Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Coming 2 America - A movie that doesn't really know if it wants to just redo a bunch of scenes from the original in a slightly updated way or if it wants to tell a new story. So it does both and it doesn't really work. There are good ideas in both the nostalgia and the new stuff, but I'd overall say it doesn't do either well. Not a total waste of nearly two hours, but for sure not a must see.

3 years ago

The Hurt Locker (2008)

American war thriller film. Very good cast, pretty interesting and suspenseful story. I'm not a huge fan of war movies, especially not american ones, but this one was surprisingly good. No wonder it's already a modern classic.

Funfact: All the movies I've watched this week have been directed by women in honour of International Women's Day last monday. And apart from Greener Grass (2019) they were all very good or even great. I can definitely recommend all of them apart from Greener Grass (2019).

3 years ago

Boss Level - 6/10

3 years ago

Boy (2010)

New Zealand comedy-drama film. Real gem of a movie. Good performances (especially by the child-actors and Taika Waititi). It's funny, it's emotional, it's just a very good coming-of-age story. Definitely check this one out.

3 years ago

Coming 2 America
Stopped watching after 40 minutes. Not a single smirk... I was willing to watch it till the end but my wife made me kill it.

Loved the 1st one though, back in the days.

3 years ago*

The One and Only Ivan (2020)

American fantasy drama film. If you have young children and haven't watched this movie with them yet, what are you doing? It's agreat family movie with a beautiful story that can teach your kids something important about the ethics of animal captivity, it has wonderful characters, both human and non-human. A great cast and voice cast. Stunning visual effects, no wonder it got nominated in that category at the Oscars. It has it's funny moment and it's more emotional ones, too. Inspired by a true story. Absolutely check this one out! This might very well be one of the best family movies of 2020.

3 years ago

SAW 4 Its funny movie.

3 years ago

My Octopus Teacher (2020)

South African documentary film. Such a beautiful documentary. I can't believe I cried over an octopus. Do yourselves a favour and check this out as soon as you can. Even if you're not a big fan of documentaries. It's just so good!

3 years ago

Pinocchio (2019)

Italian fantasy film. So this is said to be a very faithful adaptation of the book. I can't say anything about that, since I haven't read the book. But there are definitely differences to Disney's Pinocchio (1940). The movie is pretty good. Good peformances, great make-up and costumes (no wonder it got nominated in both categories at this year's Oscars). Very interesting character. It's not as much of a kids movie as I expected. There are some quite dark scenes in there. So yeah... I can recommend this movie. It's not as good as the 1940 one in my opinion, but it's good in it's own right.

3 years ago

Zack Snyder's Justice League .

WOW! COMPLETE redemption.With some scenes staying, it felt almost like a completely different movie. They actually took Flash and turned him from comic relief into an actual character. And, since I never looked at a cast before, I was in actual shock with a guest character I did NOT see coming.

Went from a good 3/10 to a good 7/10.

3 years ago

Crip Camp (2020)

American documentary film. Very good and powerful documentary. Great original footage from the time back at Camp Jened and new footage of the amazing people that were introduced to us back then. Very insightful about their time protesting when the government didn't implement the acts that would be more than beneficial to them. Highly recommended!

3 years ago

I'm your woman, the story starts good and exciting and the actors are quire decent, budget is obviously low (but the movie isn't bad considering the budget) , ending and pre ending was kinda complex, many "non essential" details were mentioned with no reference to why/what they were for, In the end, I was satisfied (I've not watched a lot of movies .....) but my mind had some unsolved mysteries even after the ending....

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

3 years ago

trying to remember what ive watched since the last time i was here.
Richard Jewell
similar to Sully, perhaps a bit better. Clint eastwood centers this film around the media´s impact on a persons life. Never heard about this story. An unlikely hero finds himself as fbi´s main suspect on a bomb attack. the media reinforces this idea by publicly showing private records that paint him as the typical enforcer type wannabe american.Guilty until proven otherwise.
7/10
Summer Rental
Completely pointless comedy with John candy. It's a two part film that starts as a slapstick comedy but turns into something else halfway through. Thankfully the movie stops before it actually ends, which i definitely didn't mind.Compared to the much better Vacation, this was considerably more narcissistic for what is a family centered flick.
2/10
Wise Guys
de vito´s character is addicted to gambling and his friend is easily influenced, this addiction make them a target to the mafia, and its by simulating these character quirks that they ultimately fool the mafia.
That ending was one huge pile of shit and the characters were paper thin...De Palma made this, really? could fool me.
3/10
Sabata
Exactly like any other spaghetti western, but this one got Lee Van Cleef, therefore it was better than most.
7/10
The Wretched
Not very good, but one might enjoy its creature lore
5/10
The Mule
decent slow paced film with some cool character interactions with (Eastwood) Earl Stone, also based on real life events.
As a movie of course, because all mules are trash, end of story
6/10

3 years ago*

Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)

Director's Cut of American superhero film. I'm taking a little break from watching the Oscar nominated movies I haven't seen yet to watch this one. I have seen Justice League in 2018 and while I didn't think it was bad I thought it was just mediocre. I'm not a huge fan of comic book movies anyway, but I thought I'd give this one a shot to see the differences. One of the irst things that I noticed was the ascpect ratio. 4:3 is not used that much these days, especially not for a huge blockbuster like that. And yeah, the characters have so much... character. They're not just one-dimensional like in the original. The movie is definitely worlds apart from Justice League (2017) and well worth watching for that reason. It's very good! And about the runtime. Yes, 4 hours is long. But it has to be this long. There's so much story packed into it. It doesn't get boring, which is surprising for such a long movie. That doesn't mean it's only action, the movie also has slow moments, but they're still entertaining. So yeah, I can definitely recommend it.

3 years ago

The Trial of the Chicago 7 (2020)

American historical legal drama film. Rewatched this one yesterday. Still really good. Still makes me wish the Oscars had a Best Ensemble category.

3 years ago

The Midnight Sky (2020)

American science fiction film. The first half is alright. The second half is definitely much better. But what stands out are the great VFX. No surprise it got nominated for an Oscar in that category. Pretty slow-paced, but this isn't one for lots of action anyway. I'd recommend it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

3 years ago

The Life Ahead (2020)

Italian drama film. Great performances, especially by child actor Ibrahima Gueye and the legendary Sophia Loren. I don't understand how she didn't get nominated for an Oscar for her performance in this movie. She was snubbed! Io sì (Seen) is a great song and definitely deserves the nomination for Best Song, but for this movie it's not enough. So yeah... beautiful story, great performances, all around something I can highly recommend but after watching it I'm shocked that Sophia Loren didn't get nominated for a performance that great.

3 years ago

Pieces of a Woman (2020)

American-canadian drama film. The first half hour is really intense. The last ~30 minutes are also very good. The rest inbetween is rather slow, but definitely not boring. Great performances (Vanessa Kirby definitely deserves that Best Actress nomination at the Oscars), very hard-hitting topic. I can recommend it, but it's not an easy watch.

3 years ago

Greyhound (2020)

American war film. Fascinating topic, good performances (but let's be real, Tom Hanks has been better), but overall not very exciting apart from a few scenes. The nomination for Best Sound at this year's Oscars is deserved, though. (Not that it's gonna win (that category has to go to Sound of Metal) but they had to nominate other stuff too.)

3 years ago

Emma. (2020)

British period comedy-drama film. Interesting story, very good performances, very good cast. Overall pretty good. Definitely deserves the nominations for Best Costume Design and Best Makeup and Hairstyling at this year's Oscars. Recommended!

3 years ago

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge - 8/10

3 years ago

Wolfwalkers (2020)

Irish-luxembourgish-french animated fantasy adventure film. The animation is amazing, the voice acting is very good. The basic concept of the story is pretty obvious from very early on. A conflict of interest. The father has to hunt wolves for the Lord Protector and the daugther is becoming friends with the wolfwalkers and the wolves and so much more than that. Added to that is fascinating irish folklore and a beautiful soundtrack and this tale, told through magnificent 2D animation, becomes one of the best animated movies of last year. Absolutely deserving of the Oscar nomination! Highly recommended!

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.