SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/50fef9f8-fd80-11e7-907d-fa163ee2f826

1 leak in "Commandos PAck" - checked user - seems to not be multiple / unactivated wins, so must be skipping the gate or who knows?

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Hey this is me. I've got and had at that time (and always) all my wins activated. I've found this problem and I don´t know what went wrong. Maybe a recent game removed from Steam or something like that.

This is the comment where I started to ask what went wrong a few days ago.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/b736C/tool-sgtools-new-section-deals/search?page=45#zwiHMWc

EDIT: ups this was just below this same comment

1) If I was compliant, is there any way to remove my strike?

2) Also, I asked knsys how to detect if a link shared to an invite is protected by ESGT and he told me: "you can install the SGTools userscript and it'll tell you when a private giveaway is protected by SGT."

However I've had the script for several months and never saw a difference. I'm attaching an example of how I see a public and a protected GA (which I accessed through my dashboard because I can't open links now)

I found this problematic GA through the entries tracker of ESGT while I was looking for an option to warn me that a GA is protected.

Thanks both of you for your time and sry for the inconvenience.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Bump! :-)

6 years ago

I'm also having an infraction here, not sure why. Is there anything I can do? Do I have to share certain information? Thanks!

6 years ago

You got two strikes for entering The Flame in the Flood and Commandos Pack protected giveaways without a valid entry.

6 years ago

1) Is there any way of checking when I get a link shared if such link is protected by SGTOOLS? There is a whole forum dedicated to sharing SG links in Alienwarearena (users share their own GA) and there are some steam groups sharing links also.

I'm almost positive that the Flame in the Flood was a GA I was borderline with my CA rate and I wrote it down on an excel (I do this for invites with long term expiration when I'm, short of points and after the point system change I rarely do this). Then maybe I won some other game and my CA rate dropped.

2) Is it possible to pass rules on a date and then stop complying by losing rate?

I couldn't really check this because I entered hundreds of Flame in the Flood GAs and I didn't know which I failed to pass.

However, I only entered two Commandos GAs in this time and I can't see which one had rules imposed and which rule I broke. I'm completely puzzled with this. Now I have a 3 months suspension =(. Thanks anyway for your response.

PD: I just noticed that my Commandos entries were for public GAs so I guess I was kicked out of the GA by ESGT and I can't even check where I had this problem. Also if this is not the right place to ask these things just let me know.

View attached image.
6 years ago

1) Yes there is, you can install the SGTools userscript and it'll tell you when a private giveaway is protected by SGT.
But you should never enter a private giveaway that is posted on a forum unless it's posted by the creator itself, protected by SGT or not.

2) Once you pass the rules, you have a valid entry for that giveaway. It doesn't matter if you don't comply with the rules afterwards, you still got a valid entry.

You had an entry on that giveaway when the infraction got applied, because SGT uses SG giveaway entry list to apply the infraction. Since you can't remove an entry when the giveaway is over, you should still have it somewhere on your giveaway entered list.

6 years ago

Got an invalid entry on one of my giveaways:
https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/65d802ec-010e-11e8-907d-fa163ee2f826/invalidEntries

Hope this is the right place to report it?

6 years ago

Yes, here is the correct place to report it.

Infractions applied, thanks!

6 years ago

6 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Hi knsys. I'm sorry for bothering you here too. I do not know if this is the right place. I sent you some messages directly from Steam. However, I did not receive a reply there, I came to check here. I was blocked because of mistakes I made on my first day inside SGTools. I did not know the tool, much less its rules. This happened at the end of last year. You can check it out. Have compassion. I think I've been blocked for a month. When you have a little time, could you check my case? I thank you immensely and in advance. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Peace bro.

6 years ago

Hi Miguel, sorry for not reading you but I haven't been much active on steam latetly.

I can see that you have currently 4 strikes, that means a permanent strike. You have entered LEGO The Lord of the Rings, Cuphead, LEGO® The Hobbit™ and She Remembered Caterpillars protected giveaways without using the SGT check.

Strike system is in place to avoid long bans on the firsts offenses, but 4 is the numer when strikes nets you a permanent infraction.

6 years ago

First of all, I was very grateful for your response. I know you're too busy and I'll wait for you to have a little time. As I said earlier, I actually committed the infractions, without questioning this. I'm crying out for my case to be analyzed, because like I said, I committed the infractions pretty much the first day I met SGTools ... I did not get a warning, nothing. I was blocked for 3,000 years. I understand that the tool is yours and you can apply the rule as you see fit. However, I urge you to carefully analyze my situation, where I did not intend to harm or deceive anyone, I simply did not know the rules. I made several puzzles together with my father, as we explained to Ronix, who finally understood that there was no malice in our proceeding. You can confirm all this information. We did the puzzles together and we believed that there was no problem in sharing the link. I had no reason to get his link, since I was without any kind of blocking in SGTools. It was just a silly mistake on our part. Thanks again in advance. Peace buddy.

6 years ago

You were blocked for 3000 years, aka perma blocked, because you broke the rules 4 times.
You get the same warning that you see right now with strike 1, 2 and 3 with different time penalties. If you just checked what you were doing wrong when you had 1 strike and only a month of not entering sgt giveaways you would be ok now.

6 years ago

Sorry, but warning where? I didn't receive any warning, at least I didn't see it. However, that's OK, your site/tool, your rules. Like I said, I didn't act with intention to harm or deceive anyone, but...OK. (if you could at least lessen this punishment....) Anyway, thank you very much for your time, assistance and explanations. God bless you bro.

6 years ago

Getting a 500 error trying to create a train. I saw earlier (a year ago) in the thread it's happened before with some games messing up with the API from steam. I wonder if it's possible to give you a link to the first GA and let you have a look through the 93 wagons. Already have you added as friend on Steam, so could send it to you there.

6 years ago

I checked out the logs, and it seems that you are trying to repeat a wagon in the list that you pass to sgtools.

6 years ago

Thanks! I think I know how to solve it then! Must be because I took the GA-codes from more than one page since the train is so long, and sometimes when several GAs end at the same time, the order shifts when you switch pages.

6 years ago

Got an invalid entry on one of my giveaways:
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/7d99b7be-face-11e7-907d-fa163ee2f826/invalidEntries
Thanks for your help !

6 years ago

6 years ago

Two new customers:
a1c8cc4a-fa11-11e7-907d-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks :)

6 years ago

Invalid entry in this one:
1c0d4d34-f86a-11e7-907d-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks!

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago

Hi,

You leaked a giveaway url for the game Guardians of victoria

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago

Leaking the giveaway url is sanctioned with a ban,and bans are final.

6 years ago

Looks like there is a bug with how SGTool calculates the value for Dark Soul III.

6 years ago

Corrected the price, thanks for the heads up!

6 years ago

Question: how do you edit out some of my sgtools filters

6 years ago

There is a little pencil icon in your giveaway dashboard, click and and you'll be able to change the filters

6 years ago

figured it out. THanks

6 years ago

Another ban wave:

• 600340 Turret Terminator
  • 659750 Reversed Dreamland
  • 719380 Blast Lander
  • 754390 Cube Way
  • 769280 Cube Way 2
6 years ago

Added them to the whitelist, thanks for the heads up!

6 years ago

I am sure this been mentioned before and i am sure having so many games doesn't help, but waiting so long on every check tends to get a bit annoying.

6 years ago

Several of us asked CG to provide us an API for getting several info, but it's not in his agenda to do that.
So the only option left is to parse the pages, and that will always be slow when there are a ton of pages to parse :\

6 years ago

Bump! ^^

6 years ago

This GA has one invalid entry, I was instructed to post here, so here goes. ;-)
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/ba85695e-002a-11e8-907d-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

6 years ago

@knsys: May I ask how you are getting the list of free games (no CV value) from SteamGifts, or how you would check if a particular game is considered free? I'd like to add informationm about this in my Tampermonkey script, but I can only find the bundled list, not any free list.

6 years ago

Unfortunately there is no way to get that info in a reasonable way. So I maintain a list and add new games when someone reports me a free one :\

6 years ago

Ok, thanks for the info!
Could you make the list accessible on sgtools, or provide an API to check for individual game's status?

I was going to query the giveaway creation autocomplete API from SteamGifts, but having something cached would be so much nicer!

6 years ago

ESGST mantains a database of free games, it's not perfect but I use it to synchronize with it.
Send a message to the creator of the script to get his permission to use the rest call :)

6 years ago

Maybe if we ask cg he may create a page similar to this

6 years ago

We asked several times, but it's always a nice idea to ask again. Maybe if he sees more people interested, he'll implement it.

6 years ago

Another ban wave -.-:

• 298300 UFO Online
  • 410560 Trinium Wars
  • 421960 World of Fishing
  • 463680 Guardians of Ember
  • 526000 Guardians of Ember - Immortal DLC
  • 526001 Guardians of Ember - Mortal DLC
  • 526002 Guardians of Ember - Demigod DLC
  • 526010 World of Fishing - Starter Pack DLC
  • 528780 World of Fishing - Pro Pack DLC
  • 544070 World of Fishing - 2016 Promo Pack DLC
  • 544071 World of Fishing - Advanced Pack DLC
  • 601580 The Onion Knights - Definitive Edition
  • 679010 Guardians of Ember - Deluxe DLC
  • 679020 Guardians of Ember - Ultimate DLC
  • 681860 Wild Buster
  • 682580 Wild Buster - Founder DLC
  • 682581 Wild Buster - Deluxe DLC
  • 682582 Wild Buster - Collector's DLC
  • 684670 Guardians of Ember - Basic Pack
  • 716540 Wild Buster - Basic DLC
6 years ago

yes i found my account rejected

6 years ago

Added them to the whitelist, they were quite a few! Thanks :)

6 years ago

Bump! :-)

6 years ago

Ah I see Cjcomplex was faster, so just a bump :)

6 years ago

Bump!

6 years ago

New customer, I hope you can do a swift one-shot KO on his account:
3f5ab05f-08c3-11e8-907d-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

Infraction applied, he is an usual suspect and already perma-infracted from long ago. He keeps trying though :\
Thanks for the report!

6 years ago

You know, I had the feeling that the name was familiar…

6 years ago

Are wishlist-based rules working now that Steam changed the way wishlists work? It broke wishlist-based functionalities in several websites (including SG).

6 years ago

It's probably broken. I'll take a look at it, should be easy to fix though.

EDIT: Fixed :)

6 years ago*

Thanks! :-)

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.