Note: This will be the only landmark event... future landmark events are cancelled. Details Here

13 Trains can be accessed from the below chart once you have collected the passcodes for each part

Note: for the month of October AND NOVEMBER you are able to ask me via Steam chat for up to 3 individual landmark puzzle passcodes allowing you to only have to solve a total of 15 from the 18 puzzles to gain access to all trains each month! More details here

Oct's Top Ten Nov's Top 10 Dec's Top 10
1 seNs 1 c0ba8 -
2 Svipur 2 panos82 -
3 kdrgn 3;nickchanger -
4 Yukulele53 4 Ivanhelsing -
5 mgbnn 5 vaclavkaslav -
6 Petazetas (Ikkimura) 6 zorglub -
7 nickchanger 7 Memoscorp -
8 utplayer2 8 anapple -
9 anapple 9 Petazetas -
10 redsweater 10 redsweater -
Oct Trains Nov Trains Dec Trains
Week 1 Week 1till Dec 9th Week 1
Week 2 Week 2 till Dec 17th Week 2
Week 3 Week 3 till Dec 28th -
Week 4 Week 4 till Dec 29th -
Month Month till Dec 29th Full Event
BONUS Puzzle BONUS Puzzle BONUS Puzzle
No. & Assigned TO: Goal Week to go Live: Landmark Name - Puzzle Access Icon Link Country City/Town
1 Momo1991 Oct 1st week-Ended Atomium ICON Belgium Brussels
2 Shadders Oct 1st week-Ended Lion's Mound ICON Belgium Waterloo
3 jeffhowe Oct 1st week-Ended Shipka Memorial ICON Bulgaria Balkan Mountains, 13km away from the town of Shipka itself
4 mmm92 Oct 1st week-Ended Dubrovnik Clocktower ICON Croatia Dubrovnik
5 jeffhowe Oct 1st week-Ended Pula Arena ICON Croatia Pula
6 Nordhbane Oct 2nd week-Ended Little Mermaid ICON Denmark Copenhagen
7 jeffhowe Oct 2nd week-Ended Man Meets the Sea -aka Men at Sea ICON Denmark Esbjerg
8 jeffhowe Oct 2nd week-Ended Ejer Bavnehoj ICON Denmark Skanderborg
9 jeffhowe Oct 2nd week-Ended Chartres Cathedral ICON France Chartres
10 Shadders Oct 2nd week-Ended Statue of Napoleon ICON France Cherbourg
11 Evilblacksheep Oct 3rd week-Ended Millau Viaduct . ICON France Millau
12 m0l0 Oct 3rd week-Ended Mont Saint-Michel ICON France Mont Saint-Michely
13 MSKOTOR Oct 3rd week-Ended Monument to the Departed ICON France Natzwiller
14 IAmZorglub Oct 3rd week-Ended Notre Dame ICON France Paris
15 m0l0 Oct 4th week-Ended Basilica of the Sacre Coeur ICON France Paris
16 yukulele53 Oct 4th week-Ended Eiffel Tower ICON France Paris
17 Mikalye Oct 4th week-Ended Louvre Pyramid ICON France Paris
18 yukulele53 Oct 4th week-Ended Arc De Triomphe ICON France Paris
19 IAmZorglub Nov 1st week-Ended Paris Opera ICON France Paris
20 Momo1991 Nov 1st week-Ended Pompidou Centre ICON France Paris
21 Mikalye Nov 1st week-Ended Canadian National Vimy Memorial ICON France Vimy
22 mmm92 Nov 1st week-Ended Brandenburg Gate ICON Germany Berlin
23 mmm92 Nov 1st week-Ended Golden Statue Berlin ICON Germany Berlin
24 Adelion Nov 2nd week-Ended Archer in Dresden ICON Germany Dresden
25 Adelion Nov 2nd week-Ended Holsten Gate aka Holstentor ICON Germany Lubeck
26 MSKOTOR Nov 2nd week-Ended Bavaria Statue ICON Germany Munich
27 Mikalye Nov 2nd week-Ended Mausoleum of Hadrian aka Castel Sant'Angelo ICON Italy Rome
28 Evilblacksheep Nov 2nd week-Ended Temple of Apollo ICON Greece Delphi
29 smythe Nov 3rd week Blue Dome Church ICON Greece Oia
30 ercalote Nov 3rd week White Tower of Thessaloniki ICON Greece Thessaloniki
31 Corran Nov 3rd week Hallgrimskirkja ICON Iceland Reykjavík
32 Momo1991 Nov 3rd week Waiting on Shore ICON Ireland Rosses Point
33 Bombaklats Nov 4th week Two Towers of Bologna ICON Italy Bologna
34 Nordhbane Nov 4th week Ponte Vecchio ICON Italy Florence
35 Corran Nov 4th week Statue of David ICON Italy 0
36 IAmZorglub Nov 4th week Milan Cathedral ICON Italy Milan
37 Evilblacksheep Dec 1st week Tower of Pisa ICON Italy Pisa
38 OnlyTwin Dec 1st week Altare della Patri ICON Italy Rome
39 yukulele53 Dec 1st week Colosseum ICON Italy Rome
40 Lalwende Dec 1st week Emperor Augustus ICON Italy Rome (nephew of Julius Caesar)
41 Mikalye Dec 1st week St. Peter's Square PASSCODE not required for,train ICON Italy PASSCODE not required for,train
42 ercalote Dec 2nd week Mole Antonelliana ICON Italy Turin
43 jeffhowe Dec 2nd week St Peter's Basilica ICON Italy Vatican City / Rome
44 Mikalye Dec 2nd week Acropolis of Athens PASSCODE not required for,train ICON Greece PASSCODE not required for,train
45 MouseWithBeer Dec 2nd week Venice ICON Italy Venice
46 Corran Dec 2nd week Faraglioni ICON Italy It's a kind of rock formation, so they're found in various places, not one. The icon looks like the ones in capri though (check wiki)

Welcome to the first event planning thread for the Steamgifts Famous World Landmarks-- EUROPE Part 1!

Many may remember me saying how nice it would be if we as a group "toured" the world together in a large-scale event! Well we have 250 landmarks around the world to visit together and it will take a year and a half to finish our travels together. I've divided the 250 landmarks into the main continent areas and planned out a schedule as follows:

Event Locations No. of Landmarks Goal date to go live
Event 1 EUROPE Part 1 46 October 2017 1st week
Event 2 EUROPE Part 2 45 January 2018 1st week
Event 3 North America 36 April 2018 1st week
Event 4 South America & Mexico 30 June 2018 1st week
Event 5 ASIA Part 1 33 Aug 2018 1st week
Event 6 ASIA Part 2 33 Oct 2018 1st week
Event 7 AFRICA & OCEANIA & EURASIA 14 + 8 + 5 = 27 Dec 2018 1st week

Looking for volunteers to:

CREATE PUZZLES:

• Take from 1-3 of the landmarks on the list and be responsible to create a puzzle for each of your assigned landmarks.
  • Come up with a creative way for everyone to "visit", "experience", and learn about this landmark together.
  • At the least you can create an itstoohard puzzle with no more than 10 questions about the landmark.
  • Make it as puzzely or not as you wish... the goal is more for us to learn and experience and not make others be "stuck" in difficult puzzles.
  • NOTE: it may be nice if you pick a location you live or have visited before and share your experience.
  • You may choose to have a GA or GAs after your puzzle or have none. (Each puzzle solved will give passcodes for reward trains later)

DONATE TRAINS or individual GAs:

• Volunteer to donate a reward train to be accessible after various stages of the event
  • Volunteer to donate single GAs that can be put on a reward list of GAs

The success of the event depends on all of us joining in on the creation of it and also everyone solving the creation and experiencing the result together! THANKS ahead of time for your part! Note: HERE is an example of a previous puzzle event I helped put on that had creative volunteers that proved to be a big success!

So ready to pick one or 2 or 3 landmarks and get to creating?? Reply to this thread the landmark(s) that you are interested in taking.

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bump for November!

6 years ago

Can we please make sure that all puzzles that aren't set up yet are checked in regards of solve-ability before they are published? Sure, every puzzle is solvable somehow, at least for the creator, but when only a hand full of people can solve a puzzle within 2 weeks then this surely falls into the category of "make others be stuck in difficult puzzles".
With one single puzzle being only a fracture of the whole set of puzzles needed to solve the weekly/monthly ITH it's not only annoying for the solver to spend days or even weeks on one puzzle but it also takes the chance to solve these final ITH's when it's just too hard because it's a pure guessing game.
Also, with us being from all over the world, English is only a second language to most of us so if the puzzle is worded... difficult to understand because the person who made it also is a none-native speaker, then this doesn't really help solving it either.
So please have someone check the puzzles if they are plausible. Or if they cannot be solved within a week by a reasonable number of people (which imo should be most of those who are trying to solve - at least as long as there's not enough "Jokers" when we use to still participate in following ITH's), either change the questions or give hints that actually help.

If someone needs help with English (there's nothing wrong with looking for help even if you think you're good enough, or at least to have soemone proof-reading it), I'm willing to help with that. I'm also no native English speaker but I guess my English is good enough to have an accurate opinion if something is easily understandable or if not.

Please take my suggestions into consideration... and sorry if someone feels offended by this, that is not what I have in mind by writing this, I'm just a bit annoyed right now.

6 years ago

That is why you can ask for up to 3 Passcodes for the month of November for any puzzles you aren't able to solve.

What you say is excellent ideas but we all are different people with different styles of puzzle design... and also a public board where we all volunteer to do this just for fun but not a job.

Some puzzles that you might find you can't solve or can't understand, others might love it and be able to solve...

Any problems with puzzles are worked out DURING the solving attempts by everyone writing comments and requests for hints or help.

Just look me up on Steam and ask me for a passcode for any of 3 during November you can't solve. You will still get access to weekly and month train!

BTW: I am working on a HUGE puzzle event to release Dec 15th that will run till Jan 15th. I designed all the puzzles in it so you will find the event more solveable and I can personally help you through it. Hope to see you there! ;)

6 years ago

Yep, I just now - just before reading your reply - learned about the 3 passcodes for November. Until then I only know about thos for October. Thanks for that!

Of course, I understand. Still, my offer stands - whoever want's someone else's opinion on the wording of a question or a text in general, as long as I have the time I'll try to help!
And maybe we can at least try to keep things more according to the landmark puzzle guidlines with new puzzles.

A big event? That sounds quite exciting! I hope I'll find the time to dive into it. Looking forward to it.

6 years ago

Another suggestion: I can fail solving an ITH - but there shouldn't be a chance to fail getting to the landmark puzzle in the first place by hiding it behind another puzzle. What I mean is that a landmark puzzle should not and never be hidden behind another puzzle to even get there. In my opinion that's just super annoying and kinda messes up the whole topic of having specific langmark puzzles (instead of puzzles hiding whatever) in my opinion.

6 years ago*

Bump for November solved! :D

6 years ago

Congrats for solving!

6 years ago

Almost solving. Thanks for the passcode. :)

6 years ago

Added, thanks!

6 years ago

Late november bump!

6 years ago

better late than never bump! ;)

6 years ago

Strange how I was the 9th person to solve #30, but there are already 14 solvers of December week 3, which includes #30. Hmm...

6 years ago

On the top of the post:

"Note: for the month of October AND NOVEMBER you are able to ask me via Steam chat for up to 3 individual landmark puzzle passcodes allowing you to only have to solve a total of 15 from the 18 puzzles to gain access to all trains each month!"

by jeffhowe

6 years ago

lol, duh. I even knew that. Thank you. Weird how things get compartmentalized sometimes.

6 years ago

December week 3? There is no Dec week 3. Last week of event is Dec week 2...

6 years ago

I was VERY not paying attention when I typed it. It's November 2, I think. Maybe November 3.

6 years ago

Bump for some more solving progress! :)

6 years ago

And bump for November solved!

6 years ago

November bump!

6 years ago

bump

6 years ago

Bumpember.

6 years ago

Bump - November solved :)

6 years ago

Thanks for the puzzles.
Quick question can you provide a link for 41?
Thanks

6 years ago

That puzzle hasn’t been posted yet.

6 years ago

Thanks I wasn't sure since it was listed as week 1. I shall wait and see.

6 years ago

Yea it’s late... so is number 44... only two left in event but late. I’m thinking I will go ahead and make week 1 and week 2 Trains now and not require solving 41 or 44...

6 years ago

I wasn't trying to rush you. I just found these puzzle threads today and was banging them out.
Thanks again.

6 years ago

November 2nd week train GAs are still good for 13 hours! Hurry!

6 years ago

December 1st week train added...

6 years ago

Thanks and bump!

6 years ago

December week 2 train added...

If you want to add some GAs to the Full event rewards let me know. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

All the puzzle creators did so,well and we have had a memorable trip together to many places in Europe!

6 years ago

Bumpytibump. :)

6 years ago

Sent a friend request and commented on your profile so you know what its about. Just bumping. Overall great event. I stumbled and was away for awhile but I'm back. :)

6 years ago

Glad to have you back ... dropped the code you needed on Steam chat.

6 years ago

Thanks. I'll check it out when I get home after work.

6 years ago

Bump for dec week 2! Thanks for the missing passcode!

6 years ago

Greetings,
I want to really apologise. I have two very late puzzles. Work has exploded, I have worked 70+ hour weeks in December, gotten home and just collapsed. The Acropolis is really big (not quite Louvre big, but close), and I will post is on or about Christmas day I hope. I have been meaning to write a much smaller Pizza San Pietro puzzle for some time. I originally pitched this as a geometry cum logic puzzle. Given that the shape of the piazza is a trapezoid adjoining an ellipse, I could see all kinds of interesting mathematical takes on this, but my brain was fried and I am now posting something very different. Nonetheless it has involved a surprising amount of work to post what is, at the end of the day, a very light puzzle. Sorry again, - Mikalye

6 years ago*

Real life takes priority. 70 hour workweek is amazing! Great job!

Thanks for the update...

6 years ago

Amazing is not exactly the word that springs most directly to my mind....

6 years ago

Amazing you have such stamina... and good because you have a job firstly and that you're in demand... much needed...

And not bad at all to be earning some extra dough!

6 years ago

Ahhh... The glory of being a salaried employee. I am not getting anything extra. But my employer is grateful in a generic, not-money-related way.

6 years ago

bump

6 years ago

Bump :)

6 years ago

Bump for Dec week 1 solved

6 years ago

I've solved some so here's a bump :)