So I was thinking of the suggestions that have been seen and some that keep coming up in different forms and thought a list might be handy. I haven't gone through the forum but will be as I can to add to this.
If the forum code cooperates with firefox...if not I will have to do it with IE.

(Edited for format by Cult <3 )

What has been suggested so far-

Implemented

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

My quick suggestion - clicking on the number of comments in the thread should take you to the last page of comments.

1 decade ago

yeah i suggested something like that before too, except that it's supposed to take you to the last comment, which is not always at the last page (it could be a reply on the third of 35 pages)

1 decade ago

that would be cool, or a slight change to how forum works.
when you click reply to specific post it quotes it and puts it at end of whole thread.

1 decade ago

Err, could we get "Private Steam Group + Automatic Inviting to Said Group"
As seen here

It's just something thats been bugging me for a while. :S

EDIT: Thanks for that. <3

1 decade ago

Why does it start counting from 1 again after 31?

Also you might want to clear the list for things that are already implemented like:
8 Compiled Steam Wishlists
11 Block users from entering giveaways for Owned Games
*29 Site Ads

1 decade ago

I don't know why it started back at 1, it was entered correctly and I will experiment with it.
I will update features implemented, I got side tracked just making the list.

1 decade ago

Maybe move the implemented stuff to bottom to clear up confusion after a header like:

Implemented

Check Formatting Help FAQ for more. And please 'implement' capitalization :)

1 decade ago

good idea. will do that shortly

1 decade ago

One suggestion in mind, though it doesn't pertain to the forum.

Have it so users are able to enter or remove an entry without having to click on the giveaway. Have an Enter or Remove Entry button for each giveaway. It would really be helpful and efficient for those entering in multiple giveaways or just in a hurry.

1 decade ago

but then people wouldn't read descriptions or have to browse the site at all. If they did that, they also wouldn't comment, read comments, or thank Gifters since they never make it to the comment page.

1 decade ago

Why would I need to read descriptions, comments or even leave comments? If one wants to do any of that, then one can simply view the giveaway page. This is designed for those that would rather just enter the giveaway and that's it.

1 decade ago

it would add convenience but it would also hamper rules of the giveaways and any facts that the gifter wants know for those entering... i.e. code only, etc

1 decade ago

no it wouldnt. its the responsibility of the entrant to read the description for stipulations and further information.

1 decade ago

At least the ability to remove an entry should be allowed from the main page. While having to go to the giveaway's page itself makes sense, being unable to pull out of it doesn't. Considering that you can also do it from Manage Your Giveaways > Entries page. Please don't say doing it from there is enough, it is still one more page to browse without reason.

1 decade ago

being able to logon without using steam would be nice, so I can logon from work... lol

1 decade ago

won't work. the accounts are forcibly bound to your steam account, and I don't see how it could work any other way

1 decade ago

ah bummer, so I am stuck working at work..... thanks for the answer.

1 decade ago

You can browse the site without logging on, though you can't see the points for giveaways and enter them. At least you keep track of them at work.

1 decade ago

updated

1 decade ago

There are still things to improve in the original post:

And for the last, please start each suggestion with a capital letter.

1 decade ago

I have made the suggested adjustments, thank you

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

updated with a few things.

1 decade ago

it has been awhile since I updated this.... I am going through the posts now.

1 decade ago

ok, it's updated.... possibly some duplication etc.

1 decade ago

Nice one. The list is getting a bit big though, so you might consider categorization (invites, giveaway entries, points etc). Also better check what has been implemented (i.e "Dynamic Cost of Invites" is an announcement of CG so it's implemented already). Other than that, if this thread makes even one person to not create a topic for a suggestion that already exists, it will be helpfull ;)

1 decade ago

I have moved that to implemented. And I agree it is getting to be a long list... but it's nice to see everything in one spot. As for categorizing it.... I might do that when I am bored at work... haha

1 decade ago

going to be updating this and sorting. would be nice to get this stickied, to cut down on suggestion posts.

1 decade ago

My suggestion - no additional rules for the public "ad specialty" giveaways.

(“Ad specialty” is the advertising industry term for the giveaways that organizations use to keep their names out in the public in a direct and personal way.)

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Joelnh.