From Cappycom: As of January 2016, the epic fantasy action-RPG Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available on Windows PC for $29.99 / € 29.99 / £ 24.99, with full Steam platform support. Huzzah!

In case you missed it on console, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is an awesome, inspired, sprawling fantasy game set in an open world, where players create their own unique character and supporting, AI-controlled characters known as Pawns, which can be “rented” and shared online by other players. Battle giant mythical beasts, master a variety of distinct vocations, and explore atmospheric dungeons to uncover endless items and loot.

The PC version will feature stunningly high-res graphics and improved fidelity, as well as support for both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, as well as a traditional keyboard and mouse control scheme.

Sourcee

Are ya excited?

This was a game I bought around the time I transitioned to a PC gamer, so I never got around to the chance of playing it. I do however own it for the XB360. I thinks the PC version will be pretty good, if not better than the old-gen versions

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Excited??

View Results
Yap
Nop
Maybe, who's porting it?

That's great news! Dragon's Dogma was one of a handful of games that made me wish I owned another console. Let's just hope they make a good port (otherwise I guess I'll keep doing what I always do with games that look interesting but have spotty ports, wait until it's really really cheap).

8 years ago

Also, Cappycom?

View attached image.
8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

8 years ago

(¬‿¬)

8 years ago

Or just Capy for the close friends. :P
I know, different company

8 years ago

That super time force looks neat, wishlisted

8 years ago

Yeah, I know, Super Time Force is quite different, but it would seem like Capybara games were in part inspired by some of the older Capcom games
You know, I can see certain similarities between the two:

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago

Those baby cappies are cute as hell.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Ah, that's good news indeed!

8 years ago

Unfortunately, it was also the engine used for Resident Evil Revelations 2, which had a terrible PC version on release. That said, it's cleaned up nicely post release and is much better now, so hopefully it resembles the finished product and not the day 1 release.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

I'd even accept 30fps for PC, since the original game's framerate was so awful.

8 years ago

Nice. Was interested in that title but since I don't own a console I didn't get a chance to play it. Of course, I'm not gonna be hyped about it until I see it's a proper working game because there are too many disappointing ports these days ;p

8 years ago

This is the only game I own for my PS3. Easily top 5 favorite games ever. Good enough to buy it for a third time? We'll see... :D

8 years ago

I was looking for your comment on here :)

8 years ago

Don't know anything about this game, but I'm always glad to see more games on PC!

8 years ago

Have heard from many people it's a very good RPG. Here's hoping for an awesome port (=

8 years ago

Yay! Now I'm just hoping for Asura's Wrath, Journey, Bayonetta, Pokémon, and the Red Deads on PC.

8 years ago

Thumbs up for Bayonetta and Red Dead Redemption <-- if that's what ya meant above

8 years ago

Oh you will get Pokemon on your PC alright.

View attached image.
8 years ago

Pokémon has made its way to android so progress is being made.

8 years ago

...as a permission-persistent music box and a scummy match-3 game.

8 years ago

Honestly I haven't even looked at it but it's an official title outside of a Nintendo device.

8 years ago

You do realize the satire of my post is that we could get a Pokemon game on Steam, but chances are that it'll be a spin-off title as opposed to the traditional turn-based RPG main games right?

8 years ago

PS3 RPG that I don't know much about, which apparently is very well received, and now it gets a PC port. Sounds like Dark Souls before I played it, and I would love to try it out if it's half as good as DS1.

8 years ago

Not quite as good as DS1 (favorite game ever), but the combat is absolutely fantastic. The Dark Arisen DLC, specifically, is some of the best fun/excitement I've ever had in a video game. Base game = 8/10. DLC = 10/10

8 years ago

Intresting, but Pawns very stupid and overly talkative. Try to get on the PC, but need patch "shut up Pawns"

8 years ago

Pretty sure you could shut them up in the settings.

8 years ago

Have it on my PS3 and it's a really Awesome RPG. Never completed it cause I'm not a console gamer, but I'm really excited to play it again on PC :D

8 years ago

Yeah! I want to try it with mods!!!

8 years ago

My body is ready

8 years ago

So you did blacklist me for commenting on your previous thread? Lol, that's funny :D
I was wrong =\

Nope, I wasn't wrong. 1st blacklist. yaay :D

8 years ago*

Me too!

View attached image.
8 years ago

Lol never known chickens to follow everything and one, maybe ya reconsider taking the persona of a Lemming instead

EDIT: Seems a tad harsh and rude after re-reading that ,apologies (=

8 years ago*

Okay... Mad much... Don't know why I was blacklisted... SadisticLemming doesn't have the same ring, so soz but no...

8 years ago

One thing s1N never gets hun is mad, esp over internet hijinks (@= One doesn't have be mad to BL anyone

8 years ago

Ok. Well still don't know why I was blacklisted, if you tell me the reason then I can fix it so I don't get blacklisted again...

8 years ago

TBH i didn't even notice ya there, So nop

Butss since ya seem so eager (=

8 years ago

Ok, sorry. My bad :)

8 years ago

I know (=

8 years ago

all fixed now <3

8 years ago

Yay! For first blacklist!

8 years ago

Party tonight! My place! :D

View attached image.
8 years ago

I'm gonna get chocolate wasted

View attached image.
8 years ago

Yea Yea, I seen what ya attempted to do. Nice try nonetheless. (@=

8 years ago

what did I attempt? :D
if you think i care either way - you are wrong. i just thought it was funny :D
you can totally give away 5 copies of fallout 4 to piss me off tho. no, wait. i still won't care :D

View attached image.
8 years ago

Had never heard of it to be honest, looks really good though.

8 years ago

It's kind of like Monster Hunter series bred with Dark/Demon Souls series.

It's by no means some AAA title, but it's got a ton of charm that's hard to resist.

Also, it's jARPG so can be a bit grindy at times, but anyone used to the aforementioned series (MH/DS) shouldn't have a tough time.

8 years ago

Hellz yes. This is another of the titles that made me envy the PS3.

I'd said I'm hoping for a good port but this is Crapcom we are talking about. I've still be hoping for this ever since I saw the first JRPG ports appearing on Steam though. Glad to see that pressure is picking up to do this.

I will most likely pre-order to encourage this trend to continue.

8 years ago*

will probably preorder as well since I've had a friend talk about this game almost everyday when it was released a few years ago.

8 years ago

I'd worry about the port, and to some degree I do because of the horrors that was Resident Evil Revelations 2 on launch on PC, but it is an MT Framework game, like DMC4, and that runs amazingly. If they apply what they learned from RER2 to Dragon's Dogma, it could be a great PC version.

8 years ago

If it runs half as good as DMC4 I'll be ecstatic.

8 years ago

Same here! But, unfortunately, DMC4 was on MT Framework 1.0 and Dragon's Dogma is on 2.0, so I'm not sure how well 2.0 games port. The other releases have either been simultaneous or at least with PC in min, so who knows? Of course, they have months to get the port working, and they fixed RER2 within three weeks while working on the remaining episodes.

8 years ago

Got it on PS3 during a sale, I can give it a miss.

8 years ago

Buts ya has awesome friends, maybee one of em will give it to ya for FREE (=

8 years ago

Maybe, but its not going on my wishlist, so less likely.

8 years ago

I'd rather have DDO ported instead of JP region locked (of course there are ways around it, but come on now).

8 years ago

Great potential, depends on ports and price.

8 years ago

Always heard good things about this game, let's hope for a good port.

8 years ago

So Capcom's porting cult hits for budget prices now ?
Wonder if we'll see a PC release of Asura's Wrath with all the DLC included next. I'd be up for that.

8 years ago

Just remembered about Asura's wrath, even after seeing someone mentioned above it didn't ring a bell until it randomly hit me. Heard that game was pretty neats too, There is a good possibility it will show up for PC later on. So lets hope (=

8 years ago

I got a chance to play a bit of it in a game store. The gameplay is somewhat lacking as it's more an interactive movie than anything else. But it you have a passing interest in anime (Shonen stuff in particular) it's definitely something worth watching.

8 years ago

I don't watch too much of anime. TBH, I find most of it weird. Lol. However i have ran across a couple of good ones. I will though, look into that one (= thankies for the suggestion

8 years ago

Have it on PS3, Masterpiece.

Open World Monster Hunter!

8 years ago

Picked up the original on 360 in one of the big digital sales, grabbed the expansion on disc in sale. Will like pre-order this, can't actually remember the last time shut up and take my money actually applied to Capcom.

8 years ago

Capcom has kinda been on the roll lately. At Least with re-releasing, their oldies but goodies games. Knows for sure I will preorder both upcoming Resident Evil remakes and more than likely this game as well.

8 years ago

Really liked the game on ps3 even with all the framerate issues, so hoping for a good port at least.

8 years ago

Gimme 60 FPS and I will be happy.

8 years ago

for every game,turn off everything and run it on 640x480.

8 years ago

They way it's supposed to be.

8 years ago

I played it for a good 5 hours and just couldn't get into it. Felt really boring and grindy, and the huge empty map with no fast travel was a chore.
Happy for people who are excited though :)

8 years ago

The beginning is set up in a very odd manner, but you can fast travel later on. It is grindy, though, by design. Still, being able to climb all over the monsters is a lot of fun, as is using each other's pawns.

8 years ago

Maybe I made a mistake being a mage. Was just kinda standing there firing little bolts :/

8 years ago

I found that the pawns work better as the mages, either as healers or nukers.

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by s1N.