SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Its your last chance in new... (2017-01-24 22:30:00)
Rover The Dragonslayer (2017-04-30 11:00:00)

6 years ago

Well seems that Volvo messed up things again.
I just added that Pastebin list of games to the whitelist.

Not activated and Multiple wins uses a short term cache of 20 minutes, so 20 minutes from now at most, your wins should change from not activated to whitelisted.

If you find more games that should be added to the list, just write a message here :3

6 years ago

But they are under false positives, and there is no way for people to check them.

6 years ago

I've just passed a SGTools gate and I don't have no more non-activated wins. ^^

Thank you Knsys for cleaning up after Valve, again! :3

6 years ago

Thanks for your awesome work, knsys! 😍

6 years ago

Thank you so much for your effort! Much love <3

6 years ago

Just came here to let you know about it and saw you already took care of it. Thanks for your work!

6 years ago

Great and fast response! ^^ Thank you knsys.

6 years ago

Games wins not activated - Frozen Drift Race (2017-07-02 08:59:00)
This game is for some reason still marked as "non activated"
Although I activated it the same day.

6 years ago

Same for me T.T

6 years ago

Added :3

6 years ago

Thanks! )

6 years ago

Hmm, would make more sense to categorize them in "Games no longer in steamAPI to check" if this change stays?

6 years ago

I guess it's a not so appropriate legacy naming. "Games no longer in steam Api" really means games that Steamgifts doesn't display an App Id for, or the appid was not valid before SGTools got a cached value for it. So it displays old humble bundle packages and games that were removed from steam api around 2 years+ ago.

All Whitelisted games are in fact apps that no longer are in steam Api (or have never been there), so in fact it's the right category to be. The one that is legacy is the other one.

6 years ago

Bug report:
Currently, if a whitelisted game was won in a group or invite-only giveaway with more than 3 winners, it will show up as "probably marked as Not Received".

Can whitelisted games/DLC take precedence over the other categories, as in the majority of cases it will have been activated?

6 years ago

Since they cannot be verified as marked as received, there is no point in trying to categorize them in one of the "api doesn't report as owned" categories, like whitelisted.

6 years ago

At the very least, please change the wording from probably marked as not received to something like may be marked as not received or undetectable in Steam's API.

6 years ago

But the undetectable part doesn't have anything to do with the ability to see the marked as received or not seeing it.

6 years ago

Right now, I have won 5 games listed as "probably marked as not received". That message is completely inaccurate.

You cannot see whether they are marked as received or not received, that is true, but you also cannot see whether they own the game or don't own the game. The two are completely independent. The description of the category strongly implies that the games are almost certainly marked as not received, when this likely not to be the case for uncheckable games.

The description of the category should reflect that.

P.S. Wait... are you saying that if SGTools cannot verify that a game is marked as received or not, it doesn't even try to see if it has been activated?

6 years ago

I agree that the message should be changed, and I'm open for suggestions to change it. But the message should not assume anything and only reflect what we know at that point.

• User doesn't own the game
  • We can't check "marked as received status"

PS: It does check if the user you check own the game, and then it doesn't display anything on "cannot verify marked as received" part.

6 years ago

PS: It does check if the user you check own the game, and then it doesn't display anything on "cannot verify marked as received" part.

Ah, good.

I agree that the message should be changed, and I'm open for suggestions to change it. But the message should not assume anything and only reflect what we know at that point.

Exactly. At the moment the message implies that the most likely explanation is that it is marked as Not Received. My suggested wording (note, I was only suggesting a possible word flow, not the exact words that should be used, hence "something like") provides two possibilities and suggests that one of them may be what has happened. When this is the case, it might be good to indicate that not only cannot the giveaway's received status be determined, but neither can its activated status (maybe with a different colour?).

6 years ago

Specifically whitelisted games and dlc that can never be detected either way should always appear in the wl/dlc categories.

Undetactability always takes precedence over (not)marked in these cases.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago

Have you synced SGT: http://www.sgtools.info/sync ?

6 years ago

Thank you. I was sure I made it, but it works only now.
Have a good day :)

6 years ago

Please whitelist add
Mankind Defender (2017-04-18 13:00:00)
i have library this...

6 years ago*

^ +1

6 years ago

Added :)

6 years ago

Could you show a notification on the tab when a checking is done? It would be fine since the checking can take even several minutes for some users and they often prefer to switch to another tab until it is done. I suggest to change the favicon icon.

6 years ago

The Pastebin you've also used before has been updated with new "removed" games:

548950 Fallen Mage
565880 Frozen Drift Race
548930 Mankind Defender
475990 MTB Downhill Simulator
504360 Rage of the Battlemage
488680 Tower Defense Ultimate
486840 War Truck Simulator
6 years ago

Added to the whitelist, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

It may have been mentioned, but this thread with this reddit-type forum engine is a bit difficult now to follow.

I was wondering if you can expand the rulesets based on Steam API even a little more. For example, if I'd like to give away a DLC, but I would like to filter for people who not only have the base game, but have x amount of play time in it.

6 years ago

Storing that kind of data to the DB is not feasible right now, it would grow way too big to handle with current server.
And having to do an on demand api call on every user check that uses that kind of filter may be too much for the maximum number of api calls for day.

6 years ago

Aw. Well, was worth a try.

6 years ago

I got two leaked entries.
https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/b6724c8a-5b71-11e7-a98a-fa163ee2f826
One user on Ace Combat Assault - Enhanced edition, Octodad: Deadliest Catch and Spaera.
One user on Project Highrise.

6 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Welp one of them was me, just to explain myself, someone linked me the GA (because it was on my wishlist for a long time, but I have bought it myself now) and didnt fucking tell me it was a SGtools protected GA.... dumb part is that I could pass the check just fine, but I guess I deserve it for not checking where the GA came from.

6 years ago

you should never enter private GAs when you are linkled them by someone else that GA creator (unless there is permission in GA desription itself, like "please share with your friends" etc). Even if there were no SGT protection both you and your friend were breaking the SG rules nonetheless - leaking GA URL and entering leaked GA.

6 years ago

Isn't that just for puzzle/completely hidden GAs links? At least that was my understanding, since there isn't really any difference from linking someone a thread on the forum and saying "Hey, if you click on "train" you will find a GA for something you really like" and just linking the GA itself?

6 years ago

sorry, couldn't reply earlier - no it's not, you are not allowed to leak/share any private GA link unless you are specifically told it's ok by GA creator - like in GA description. Puzzles are different thing - if you leak puzzle answer you will get suspended for puzzle leaking, if you leak GA url (or GA code as well) it's considered GA leaking and results in longer suspension (also if it was SGT protected GA it may result in you being permamently banned from SGT).

As for the second part of your argument it really depends on context and would be left for support to decide (but best to be protected - never link/hint there's some GA, better safe than sorry), as it may differ a lot. If I make a thread called "Big train with 100 GAs" then link directly to said train without SGT protection and you shared thread with someone I guess it wouldn't be leaking per se, on the other hand if I make suspicious thread and hide link top train somewhere in it nad you PM your friend saying "check out this topic - there is GA hidden in it" it would already be a puzzle leak and if for example said friend reported you you would get suspended.

6 years ago

Sorry for late reply as well, couldn't write an answer when I first saw it and then I forgot about it.

From here, suspension permission section:

Revealing Puzzle Information or Games 24 hours

Revealing Puzzle URLs 3 days

It says nothing about linking someone a non puzzle GA.

From the guidelines:

Respect the privacy of invite only giveaways, and if you're invited to a private giveaway, do not share the link with other users unless given permission by the giveaway creator.

I honestly don't think a giveaway posted on the forum for every one to see can be considered as private, since anyone can access to it, even if they are not logged into the site. If it would just say "invited to a giveaway" sure ok, but since it says private my understanding is that it refers to giveaways where the creator gives the link to it privately to a few selected people. I might be wrong, but honestly it should be rewritten to make it more clear.

For your second paragraph I actually 100% agree. I should have noted that when saying

At least that was my understanding, since there isn't really any difference from linking someone a thread on the forum and saying "Hey, if you click on "train" you will find a GA for something you really like" and just linking the GA itself?

I meant a discussion where the link to the train is completely visible for anyone to enter.

6 years ago*

I guess you just found remaining of old SGv1 days in FAQ that haven't been fixed yet ;p But really - leaking Invite Only GA is not allowed unless you are allowed to do so. Private in this particular context does not mean what you think it does, but ofc now that you quoted it I can easilly see where your misconception comes from ^^ So let me explain. FAQ and guidelines were written in SGv1 times (so over 5 years ago), since then SG transformed into it's v2 version, FAQ got reworked, but not rewritten from the scratch. Things that changed were changed, some things got removed, other added, but many of it's content still dates back to old days. Now main thing - in SGv1, so in times when FAQ got written, there were many differences in GAs compared to now (for example no levels, just CV, no WL/BL) but difference that is important here was that "Invite Only" GAs were called "Private" GAs back them. So when creating GA you had 3 options to choose: Public, Group and Private. In this context and if you're invited to a private giveaway, do not share the link with other users unless given permission by the giveaway creator private means you cannot link to invite only GA unless you are allowed to do so. So most probably someone forgot to change "private" to "invite only" in guidelines while GA type got renamed in SGv2 ;p

6 years ago

I only been here for 11 months, so I genuinely had no idea about all this and though it was referring to something else. Thank you very much for explaining! I will keep to the rules now. Cg should really fix it tho, so stuff like this doesn't happen in the future.

6 years ago

yeah, I noticed your profile age, then your comment with a quote and I connected the dot and got where the misunderstanding could come from, that's why I explained why it's like that ;)

6 years ago

http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/5cdba440-51fc-11e7-a98a-fa163ee2f826

The same stowaway in the World of Diving, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Legend of Kay, The River of Alice and Underwater Adventure cars, found by the train checker. He doesn't show up in the SGTools gate entries.

6 years ago*

Infraction applied, thanks for the report! :3

6 years ago

You're so welcome! :3

6 years ago

Another anomaly. I have this giveaway: eab57d8c-5f26-11e7-a98a-fa163ee2f826
Its rule is (owned+Steam wishlisted games) <= (public sent). My only entry has 928 games + 277 wishlist, yet could enter with 620 public keys sent. What gives?

6 years ago

At first I thought maybe the user wiped their wishlist temporarily but that still wouldn't get them under the threshold. I figured I would try again ... if it helps narrow down an issue, here are my stats:

472 games (according to Steam, 480 to SG) + 33 wishlist
303 public GAs

Also, happy cakeday!

6 years ago

This is indeed curious. I'll keep an eye on both users, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Another one. 750 sent public and 1300 keys sent altogether, 2500+ owned games. I think there is something wrong with the requests regarding library size, because this is the second giveaway and the second person on this one where the exact same problem happens.

6 years ago

I just run it on my own account:

num_owned_games: 1509, num_wishlisted_games: 31, num_sent_public: 182

Everything seems normal πŸ€”

6 years ago

You are currently serving an infraction until 2017-08-09 21:15:19 NY Time
Why I see this info? I have all games activated and always entering throught sgtools gate....

6 years ago*

You entered a Deus Ex: Mankind Divided sgtools protected giveaway with a leaker url.

6 years ago

6 years ago

Yes, that train. And no, you did not pass sgtools gate, you didn't even tried to pass it (not a single flag on database).

6 years ago

I got the message about connection time out everytime trying acccess SGT site, do you have any idea how to fix it? SGT is the only website has this problem, and few days ago things still worked just fine.

6 years ago

I'm not getting the error myself, and usually if the website goes down, I get a ton of notifications.

Do you still have the problem?

6 years ago

Indeed, I asked other people and they said the site works fine for them. I still have the problem, must be a day or more already, I don't think I touched anything on my system lately, and changing browser doesn't help. That's really weird.
These photos took at the moment I wrote this, on Chrome and Waterfox (Firefox). Sorry some words are not in English.

Edit: Today I tried to access SGT again and bamp, it worked perfectly fine. I still have no idea what happened but so nice that I finally can access it.

View attached image.
View attached image.
6 years ago*

Do you have any other problems with other servers hosted on ovh?

6 years ago

Can you give me example about those servers? But sadly at this time I can access SGT just fine. so the higher chance that there is not any problem I can find on the same type of server. Do you think they affect base on region where I access? Not sure but I have a feeling about it.

6 years ago

Hi there. I am so very confused - I'm trying to make my first ever train using this tool ;D But when I pasted the list of Invite Only urls, I came across this page (Edit Giveaway Filters) with some very intimidating numbers.

I understood filters like Activated All Won Games, VAC banned easy enough. But the bit about Real CV boggled the heck out of me. All I wanted was a filter.. something like you must have made giveaways within the the past X months etc to be able to enter. Am I asking too much? I'm sorry if I missed some kind of tutorial or guide. Can someone help? ;D

View attached image.
6 years ago

I wanted was a filter.. something like you must have made giveaways within the the past X months

I don't think this is a filter like this. You don't need to fill in those numbers if you don't want to use them. The easiest way I found to "learn" SGTools was by looking at other's rules and trying to parse them. Now that there is the "Custom Rule Builder" you can pretty easily review the list of filter options.

6 years ago

Oh, so I can ignore that bunch of numbers? Great! I did hear that I'm supposed to get staff to approve if I want to make 'special rules' however.

6 years ago

special rules == rules not supported by custom rules/SG/SGTools

Here is an example custom filter I used a while back:

level >= 3.0 AND (real_sent_public + real_sent_private) >= 50 AND real_sent_region_free >= 50 AND last_multiple_win <= date_modify(date('now'), '-2 years')

This means, essentially, that anyone that has qualified for L3 with region free public or private GAs gets the link from SGTools to join the GA. I also had the "Activated all won games" checkbox checked, and added that the user couldn't have won the same game twice in the last two years (slightly more forgiving than never having won a game twice - reasoning here)

6 years ago

Wow that sounds complicated to me... All I want is to make a train and set some conditions.. ;D

But thank you so much for responding! And for your patience :)

6 years ago

I have looked for the same filter of most recent giveaway date, something which isn't there.
It would be useful in cases where for example, someone reached level 2 ages ago, and haven't made a giveaway since; and I am not wanting to enforce the ratio filter.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago

I can't see any "Ace Combat Assault Horizon" on the sgtools giveaway. The giveaway is created as a single one. not a train.

6 years ago

I just failed an SGTools check saying I have not activated Keen Dreams. It looks like Keen Dreams has been removed from Steam, but it still shows up in my owned games list.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Added to whitelist, thanks for the report

6 years ago

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

This SGTools giveaway has an invalid entry. Must have been leaked, I guess, but I don't know when or where.

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report! :3

6 years ago

One more with an invalid entry.

I wish I could figure out how these leaks actually happened!

6 years ago

Infraction applied :3

Well, someone who got the url in a legit way has passed it to him. It's quite pointless, but they keep doing it.

6 years ago

I still see the invalid entries. Am I correct in thinking that they can't be removed from the GA? So if they win, I have to request a re-roll?

6 years ago

If they happen to win, you have to fill a reroll request indicating that they didn't pass the rules and got the url from a leaked source.

SGT can't do anything on SG, they are two different websites.

6 years ago

Bump! :3

6 years ago

Hi, this GA has an invalid entry http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/dd280ed2-70a8-11e7-a309-fa163ee2f826 It actually seems to be from a farming account (only 1 friend), so I assume the leak would come from another account in the "team"

6 years ago*

Infraction applied, thanks for the report. His "friend" didn't get the url, but having a multiaccount on SG is punished with a permaban.
Feel free to open a support ticket for this.

6 years ago

The same person in both GAs: 1 2

6 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

There's a change in the SG giveaways.

According to this post the type 3 no value games would count towards +1 sent giveaways and that would allow users to enter SGTools giveaways with a sent ratio based on games with no value.

Can SGTools see the difference between the first 3 types of giveaways?

1. Full Value Games: Full contributor value when they are given away.
  2. Reduced Value Games: 15% contributor value when they are given away after a set date.
  3. No Value Games: No contributor value when they are given away after a set date.
  4. Free Games: Not able to be given away, because they are currently free.

And if yes are there (sent ratio) reqs possible that would take into account the first 3 types of giveaways?

This is a list of free games.

6 years ago*

I've read the post, changes are always a nice thing :)

About what SGT can do with the new changes, first I'll need to check out exactly what kind of data we have when the new system kicks in. Free giveaways will get a distinct mark? They'll just be worth 0 Points? We'll see how it's implemented at the end.

About the number of sent games, it all depends if there is a mark or not about the number of free sent games. Right now SGT reads the value of the profile.

6 years ago

They are, mostly. :-)

I don't know about any mark but maybe we'll get some more information later as for now there's just what's in the thread of Cg and a few posts on the Discord server.

Edit: Actually there will be a mark ( ** ) but I don't know if SGTools could\can read it :

For assistance, when you're creating a giveaway, the game list will show * next to games that are Reduced Value Games, and ** next to games that are No Value Games. Keep in mind, these icons are just for reference, and similar to before, the value of a giveaway can change if we need to make retroactive changes.

6 years ago*

Let's see how it's implemented in the end.

The mark is only on giveaway creation time, so it's not useful for later use :\

6 years ago

If we don't get separate list like we do with https://www.steamgifts.com/bundle-games possible solution would be implementation of list the same way as the whitelist is implemented onto SGT - people could report freebies as they now report false positives. But for now obviously best course is to wait and see finished implementation on SG:>

6 years ago

It all depends on CG's implementations indeed.
I guess he'll opt for 0P giveaways, that would solve the CV calculations and the giveaways will be easily recognizable.

6 years ago

I think these will not be 0P, otherwise they would just be feed for the bots - abke to join unlimited number of GAs.

6 years ago

I have seen 1 so far, and it does cost points based on API price so there won't be any easy solution from that perspective

6 years ago

If the giveaway is public, can you link it here so I can check it?

6 years ago

unfortunately, it was a WL GA. If I see a public one before someone else has commented, I'll reply again

6 years ago

Thanks for the link!

Unfortunately there is no difference between a normal giveaway and a 0 CV giveaway. What a mess

6 years ago

Let's wait for a "free"-list.

6 years ago

Hopefully there will be a solution to this.

I get that the no value games giveaways give no CV value so that there's no CV abuse. But getting +1 to sent giveaways is also an abuse for ratio and SGTools giveaways.

6 years ago

I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but I currently don't pass a basic requirement placed on giveaways. Does this mean I'm unable to use SG giveaways unless the person doing a giveaway removes that rule or is there a redemption/ waiting period to change it?

6 years ago

You have a double win, the only way to fix this would be to contact the persons who made those 2 GAs and see if one is willing to delete their GA against some kind of compensation.
But yeah, otherwise your only bet is if the person doing the GA doesn't use that rule. I've seen one or two people putting a time frame (like "last double win is more than 1 year ago"), but it's not trivial to do so almost nobody does it

6 years ago

Bump! :3

6 years ago

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.