invite Only" giveaways and protect all theses GA with SGTOOLS (basic and more complex filters). My question is:
if I put a link to a SGTOOLS-protected giveaway INSIDE the description of a (another) Whitelisted giveaway (only whitelisted members should be able to see this link) and if a no-whitelisted member pass the SGTOOLS filter (after leaking of the link), could I ask a reroll?

Thanks for answer

6 years ago

Hi, that is something that Steamgifts support has to answer. My guess is that you should be able to ask for a reroll since it's the same as a leaked puzzle, but better ask Steamgifts support directly!

6 years ago

All Silicon Echo and Zonitron games have been removed from Steam. Their games shows as unactivated now.

6 years ago

Hi, Zonitron & Silicon Echo games are now removed from the store.

I got now false error (not actived) with "Torch Cave" & "The Safeguard Garrison" games. Thanks

6 years ago

Same. here's a list of games and appids - probably not complete, but it's what I had on my account. Might make whitelisting them quicker.

• 331710 Why So Evil
  • 354850 Why So Evil 2: Dystopia
  • 368900 Brilliant Bob
  • 385200 Absconding Zatwor
  • 395980 Break Into Zatwor
  • 397620 GooCubelets
  • 410590 Fiends of Imprisonment
  • 416270 GooCubelets 2
  • 431270 GooCubelets: The Algoorithm
  • 432150 They Came From The Moon
  • 447880 Beast Blaster
  • 449630 Rage Parking Simulator 2016