SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bump! ^^

6 years ago

New round of banned games.

• 321110 Fist of Jesus
  • 334010 Fist of Jesus Short Film and Soundtrack
  • 585010 Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days
  • 617900 Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days - Soundtrack
6 years ago

Added to the whitelist, thanks :D

6 years ago

Some new customers:
d535d532-caa6-11e7-b317-fa163ee2f826
0dc043ab-caa7-11e7-b317-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the reports! :)

6 years ago

Thank you again for SGTools, Knsys! <3

In my last train that ran for just over 3 weeks with both bundled and unbundled games and after checking with the invalid entries tab, the train checker and manually with SGTools links on SG profile there was not one invalid entry to be found! ❤️💙💛 👍👍👍

6 years ago

That is great to hear! :)

Thanks for your long long trains

6 years ago

Yes!

You're so welcome! :3

6 years ago

Hi, I won Disney Mega Pack and now Pure is showing as not activated. It was part of the pack but it was removed from the store.

6 years ago

Added to the whitelist, sorry for the delay!

6 years ago

Hey knsys,

I have a simple question; Is there any automatic/manuel system to ban all invalid giveaway entrants? The thing I have in my mind is create some rules for some giveaways but I'd like give giveaway link to some users (e.g. my whitelist) even though they can't pass rules. Is this ok?

6 years ago

There is no automated system for applying infractions. They are only applied per giveaway creator request and the creator can tell me whose users are allowed to have invalid entries so that they are not punished.

6 years ago

Thanks for the answer <3
Being said that; is it possible to add whitelist as a rule? :D
Something like "(no vac ban and cv > 1) or whitelisted"

6 years ago

There is no way for the website to know who is in your whitelist

6 years ago

I can't find any variables for excluding (or including for the sake of modification by formulas) <5 entry giveaways, either in sent or won.
What are the variables for that? I assume there are some, given how much that ties into core filter considerations [especially given that SGT inexplicably counts free games at full value by default, which can lead to awkward situations where someone bypasses a level-associated CV requirement but still can't enter a giveaway due to having a SG-toggled level requirement also implemented, so it'd be nice to be able to avoid that ].

I also don't see any variables for including free game CV value to any degree, and that feels like another one that has some workable value to it (ie, if people want to treat free games as 10% value rather than 0%, for example).

6 years ago*

There is no custom rule variable for those type of giveaways (<5 entries), but they are not counted for CV calculations that are specific (bundled, nonbundles, region restricted and so on). They are only counted on the base real CV calculations (won and sent). This is because SGT uses the official number calculated by the website for the global num/sent calculations to avoid confusing people that double checks with profile.
And I maintain the <5 entries as "no cv" in all other more specific calculations because I still think CV should be a 0sum game.

Free games are counted as 0 value at SGT... if SGT knows that the game is a free one! The main problem here is that the isn't a list of free games, like the one with bundled games, so I need manual user reports for them to be added to the free games list on SGT side.

Yep, there isn't any variable on free games, SGT just sees them as a 0 CV gift. Is there any real interest on counting them on any other way?

6 years ago

There is no custom rule variable for those type of giveaways (<5 entries), but they are not counted for CV calculations that are specific (bundled, nonbundles, region restricted and so on). They are only counted on the base real CV calculations (won and sent). This is because SGT uses the official number calculated by the website for the global num/sent calculations to avoid confusing people that double checks with profile.
And I maintain the <5 entries as "no cv" in all other more specific calculations because I still think CV should be a 0sum game.

You seem to be indicating that <5 entries don't count for any form of RealCV calculation on SGT by default? So it's only on the Win/Sent profile pages (eg http://www.sgtools.info/sent/[Username]/newestfirst) where SGT RealCV reporting doesn't match up to what SG has? 'cause I noticed a lot of users showing much higher values there than on SG itself, which is why I was concerned about mismatched entry conditions.

Free games are counted as 0 value at SGT... if SGT knows that the game is a free one! The main problem here is that the isn't a list of free games, like the one with bundled games, so I need manual user reports for them to be added to the free games list on SGT side.

I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for all your work!
I suppose this could also be a reason for SGT reporting different CV than SG?

Yep, there isn't any variable on free games, SGT just sees them as a 0 CV gift. Is there any real interest on counting them on any other way?

Oh, I just thought there might be some interesting theme utilizations for it (say, making a distinction between a user who hasn't given away anything at all, to one who has at least given away "fake CV"), but give that most free game giveaways are going to be exploitative in nature, I don't imagine there'd be much overall interest in nitpicking the nuances of such things. Even my bringing it up was based more in "while we're on the topic, I'm curious" than any firm intention to utilize such variables myself.

6 years ago*

1. Internally it always ignore <5 entries (gives 0 cv value), the difference in CV has to be the free games that are not tagged as free in SGT.
  2. That is mostly the reason to show different CV values in sent. Won values will be different, as SG does count <5 entries as full value.
  3. People tend to abuse everything, that's why we can't have nice things in this little world :\
6 years ago

Okay, I think I got it now.
So, is there a way to calculate total won CV including <5 entries- say, if you were trying to do a filter that only cared about total won being below (or above) a certain point, and didn't really care about SG politics regarding what counts for CV value?

It'd be cool to be able to have the freedom available to us to make a filter such as (CV+LessThan5EntriesCV+ (FreeCV*0.10)), say if you wanted to make a filter for catering specifically to newer site users (without having to worry about some outlier coming in with a hundred free games won, or something), or if you wanted a way to catch exploitative lessthan5entry groups, or whatever else you could use such filters for.

That is to say, it feels rather against SGT's "freedom to filter by GA creator preferences" to have any sort of value preset [except where the option doesn't exist to make it anything else], regardless of what SG classifies it as (since people may not agree with those classifications).

Also, this may not really be something within your scope of interest or expertise, but a script we could activate which tags games on SG that SGT recognizes as free, with the option for us to simply one-click from the SG site to send in a report that a game isn't matching free status between the sites, could really make your tracking of free games more efficient, if that's an arrangement that's possible to put into a script. Just a passing thought. :)

6 years ago*

So, is there a way to calculate total won CV including <5 entries- say, if you were trying to do a filter that only cared about total won being below (or above) a certain point, and didn't really care about SG politics regarding what counts for CV value?

Basic real_won will give you that since it uses base steamgifts real cv for won (that includes <5 entries). If you want to exclude those entries, you could sum real_cv_bundled + unbundled for example.

It'd be cool to be able to have the freedom available to us to make a filter such as (CV+LessThan5EntriesCV+ (FreeCV*0.10)), say if you wanted to make a filter for catering specifically to newer site users (without having to worry about some outlier coming in with a hundred free games won, or something), or if you wanted a way to catch exploitative lessthan5entry groups, or whatever else you could use such filters for.

Right now the only part that you cannot calculate in any way is the freeCV. So for something like that to work we'd need the freeCV cached value. It's easily doable, but we need first a way to properly calculate that freeCV -> get an updated list of free games. That leads to your next suggestion.

Also, this may not really be something within your scope of interest or expertise, but a script we could activate which tags games on SG that SGT recognizes as free, with the option for us to simply one-click from the SG site to send in a report that a game isn't matching free status between the sites, could really make your tracking of free games more efficient, if that's an arrangement that's possible to put into a script. Just a passing thought. :)

That could be included to the actual SGT userscript, but I think it'll be more useful for it to be on a widely used userscript like ESGST. And since the author of that script tried to gather the list of free games too, it may be interested in something like this. Send him a message about it, I could integrate it to SGT in a later stage :)

6 years ago

Bundle-scraper stuck?

6 years ago

I fixed in a couple of days ago. It was not bundle parser that broke, it was cron that was wiped without any logical reason.

6 years ago

Just had my first train with invalid entries, 8 total and 1 actually won unfortunately. Assuming that this is where I request that they be given infractions, if not could you point me in the right direction, I can't seem to find anything. I double checked to make sure all wagons were invite only.

Also one of my winners profiles is private so manual checking does't work on sgtools, since the rules also checked for inactivated and no multiple can I assume that they synced somewhat recently?

Thanks for the great tool and any clarification regarding the above!

6 years ago

Yes, this is the right place to ask for infractions to be applied. I just did apply them, thanks for the report!

If one of them won, ask a reroll through a steamgifts support ticket and you'll get a new winner.

If one of your winners profile is private, you can ask steamgifts support to check it for you.

6 years ago

Thanks!

6 years ago

Knife Battles zero contributor value since Nov 25, 2017, but GA ended Nov 26 not marked as "Free game"

6 years ago

Added to the free games list, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Battleplan: American Civil War

• Reduced contributor value since Oct 16, 2014
  • Zero contributor value since Jul 29, 2017

but GA ended July 30, 2017 not marked as "Free game"

Cubic http://store.steampowered.com/app/718330/

• Reduced contributor value since Nov 30, 2017
  • Zero contributor value since Oct 26, 2017

but GA ended October 27, 2017 not marked as "Free game"

6 years ago

Added to Free Games List, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Battleplan: American Civil War http://store.steampowered.com/app/285130/Battleplan_American_Civil_War/
GA ended July 30, 2017 not marked as "Free game"

6 years ago

Can you give me a profile that is failing? It's on the list of free games with a proper date of July 29th

6 years ago

You create the giveaway on 28th NY time, that's why it's not counted as a free game.

6 years ago

Hi, here are some titles not detected as free games in SG Tools:

Thanks, regards.

6 years ago*

Added to the Free Games List. Thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Hi knsys,

I banned ur site
You are currently serving an infraction until
5017-12-09 10:07:38
NY Time

How can I fix ?
This punishment when the im new fresh user
Now I am more aware of these issues
Would you remove the punishment please ?
I promise you that something like this will never happen again
Thanks for time

6 years ago

You entered the following protected giveaways without a valid entry:

• Fault - milestone one
  • Satellite Reign
  • Hand of Fate
  • Slayaway Camp
  • Everything
  • Dungeon of the Endless™

Strike system is in place to let the user learn through mistakes. You have broken the rules 6 times, the infraction will stay as it is.

6 years ago

U force me to violate the rules
a new member u giving me 5000 years punishment
I naturally wanted to go into the ga
Remove my punishment if you violate it again u can kick me

6 years ago

Awareness bump! ❤️💙💛

6 years ago

This title not detected as free games:

Doomed Kingdoms

• Reduced contributor value since Dec 12, 2016
  • Zero contributor value since Jul 31, 2017

Pirates Deck - excluded from GA list, but if check this
https://www.steamgifts.com/user/Smectik
this game count as "free game"
i checked this with spreadsheet and got match with SG
If calculations use price-0.01 we get the exact match with SG (this is especially of importance when a large number of GA)

6 years ago

Added Doomed Kingdoms into free games list.
I can't add Pirates Deck without a date when it was added to the free games list.

Now CV subtracts 0.01 if the value reported by points is an integer

6 years ago

small mistake, now
Eastwood VR (5 Copies) (19.99$ Total)
must be subtract 0.01 from price each copy
Eastwood VR (5 Copies) (19.95$ Total)

6 years ago

Fixed, what a stupid mistake to do, shame on me.

6 years ago

Hello, I keep failing SG checks because johnsgame (597240), a previous win, has had keys revoked. Here is a reddit thread on it

6 years ago

If the game was revoked you will need to make a ticket asking support to change the feedback to not received.

6 years ago

Hmm OK, thank you

6 years ago

Also, you should comment on the giveaway to let the creator know what happened. They may give you a new key or if you agree they can have support delete the giveaway.

6 years ago

Clean (with support approval) user appearing with a lot of not activated wins that all share the same timestamp, take a look yourself: https://www.steamgifts.com/user/Peenuts

You can see all games listed on SGtools as not activated, being on their account, checked that myself.

Seems to be a bug of some kind.

6 years ago

Maybe he fixed something, because I can't see any not activated flag on his profile.

6 years ago

Weird... still got the info from copy & pasting for support ticket however, there were 32 games showing up and all with the date "2015-12-09 06:58:00".

6 years ago

It was 3D Realms Anthology - Steam Edition, since it's the package at that exact date and it has 33 items inside it.

I don't know why it was flagging before and not now. Maybe api stopped returning temporarily those games as owned for some unknown reason, or the owner indeed didn't activate it's copy and now did so. Either way, now they are viewed as owned by SGT and that's why it doesn't flag.

6 years ago

Case closed, thanks for explaining. ^^

6 years ago

hi f1476612-e442-11e7-a65e-fa163ee2f826, it's still running but as you can see, most of the carts have the same invalid entries, checked their steam profiles and THEY'RE STEAM FRIENDS! Some of them even have like 40 or more account that are clearly farming accounts, by their name and by the fact that all were idling the same game.

Funny thing, one of them even left a comment here, I will create a steamgift support ticket as well.

6 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

You did well on reporting them to Steamgifts support too, they may be breaking some important rules too.

6 years ago

Is there a way for the creator to view the list of giveaways being tracked by a SGTools link?

6 years ago

That is indeed a good suggestion. You can now see the list clicking at the "Show Giveaway List" text that will appear in edit giveaway section.

6 years ago

Thanks. I find it a bit clunky that I have to go inside the edit screen, but I guess that makes thing easier for you when you don't have to deal with the permission issue in the dashboard.

6 years ago

Checking permissions is easy, I just thought it was the best place for that info to be.

Can you please explain me in which scenario you'd want that info in the giveaway dashboard? Maybe I missed something and it's indeed useful to have it there!

6 years ago

I guess this is an uncommon use case, but I was splitting up my train into 3 parts and create an entry point for each of them, and I wanted to make sure that all the giveaways are included in the 3 parts. Currently, I would need to middle click on the edit button to open it in new tab, and then the newly added link to view it.

There is no rush to implement it, though. It might make sense as a use case for me, but may not be for other people, and we don't want to clutter the interface with rarely used features.

6 years ago*

Well I think it's a nice addition, maybe not on giveaway dashboard (where you see all giveaways that you tried to enter), but on manage section, where you see all giveaways that you have created.

To avoid generating a ton of html that would be unnecessary on the majority of the occasions, I think the best approach is to have an endpoint generating those kind of information and access it though ajax on demand.

6 years ago

Would you please change the options for owned_games in the custom rule builder to include "in" and "not in" operator instead of the regular comparison operators? From what I can gleam from other people's rules, owned_games is an array of app, so it doesn't quite make sense to use the regular comparison operators on it.

6 years ago

You are right, updated it to only allow "in" and "not in". Thanks for the report!

6 years ago

I usually see it being used as <appID> in owned_games. Currently, it generates the rule as owned_games in <appID>. Will this even work?

6 years ago

No, this won't work. As the array is the owned_games variable, it should be flipped.

I'll look at it when I got some free time, since I don't want to break the "in" and "not in" operators for other variables. I've been very busy lately, and free time is a scarce thing unfortunately.

6 years ago

Take your time :)

6 years ago

Another round of banned games; just in time for the holidays.

• 399580 Nuclear Shot
  • 473500 Vianiato PopOut
  • 705080 Vianiato PopOut OST
  • 496600 Partical City Guardians
  • 565890 The Silence Of Darkness
  • 642530 Nuclear Shot: Tracks
  • 661540 Partical City Guardians: Tracks
  • 701830 A War Story
  • 722930 A War Story : Zombies!
  • 729880 A War Story Characters : Green!
  • 729890 A War Story Characters : Crazy!
  • 729900 A War Story Characters : Allison!
  • 726850 A War Story Characters : Dust!
6 years ago

Hi. Yes. Sgtools can not find the activated game.
I owned this game: http://prntscr.com/hqf2qh ___ http://prntscr.com/hqf316
sgtools: http://prntscr.com/hqf1kh
steam - http://prntscr.com/hqf226 - not found

6 years ago

Added to the whitelist, thanks for the report CJ :)

6 years ago

Bump! :-)

6 years ago

Hello! I've got a game on my account that SGTools is suddenly reporting as not owned. What's the protocol to correct?

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/FMX5J/transformers-devastation
http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/Gaffi

Store page is defunct: http://store.steampowered.com/app/338930

Blown away on SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/app/338930/history/

Edit:

Confirmed other users are also flagging for this game. Some examples:
http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/moshimoshi
http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/Rafaael

Thanks!

6 years ago*

6 years ago

Thanks for the link, added to whitelist!

6 years ago

Woohoo! Thanks for keeping up with this, knsys!

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

+1, sgtools don't let me pass due to this problem

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

Hello
I have a little problem...
I wanted to join to giveaways by steamgifts tools, and have a information

'Your account is flagged as having some unactivated Wins or your profile is Private.
This also can happen when Steam is down when you account synchronizes, if that is the case synchronize again.'

but i actived all my won keys ?

What is this all about?

Ps. sorry for my bad english

6 years ago

You need to wait for transformers to be added to the sgtools whitelist as it has been removed from steam. See the comment above yours.

6 years ago

See the post above yours and also here
Transformers Deastationa and a few other Activision games were taken off Steam due to expired licenses. When knsys gets to placing these titles on the sgtools whitelist your, and everyone elses, account won't get flagged any longer.

6 years ago

Thank's guys

6 years ago

You're in the clear now, the game was added to the whitelist.

6 years ago

Thank you man ! :)

6 years ago

Merry Christmas, Knsys! :3

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

Merry Christmas LostSoul!

6 years ago

Thank you, Knsys!

6 years ago

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Merry Christmas, knsys! 🎁🎄

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.