SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

You entered a SGTools protected giveaway for Hell Girls without a valid entry.
That means your second strike -> 3 months.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago*

Hey Knsys, do you have updated stats since 07/04/2017?

It's for in my upcoming SGTools train. ;-)

6 years ago*

Here you go

STATS (08/05/2017)

• Number of users: 28.339
  • Number of users that are giveaway creators: 1.328
  • Number of users serving infractions: 31
  • Number of banned: 19
  • Ad-block Activated: 56,99%
  • Ad-block Not Activated: 43,01%
6 years ago

Thank you! ^^

6 years ago

Hi knsys, I have 1 invalid entry on my GA:
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/b694431d-2b34-11e7-9500-fa163ee2f826/invalidEntries

It's the one that starts with a letter 'A'
Please ignore the one that starts with a letter 'U', because he entered with the direct GA link that I mistakenly gave out

6 years ago

Applied infraction on the user "A". Thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Thanks a lot :)

6 years ago

Hello =) I'm having an issue with the DLC bug . Made a discussion thread not knowing this existed and i've pointed out here.
I'd greatly appreciate helping me out. Thanks =)
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/TRrDu/sgtools-unactivated-winsdlc-bug

6 years ago

6 years ago

Suggestion: Would it be possible to implement a rule that checks to see if someone posted in a specific forum post before a certain date and time.

6 years ago

zero opposition to it here, but what would it's use be for exactly? i'm not quite following how/why that would be useful is all i mean.

6 years ago

It is possible to do, but I fail to see the point of it. In which scenarios such a thing would be useful?

6 years ago

If one were to make a forum post asking for help/advice and wanted to create a giveaway to thank those that participated by adding a giveaway afterwards. This way the SGTools link can be posted publicly in the post after the problem/advice has been solved/fulfilled and not have to worry any random user that comes in afterwards. The only way I can see doing it now is to go through the post and witelist dozens of people.

6 years ago

It makes sense for some cases indeed, but I'm not sure it'd be used often (or at all).
If it gets more people interest I will think in implementing it though. Let's see what people say about it!

6 years ago

I remember I posted here before, but DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 should be removed from the whitelisted games now.

Reason: Steam API now detects the game properly. See image.
http://i.imgur.com/V7srTYS.png

6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, removed from whitelist!

6 years ago

SGTools needs a filter taking into consideration a user's % of wins played.
IMHO this is of higher importance than things like "wishlist" filters.
I know a lot of people who would gladly use that filter if offered.

There's already a script for it, which means the data can be mined and cached.

6 years ago

Such an option would be very useful initially, but long term I think there's a high chance that it would encourage some users to use SAM and ASF/IdleMaster. Faking CV is much more difficult.

6 years ago

this would be one of the few filters i wouldn't particularly care for personally, however i don't see it being any more of an encouragement then the wishlist filtering encouraging people to wishlist everything in the store.

6 years ago

This isn't supposed to encourage anything. It's supposed to give GA creators the power to enforce the amount of entries that they want.

Wishlisting everything doesn't really increase the chances of being able to enter wishlist-based GAs, because most GA creators define a limit for wishlist size (usually 300~500 games).

6 years ago

same could be said for the purposed filter too though..

it's not supposed to encourage anything either. it's supposed to give ga creators the power to enforce the type of entries they want.

idling everything doesn't increase odds either. at least no more then wishlisting everything does.

xD

6 years ago

I mistakenly took your response as one to my comment below rather than to Tzaar's proposal, so just scratch it off :-)

6 years ago

ahh, no.. i'm totally for that filter update. it makes perfect sense to me. ^^
tzaar's i wouldn't care for too much, but it really shouldn't hurt anything either. i still understand it's desire too.

6 years ago

% of win with at-least some achievement can reduce such matter.
And beside users not using ASF/IdleMaster would be a rare case. If you have number of games that you haven't played yet and there's still card drop left, and steam sales is coming, you'd probably use it.

6 years ago

It's an interesting filter indeed, but it's a little more tricky to implement that it may seem.

For each game that a user owns, you need to make a call to steam api. Problem is that the number of api calls you can do a day is limited.
That's why the script asks for your steam api keys, in order to not use all of the creator's api calls in a breeze (apart that sharing your api key could be potentially bad for the one doing so).

As you can imagine, SGT already does a lot of api calls during the day, so reaching the limit would be a real concern if that is implemented. If someone wants to host a cache for that, I could query it and implement the filter.

6 years ago

I have an idea for one way around that problem. Maybe giveaway creators could give their own api key to SGTools, like people already do at SG to to use the Are You Even Playing script. Then the giveaway creator's api key would be used to check anyone who tries to enter one of their giveaways which has a games-played rule on it.

This seems like too obvious a solution so I'm wondering if there's some hidden complications I'm not seeing. How many calls can someone's api key can handle in a day? I mean a giver's api key wouldn't easily get overwhelmed, would it? I don't think people normally set up a huge amount of sgtools giveaways at one time especially as they're often used to start trains.

Edit: Somehow I missed the part about someone having to host a cache. I'm not sure now how much my suggestion even applies.

6 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Exactly what Daerphen says.
Requests limits makes it impossible for sgtools to handle it with all of the other functionalities and asking for people's API Keys is a no-no.

6 years ago

How about changing "Maximum number of Entries (Given URLs)" so that it checks actual current number of entries in the GA instead of URL? If someone wants to limit to 5 entries, for example, they're likely to end up with less because some users just get the link without actually entering the GA. If they increase the value of this option they may end up with more entries than they want. Checking the actual number of entries would allow exact matching.

6 years ago

It's like that because once SGT gives away the url to someone, that person can enter the giveaway whenever he wants. So at the end, if I check number of entries in the giveaway instead of number of links given away, there could be more entries that is supposed to be.

6 years ago

Got a leaked entry:
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/7ed3f0ee-3837-11e7-9500-fa163ee2f826

The user entered a bunch of giveaways, including Krinkle Krusher

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

I just checked it, and it's a true positive. Check out your giveaways keys, maybe you forgot to use one?

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

I see that you already fixed it :)

6 years ago

I was wondering, how come Whitelist giveaways are combined with group giveaways (num_sent_group) ? Would it be possible to separate them into their own variables?

Also, is it currently possible to check how old a users SG account is? There are some variables related to the date, but not sure how to get that info using them.

6 years ago*

It's like these, because for steamgifts itself, whitelist giveaways are a subtype of group giveaways.

It's not currently possible to know the age of a SG account, why would you want to be able to check that?

6 years ago

Just thought it might be interesting to do a giveaway specifically for long time SG veterans.

6 years ago

Another person entered through a leaked link. You can find them in the Day of the Tentacle giveaway (among others):
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/9d1925f3-3b51-11e7-9500-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

6 years ago

Hello
I have won giveaway from this train - https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/5JKgn/just-mini-train-ended
and after that SGtools lists it as unactivated
21 May, 2017 Racecraft Techdemo for Beta Testing - Retail
http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/tetsuj1n

What should I do in this case ? mark as not received (doesn't help) because I have marked received when activated key

Seems to be wrong key by GA creator ?
I wrote in that topic just in case

6 years ago

What should I do in this case ? mark as not received

i think so.

you won:
https://steamdb.info/app/346610/

you received:
https://steamdb.info/app/415500/

and i'm pretty sure this one would fall under the "no beta keys" rule.

or give permission for deletion. your call there.

6 years ago

Yeah, and apparently I am not the only one who got it.
I can't link you directly to GA since it is private GA
But if you go that that train link you can find that GA there.
Anyway thanks for advice, I will be communicating with GA creator and resolving it, I am ok with deleting the GA and not receiving correct key, because $hit can happen with anyone πŸ˜ƒ

6 years ago

ahh yeah i see that. that's kinda the risk of getting stuff directly from a dev. a lot of the times they only hand out demo or beta versions of it instead of the full version. in this case they are separate licensing, and don't appear to have the same content.

6 years ago

since you didn't receive the game listed, you should probably un-mark "received" so your account isn't flagged while the issue gets resolved.

6 years ago

Can't unmark now, it has 1 week cool down.
Will be a lesson for me, to be more attentive when activating 🀑

6 years ago

Is that new? I know you can't mark "not received" yet but can't you just click "received" again to put it back to a waiting state?

6 years ago

WOAH Thanks!
I am ashamed that ! didn't knew that... and my account is 4 years heh 🐷
I just never stumbled in situations like this
Thanks again for advice πŸ˜€ Unmarked it

6 years ago

HALP!!

http://www.sgtools.info is down, what to do, WHAT TO DO??

View attached image.
6 years ago

Damn right panic, and just when I was thinking of whitelisting people.
I really was whittling down my whitelist.

6 years ago

WHAT TO DO??

View attached image.
6 years ago

It was either the first one, or the second one (very clichΓ©)

View attached image.
View attached image.
6 years ago*

View attached image.
6 years ago

Thank knsys, it's back!

View attached image.
6 years ago

I cannot joint giveaways, it gives me strange error code for the rules. Rules checker says that I did not activated some dlc, but they are activated... it it because of that?

6 years ago

strange error code

that info would probably be helpful to be specific on why you failed the check. not all sgtool invite only links are merely "rules checkers" only though, some of them have requirements such as 1:1 sent/won ratio, or relative. you may simply just be failing one of those checks instead. it certainly doesn't look to me like you would fail an actual rulecheck, and it also doesn't have anything to do with dlc.

6 years ago

Here are some exmpls:

Custom rule: trade_ban == false and community_ban == false and pass_activated_rule == true and pass_multiple_rule == true and ((level == 0 and raw_won <= 210) or (level <= 3 and raw_sent >= 0.1 and raw_won <= 233.34level and (real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.667)) or (level > 3 and ((raw_won <= 0.025levellevel(3400-levellevellevel)) or (((real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.25) or ((real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.95) and (real_won_region_free <= (real_sent_region_free + level*12)))) and ((real_sent_group / real_sent_cv <= 0.334) or ((real_sent_group / real_sent_cv <= 0.9) and ((real_sent_cv - real_sent_group) / (real_won_cv - real_won_group) >= 0.7843)))))))

Custom rule: num_wishlisted_games <= 1 and trade_ban == false and community_ban == false and pass_activated_rule == true and pass_multiple_rule == true and ((level == 0 and raw_won <= 210) or (level <= 3 and raw_sent >= 0.1 and raw_won <= 233.34level and (real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.667)) or (level > 3 and ((raw_won <= 0.025levellevel(3400-levellevellevel)) or (((real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.25) or ((real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.95) and (real_won_region_free <= (real_sent_region_free + level*12)))) and ((real_sent_group / real_sent_cv <= 0.334) or ((real_sent_group / real_sent_cv <= 0.9) and ((real_sent_cv - real_sent_group) / (real_won_cv - real_won_group) >= 0.7843)))))))

Custom rule: trade_ban == false and community_ban == false and pass_activated_rule == true and pass_multiple_rule == true and ((level == 0 and raw_won <= 210) or (level <= 3 and raw_sent >= 0.1 and raw_won <= 233.34level and (real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.667)) or (level > 3 and ((raw_won <= 0.025levellevel(3400-levellevellevel)) or (((real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.25) or ((real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.95) and (real_won_region_free <= (real_sent_region_free + level*12)))) and ((real_sent_group / real_sent_cv <= 0.334) or ((real_sent_group / real_sent_cv <= 0.9) and ((real_sent_cv - real_sent_group) / (real_won_cv - real_won_group) >= 0.7843)))))))

If you could tell me how to read it.. 😜

6 years ago

Seems to me you won too much and given too little region free stuff. But I have not check each rule properly.

6 years ago

whew, that's a very in-depth rule. i'm not the best at reading them personally, but that looks like it has some fairly hefty ratio rules involved. including region restrictions, group to public ratios, and overall ratios all combined into one giant rule. it's not the steamgifts rules you are failing though, just the rules of that particular private giveaway.

6 years ago

Well, if you tell us what that "strange error" says, maybe we can help you understand why you can't join the giveaways.

6 years ago

Here are some exmpls:

Custom rule: num_wishlisted_games <= 1 and trade_ban == false and community_ban == false and pass_activated_rule == true and pass_multiple_rule == true and ((level == 0 and raw_won <= 210) or (level <= 3 and raw_sent >= 0.1 and raw_won <= 233.34level and (real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.667)) or (level > 3 and ((raw_won <= 0.025levellevel(3400-levellevellevel)) or (((real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.25) or ((real_sent_region_restricted / real_sent_cv <= 0.95) and (real_won_region_free <= (real_sent_region_free + level*12)))) and ((real_sent_group / real_sent_cv <= 0.334) or ((real_sent_group / real_sent_cv <= 0.9) and ((real_sent_cv - real_sent_group) / (real_won_cv - real_won_group) >= 0.7843)))))))

6 years ago

Those are not errors. Those are custom rules that some users used to protect their giveaway.

If you cannot enter the giveaways where those custom rules are, it's because you don't pass those custom rules.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

6 years ago*

kinda the same as the message above. you pass literal steamgifts rules so it's not that, its a customized rule you're failing and we'd need the custom rule string in order to attempt to decipher which part you failed. (though i'm not that great at deciphering them personally)

edit: oh well your edit changes things. wait it out and try back later, steam api is wonky atm then.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

6 years ago

THE FRACTURED BUT WHOLE is causing all sorts of problems again

just needs a good release

πŸ’©

6 years ago

Updated release date at October, 18th.

Thanks for the report!

6 years ago

happy cake day!

6 years ago

Hello, after asking Steamgifts support for assistance, I'm redirected here to ask for help in regards to two "not activated Gifts on account" showing up in the rules checker.

Could you please let me know what the process is (if any) to get things resolved once and for all ? It's been two years and I want my profile clean. I've already documented both situations, upon which Steamgifts support has not been able to act. I am frustrated and feel like I'm going round in circles here :(

6 years ago

Buy the games or trade for them.

6 years ago

the only thing you can really do for them is to activate them. whether it be purchase them yourself, trade for them, activate them if they never were touched, etc.

6 years ago

Thanks for the quick response !
So basically I just need to purchase the two games in question and redeem them, in order to have my sgtools profile clean ?

6 years ago

Yes.

6 years ago

Thank you for your help !

6 years ago

Got a leaked entry:
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/debc056f-452d-11e7-91b0-fa163ee2f826
Only entered the non-bundled game from the train. :p

6 years ago

6 years ago

Hi knsys,

did you maybe change something about the number of characters in a name being taken into account? I just did not pass a check because the tools says I won Humble Bundle for Android 3 twice. Which I kinda did but it actually was Humble Bundle for Android 3 (Above Average) and Humble Bundle for Android 3 (Below Average). Do you have an idea what's causing this?

6 years ago

Maybe is a change on Steamgifts itself.

Usually SGT ignores the names and checks for multiple wins using the steam link (appid or subid). But when this is not available, like on this case, it uses the name of the game to check it. It seems that at least now Steamgifts doesn't show the full name, it uses the typical three dots that means that the name is longer.

So if you go see your profile and filter by "humble bundle", you'll see that they actually have the same name Humble Bundle for Android 3..., so SGT see them as the same exact game.

I guess SG used to apply the name shortening by css and was representing the full value of the title in the html and now it just shorts the name in html. That's why it flags as multiple wins (and looking at your profile it does look like that). So the obvious solution is that SG reverts to display the full name.

6 years ago

I asked cg to take a look. Is there an alternative in case he can't work it out?

6 years ago

None that I can't think of right now.

You can ask support if you can unmark as received or mark as not received the one that the giveaway creator has been away from the site for 1 year, until things get addressed (he won't miss the CV).

I'll remember it if you got triggered by anti cheat on SGT, so don't worry about that :)

6 years ago

Bump! ^^

6 years ago

got three leaked entries. Thank you for the hard work! :D

https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/17928c67-50cb-11e7-a98a-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Hey Knsys, do you have updated SGTools stats please?

It's for the usual reason. ^^

6 years ago

STATS (15/06/2017)

• Number of users: 29.051
  • Number of users that are giveaway creators: 1.368
  • Number of users serving infractions: 32
  • Number of banned: 19
  • Ad-block Activated: 58,21%
  • Ad-block Not Activated: 41,79%
6 years ago

Thank you! ^^

6 years ago

Hi there. Not sure where to report this but I was directed to this threat. The following game http://store.steampowered.com/app/251870/Go_Go_Nippon_My_First_Trip_to_Japan/
does not appear to be activated and I don't see it on the Whitelist. What do I do? I'm just doing a check for this giveaway that just ended

6 years ago

Same with this too, not on the whitelist (Am I doing it right? I'm a bit foggy and in pain right now ;D ) http://store.steampowered.com/app/487030/Beasts_Battle/

6 years ago

you haven't even won either one of those games, so i have to say i'm a little confused as to what you even mean. do you mean you checked a winner and they didn't activate them?

if that's the case, then you create a support ticket for "Request New Winner" reason "Did not activated games this month" (regardless of how old the infraction is), and just give them the titles of the non-activated and/or multiple wins.

6 years ago*

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. As mentioned not feeling very good. I mean to say that I have these two giveaways and so am checking out the winners through sgtools. In the Not Activated part it shows that the above games doesn't seem to be activated, and they are not on the whitelist. Sgtools suggested I report these games, so here I am?

6 years ago

ahh okay, sorry i had edited my comment above on what to do in this situation.. ignore the "this month" part though as it sounds much more misleading then it really is. re-roll (request a new winner) and support will either tell you if they've already served their suspensions for those non-activations and deny the ticket, or they will approve the re-roll while suspending them for the appropriate time (depending on priors).

6 years ago

That's helpful! Thank you!

6 years ago

no problem, good luck! =)

6 years ago

My giveaway is restricted to RU+CIS and Invite Only but sgtools doesn't allow me to create giveaway reporting that it's not private. Is it bug or i am missing something?

6 years ago

SGTools can not handle region restricted giveaways.

6 years ago

Sad situation.
Thanks!

6 years ago

You're welcome Joseph! :-)

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.